Anyone Been Back To The Steam Room Or Sauna Since The Pandemic Started?

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'd wait till November when it mysteriously settles down
Yes, wait until then, where we see the entire world faked the seriousness of a pandemic because of US politics. You clearly haven't lost a friend or family member to this yet.
I suggest taking an introductory course to infectious disease or start listening to some lectures on immunology, virology, or even an introduction to BIOLOGY because the United States is embarrassingly ignorant when it comes to science. The more I learn in virology, the more full of shit I realize the political extremists are full of.

Steam rooms, saunas and towel service are still prohibited where I live by provincial government order. I don't see them reopening again until next year after there is a vaccine. I will be happy when the showers reopen next month. I hate not being able to shower immediately after exercise. It feels so gross!

I recognized one of the guys in the open shower last night and we started chatting after he said hi to me. I'd seen him around a million times before the shut down, but never really talked to him. It was nice to see a familiar face and hang out naked chatting with another dude. It's not completely back to normal (nowhere near), but it's getting there.

FratGuy89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Do you think that taking one news report and then applying it to mean all other deaths are incorrectly reported as COVID-19 actually makes it true? One example is not representative of an entire population. You are exactly like someone who says because they had a mild case of the virus that would mean it isn't that bad. One data point does not provide a conclusion. Instead what you are doing is cherry picking certain instances that fit a narrative you are trying to prove. That isn't how facts work.

jake_30

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This^. I've directly heard of several people present with feeling like they are going to pass out (or actually just falling out) like they are very dehydrated. It's serious. They could have had COVID, it caused a clot, a MI, CVA, and it caused them to lose control, etc. Some places are reviewing cases independently to verify it was attributed correctly.

Myleftnut

Experimental Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Went back last month for one day when gyms began to re-open before they closed down again.

It was pretty empty. I was changing in locker room. Big, black guy goes in toward shower/sauna area, doorway to shower/sauna was straight in front of me. As I was changing he stops short before turning into shower on right or sauna to left. He undresses and faces me, drops towel and fondles himself for a while. I start undressing. He walks into sauna. I wrap a towel and head to sauna, sit at lowest bench. He stands there, opens his towel. Orders me to take off my mask and open my mouth. I oblige to his command. He walks towards me and puts his cock in my mouth. I duck him off. He shoots, gets it in my mouth, face and hair. He starts leaving toward shower. I thank him. I go back to locker, get dressed, try to tidy up, and go meet my trainer for appointment.

MP15

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I went to my first sauna yesterday: Club Orlando.

I was used to COVID protocols but the sauna and steam room still remains closed. Showers, hot tub, pool, The Man Cave, private rooms, et al were open. It was gratifying to see a buffet of naked men.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hot tubbed nude today! Several were back for the first time; some nice looking guys naked in the tub, steam, sauna today.
Got an offer from two guys in the locker room to come home with them so they could double team me. Flirted with a college age slightly chunky smooth guy naked in the tub. I guess its old times.

Reactions: miamirt

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Does anyone have links to any research articles on the matter of when saunas and steam rooms will be safe to use?
Define 'safe.' They are enclosed spaces with extremely little air circulation where people are not wearing masks. You are absolutely breathing in respiratory particles from other users. The dry sauna has an edge on the steam room in this area...the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) notes in its safety guidelines for gym and fitness center owners that "the hard surface, temperature, and humid conditions [of a sauna] means the virus may be more likely to survive" inside-this would go even more for a steam room. To add to this, many people will seek out a steam room or sauna when they feel sick in an effort to 'sweat out' a cold.
No, the steam does not get hot enough to kill the coronavirus in the air. You would burn your lung tissue if it was hot enough to do that.

Now if YOU are fully vaccinated (minimum two weeks post 2nd dose for Pfizer/Moderna) your personal chances of developing Covid-19 disease are small, perhaps tiny. From what we've seen there has been a 0.008% (eight thousandths of a percent) Cov-2 positivity rate in fully vaccinated people in one 43 state review that has been done. Even smaller are hospitalizations from these infections and even smaller than that are deaths at a literal one per million fully vaccinated people (appx.) So its all in your personal risk acceptance level. With a significant number of the population being hesitant or refusing any Covid vaccine, some spread will likely be with us for quite a while.

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I went back to sauna after I was vaccinated. Still waiting on steam room. Virus can travel in wet environments, and steam room is often only 130 degrees. Sauna is 160 or more. Virus has problems in high heat so risk is low. On NC thdir goal is 2/3 vaccinated by June and state will open back up. We are doing better then most states our size now. Gov Cooper has saved a lot of lives.

Reactions: cadmanken

Johnalooloo

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Define 'safe.' They are enclosed spaces with extremely little air circulation where people are not wearing masks. You are absolutely breathing in respiratory particles from other users. The dry sauna has an edge on the steam room in this area...the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) notes in its safety guidelines for gym and fitness center owners that "the hard surface, temperature, and humid conditions [of a sauna] means the virus may be more likely to survive" inside-this would go even more for a steam room. To add to this, many people will seek out a steam room or sauna when they feel sick in an effort to 'sweat out' a cold.
No, the steam does not get hot enough to kill the coronavirus in the air. You would burn your lung tissue if it was hot enough to do that.

Now if YOU are fully vaccinated (minimum two weeks post 2nd dose for Pfizer/Moderna) your personal chances of developing Covid-19 disease are small, perhaps tiny. From what we've seen there has been a 0.008% (eight thousandths of a percent) Cov-2 positivity rate in fully vaccinated people in one 43 state review that has been done. Even smaller are hospitalizations from these infections and even smaller than that are deaths at a literal one per million fully vaccinated people (appx.) So its all in your personal risk acceptance level. With a significant number of the population being hesitant or refusing any Covid vaccine, some spread will likely be with us for quite a while.

This is incredibly detailed and helpful. Thank you!!