For Your Consideration

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With the recent modifications we have introduced in the political forum I would like to share some thoughts and useful information as a member not as a moderator.
Since these changes have been ongoing we are getting some critiques that this forum should be neutral in nature. US and world politics are never going to be neutral so it would be impossible to achieve that here. Politics are by nature volatile and filled with passion.
I rarely post in this forum partly because of the atmosphere here but mostly because I prefer to keep my political views private. I do however have the same fears and concerns that many have expressed here on many of the issues the world faces now. I however regularly telephone and/or email members of congress and the senate as well the political leaders in the US as well as the media. I encourage everyone to do the same if you want to make your voice and views heard.

President Barak Obama
Contact the White House | The White House
202 456-1111

Vice President Joe Biden
Contact the Vice President | The White House
202 456-1111

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
contact-us.state.gov/egi-bin/state
202 647-4000

To reach your Senator or Congressman
www.senate.cov United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 2nd Session

United Nations
Contact the United Nations

Council Of European Union
eeas.europa..eu
011 32 2 28 281 56 50

Middle East Quartet
Quartet Representative Tony Blair
info@quartetrep.org
CNN
cnn.desk@turner.com
404 827-1500

Fox News
yourcomments@foxnews.com
888 369-4762

MSNBC
Contact us- msnbc.com
212 664-4444

New York Times
letters@nytimes.com
888 698--6397

Washington Post
letters@washingtonpost.com
202 334-6000

Los Angeles Times
letters@latimes.com
213 237-5000

I would only hope if you expect to be taken seriously that you conduct yourself in these venues as we have expressed we expect you to conduct yourself in this forum and the remainder of the site; with knowledge, honesty and integrity without bias.
I have learned a great deal here in this forum and look forward to spending more time in politics in the future as a member and not a moderator.
Thank you for your consideration.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I welcomed the newly-stated guideline that biased, inflammatory thread titles would be changed by moderators into something neutral:

"Thread titles should be as bias-free as possible - if they are considered to be out of line with this rule then titles will be edited by a moderator to a more neutral stance."

But when I brought it up in the case of a particularly inflammatory thread title, I was called a communist by the offender and advised by a moderator that this was not something that could/would be fixed without a major meeting of mods. No one is saying that the forum and all its contents should be neutral. But there was a stated principle that thread titles should be. If the mods no longer stand behind that stated principle and will not enforce it, then I'd appreciate a formal withdrawal of it.

Last edited: