Anyone Been Back To The Steam Room Or Sauna Since The Pandemic Started?

punk09

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Define 'safe.' They are enclosed spaces with extremely little air circulation where people are not wearing masks. You are absolutely breathing in respiratory particles from other users. The dry sauna has an edge on the steam room in this area...the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) notes in its safety guidelines for gym and fitness center owners that "the hard surface, temperature, and humid conditions [of a sauna] means the virus may be more likely to survive" inside-this would go even more for a steam room. To add to this, many people will seek out a steam room or sauna when they feel sick in an effort to 'sweat out' a cold.
No, the steam does not get hot enough to kill the coronavirus in the air. You would burn your lung tissue if it was hot enough to do that.

Now if YOU are fully vaccinated (minimum two weeks post 2nd dose for Pfizer/Moderna) your personal chances of developing Covid-19 disease are small, perhaps tiny. From what we've seen there has been a 0.008% (eight thousandths of a percent) Cov-2 positivity rate in fully vaccinated people in one 43 state review that has been done. Even smaller are hospitalizations from these infections and even smaller than that are deaths at a literal one per million fully vaccinated people (appx.) So its all in your personal risk acceptance level. With a significant number of the population being hesitant or refusing any Covid vaccine, some spread will likely be with us for quite a while.

The great Fomite Freakout of 2020 has subsided. Covid19 is primarily transmissible through respiration, not through touch.

As to heat and humidity, see Effects of temperature and humidity on the spread of COVID-19: A systematic review

Conclusion
Considering the existing scientific evidence, warm and wet climates seem to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, these variables alone could not explain most of the variability in disease transmission. Therefore, the countries most affected by the disease should focus on health policies, even with climates less favorable to the virus. Although the certainty of the evidence generated was classified as low, there was homogeneity between the results reported by the included studies.

Disclaimer: Science is always a work in progress, this is by no means the be-all and and-all.

Reactions: Spike Baltar
D

dyltom121

I miss the mens bathhouse sauna that I used to go to a couple times a month. It was always hot to jerk off with a couple other guys.

I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with it yet. It's gonna be a while before I feel that could be safe-ish.
How do you find people to jerk off with?

NautiRogue

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
How do you find people to jerk off with?

There's no finding involved. There's a sauna. There may or not be guys in there when I enter, and guys filter in and out.

I've been back twice now that I'm fully vaxxed. The first time, there were two other guys in there. Tonight, I went at a slow time, apparently. I ended up cumming without an audience tonight.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Our steam room and sauna are now fully open. Sign on the door says no more than 2 permitted at a time, but it is fully ignored. The old gang of regulars are mostly back and steam room fun is cranked up at last!

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've been to the sauna a few times. Here in Texas things opened up pretty soon. I haven't had any issues. I actually think the sauna and steam room might be safe because of the heat.
Neither a steam room or sauna get hot enough to instantly kill viral particles in the air. Temperatures hot enough to do with would burn your lung tissue. Also, the fact that people are constantly exhaling in an enclosed space means a continual resupply of particles being pumped into the air. Killing coronaviruses with heat is not instant-time has to elapse for this to take place. I don't know that any studies have been done on killing live virus suspended in air; they have been done for food, on clothing, on respirator filters, and suspended in liquid media pipetted onto a surface. Average times at which the virus was killed ranged from 2.5 minutes to an hour and vary by viral variant.
In addition, you have the added issue of many people seeking out a steam room or sauna when they feel sick in an effort to 'sweat out' a cold.
Thus, transmission risk in a steam room is considered high between people using the steam room at the same time. Transmission risk in a dry sauna would be lower due to the lack of humidity. The Welsh government actually released specific guidelines for these venues.
https://gov.wales/sites/default/fil...as-and-steam-rooms-and-risk-from-covid-19.pdf

OzCock2009

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
LOL....."Caligula-levels of debauched.".....now that was funny my friend....
Funny but true....the things my mates and I have talked about doing to each other the first time we meet up... and i'm sure it's not just us. the sexual energy that's going to be unleashed... it's going to be fucking AMAZING!

Reactions: Mister2101