amazing pictures

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
There has been mention in a number of posts that education is the key to prevention of rape. Unfortunatley there will always be those which fail in education...on both sides. There are many instances where false allegations of rape have been used as a weapon by women, and men to harm, 'hurt' or discredit another. These actions belittle the seriousness of the crime, which does great harm in the fight against rape. If allegations are found to be false, penalties should be harsh as well.

Education is the key, one of the places to start is to be taught and to understand the seriousness of the crime.

Start your own thread about it, then.

Maybe manly, but an individual or a group have to be 100% honest in understanding of their own beings awareness, their inner capabilities, limitations to do good, or bad. To think it? Or to carry out the action? At what age do we become aware of the difference...to think or imagine evil, is not the same as to do, or act out something evil?

Anyway, I'm not very good at starting threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To be fair to the officer in question, we dont have a direct quote, we have an interpretation of an interpretation. We have a "she said he said" situation.

As for the writing... synonyms have the same or nearly the same meaning... thats kind of the definition of a synonym. Angry or mad both have the same meaning, they are synonyms. Irate or indignant are also synonyms but, to me, convey a more passionate anger. However, in any case it should depend on the context of the situation. Any of those words can be used.
You are one of the people I suspect I'm talking about then. You have failed to grasp that word choice does make a difference. Nearly the same isn't exactly the same. We don't need more than one word for the exact same sentiment. That's why we don't have any, in most cases. Mad and angry do not mean the same thing. Indignant is so far from angry in definition as to be laughable in your example. If you do not know what the important differences are between the words you highlighted (and it seems possible that you don't) don't use them anymore before consulting a dictionary. I'm serious.

As for the rest of your argument, context? Really? Did you even read what I wrote as a better choice of words? Do you understand that the context of the words that were used instead is the exact problem? Sorry I skipped responding to you earlier. I missed your post.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Transposing the first two sounds of two words in a phrase. After the Reverand W.A. Spooner who was know for such errors of speech.

'Our Lord is a shoving leopard' and 'We have all felt in our hearts a half warmed fish' being two of my favourites.

spoonerism - Wiktionary

thanks manly,

hehehehehehe.........still an entertaining answer.