Age-gap Relationships

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pardon me for interrupting the discussions of rimming, fisting, blowjobs, etc. but what do you think of age-gap relationships?

Many employ “the high-school rule” in assessing age-appropriateness: if you and the person of interest could have been in high school at the same time, then please proceed; basically, plus-minus four years.

For the Han Chinese, they believe that a man’s ideal spouse should be at least seven years younger, and more is perfectly acceptable. They think that a woman too close in age, or, heavens, older, steals a man’s “sheng ming li”, or life-force.

What do you think?

Reactions: Enid

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The largest gap between me and a partner has been 13 years. I didn't think anything of it, nor do I care. My husband and I are only about a year in difference. Again, that doesn't matter.

If you're both adults, it shouldn’t really matter.

I personally have issue with some adults too much younger than me, mainly because I'm an old lady at heart, and those youngin's wanting to drink and party and go out make my skin crawl. Lol

Really, who cares. If you're happy and everyone is legal and consenting, you do you.

Last edited by a moderator:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's an 8-year gap between my husband and me, and it sometimes rears its head. He got to AARP before me; he got the senior discount before he was even old enough. I got carded the other day to prove I was over 50! LOL!

World events in his youth are history lessons to me. Our music is totally different, but he's a student and I'm an innocent consumer.

The youngest guy I had ever been with my three years my junior. Our frames of reference were very similar, but he always treated me as the senior partner! I think he liked to be dominated. Didn't last too long, but fun while it did!

Hubby is definitely the largest gap I've had.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It all depends on the people involved and their motivations. If youth or age are the main attraction, if an advantage in power is the drive or one party is taking advantage of the other, then absolutely pathology should not be the foundation of a relationship.

If parties are on level ground, at least in a few areas, and respect/awareness is given age gaps are a non-issue.

Any relationship can be toxic is people are not allowed to grow and change. Age gaps do seem to come with a higher probability of at least one party being more in control...and not in a fun spanky/kinky kinda way. Again, it's all intention and execution.

Ms.M

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think my biggest age gap was being in my early 20s and someone in their late 40s. In the opposite direction, I'm in my 30s and do have 18-21 age people hit on me and it feels odd. The man in their late 40s never made it weird though. I had some people who left me with an impression of their being a creep due to the age gap.

Reactions: Fredneck1951

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My previous guy was16 years older. current is13 years older.
it mattered to the last one.
Current gets a kick out of the stink eye/you go looks.
I don’t catch them.
The only issue is we are in different stages of life. He retired a decade ago.
I am building a business.
He’s used to taking off whenever, wherever. I have to strategize this.

A client shared that he was in a similar situation, and that, along with the 100 mile distance, made it not worth pursuing.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I think it matters as far as the younger one’s age/position.
Let us say I met my dude, and I have yet to coin a nickname, at age18.
He would have been 31.
A few years before, I developed a crush on the singer in my brother’s band. The singer was 31.
It was mutual and my brother shut it down.
Is it that much more appropriate three years later?
I say no.
Would in my ignorance have gone for it? Heck yeah.

But it’s ok at 52.
And maybe would have been at 32.

D

deleted924715

When I was 18 I dated a 30 year old and I kind of held him as the standard for a long time afterwards. However. When I reached 30 I looked back and thought... "Ew".