Another Mass Shooting In Colorado

DarkoRabbit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd say this is surreal, but sadly it's very real and too common. Coincidentally, I used to live just down the street from Thurston High School in Oregon where that shooting occurred 20 years ago. My ex passed Kinkel on his way to the school that day. Also, soon after I moved to Colorado plans fell through to go see Batman on the same day (albeit in a nearby city) that the Aurora theater shooting happened. And I've shopped at the King Soopers that was targeted the other day...

I'd move to Mars if I thought tragedy might follow me there, but it seems to shadow and touch so many -- we will never have enough rocket ships to haul a fraction of it away.

DarkoRabbit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm also curious why he came to Boulder and to that particular King Soopers. Not surprisingly, he apparently has a history of mental illness, paranoia and violence... Maybe he thought someone was chasing him, so jumped on highway 93 or 36 to get away. Both exit very close to that KS. Total speculation on my part, but perhaps when he got there his appearance and demeanor drew attention that got integrated into whatever delusion he was having. After killing the first unfortunate person that looked at him wrong, could be he lost whatever little control he had left.

Trying to make sense out of the senseless is what most of us do, and hopefully shows us that we're not as irredeemably lost like this guy. People process trauma in different ways -- often mine is dark humor. I mean no disrespect to the lives lost or to those who are hurt by that loss, but ever since I saw pictures of the gunman being dragged away and wondered why he came here, a tasteless joke came to mind. Sorry in advance. See below, or stop reading now.

Maybe he bought a bad batch of Minoxidil at King Soopers that went to his head instead of his scalp.

Sorry again.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My heart breaks for Indiana, today.

Eight dead (at 6 am Mountain time), likely more, in a FedEx facility.
The first workplace shooting I was ever aware of was the Edmond, OK post office in 1986. All we really did was create a term for losing it, “ going postal.”
And here we are, after decades of not really addressing any of the issues.
Something like this should be once, maybe twice in a lifetime. I shouldn’t be able to tick off mass shootings before I’ve had caffeine.

S

superbot

Is there really any point commenting on this,..platitudes and outrage soon forgotten and nothing ever done about guns?