Anyone Have Itchy Balls That Is Not Jock Itch? How Did You Get Rid Of It?

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Heading is self explanatory. Some days it drives me crazy how itchy it gets and it's not an STD that I know of and been tested already for. I don't know what is causing it. Not jock itch, no redness, just an itch.

Heading is self explanatory. Some days it drives me crazy how itchy it gets and it's not an STD that I know of and been tested already for. I don't know what is causing it. Not jock itch, no redness, just an itch.

Most likely associated with allergies. Sources are usually dyes, soap, new kinds of fabric, reactions to food, a new pet, or any new activity or environment like a GYM or home based exercise device.

In the last six months I had a friend with a similar condition. His physician prescribed a number of ointments and creams (without success), and then had him take up to 6 Claritin a day until problem began to go away. By doing so, connected the problem with some kind of allergy.

Some individuals develop conditions that lead to thickening of the blood. When it reaches a certain level of viscosity it can’t flow through the smaller passages and will result in itching. In time the condition will become noticeable on other areas of the body. This definitely needs professional attention.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Most likely associated with allergies. Sources are usually dyes, soap, new kinds of fabric, reactions to food, a new pet, or any new activity or environment like a GYM or home based exercise device.

In the last six months I had a friend with a similar condition. His physician prescribed a number of ointments and creams (without success), and then had him take up to 6 Claritin a day until problem began to go away. By doing so, connected the problem with some kind of allergy.

Some individuals develop conditions that lead to thickening of the blood. When it reaches a certain level of viscosity it can’t flow through the smaller passages and will result in itching. In time the condition will become noticeable on other areas of the body. This definitely needs professional attention.
I had one dermatologist tell me that maybe I just had itchy balls. I'm like, come on man, I know we adjust and yeah, even scratch a bit now and then, but sometimes it's really bad and I've had doctors, allergists, dermatologists, etc., all look and tell me basically nothing. I know the difference between an occasional itch and and itch that won't go away for days. They all look at me like I'm some kind of f'g screwball.

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What is your scrotum hair doing? Is it too long? Or do you cut it and its coming in is a little sharp and causing itching like that? I used to have way more itching when I shaved and trimmed. I started to let it all grow back over Covid year last year and I haven't trimmed it at all in a long time and I don't have much itch or irritation or anything much at all anymore.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What is your scrotum hair doing? Is it too long? Or do you cut it and its coming in is a little sharp and causing itching like that? I used to have way more itching when I shaved and trimmed. I started to let it all grow back over Covid year last year and I haven't trimmed it at all in a long time and I don't have much itch or irritation or anything much at all anymore.
I very rarely trim, especially my ball sack where there isn't much hair to begin with

I had one dermatologist tell me that maybe I just had itchy balls. I'm like, come on man, I know we adjust and yeah, even scratch a bit now and then, but sometimes it's really bad and I've had doctors, allergists, dermatologists, etc., all look and tell me basically nothing. I know the difference between an occasional itch and and itch that won't go away for days. They all look at me like I'm some kind of f'g screwball.

Old running joke about dermatology and its standard fix. If problem is dry, then oil it,,, If wet then dry it. Problem solved.

Did any of the doctors suggest that you take a standard panel of allergy tests? This usually amounts to around 70 little pricks on your arm or back. Most Drs are quick to do this since most insurance will cover the cost.

If you can determine the issue is an allergy of some type, then you can start with a process of elimination in hopes of finding the source. Or your doctor can use what your allergy test show to be your sensitive area and make up a desensitizing agent.

Never know where something like this might come from. Furniture at my workplace was replaced with new desk and chairs. Within weeks several people had been made ill with what turned out to be mold in the chair fabric. Something called Stachybotrys atra or Black mold. Apparently it is everywhere but in high concentrations impacts people with allergies, asthma, and other hypersensitivities.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323419

Other end of spectrum is a problem called polycythemia vera. Itching, especially after a warm bath is one of its many indicators.

3 Ways to Diagnose Polycythemia Vera - wikiHow

Reactions: evolution

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Old running joke about dermatology and its standard fix. If problem is dry, then oil it,,, If wet then dry it. Problem solved.

Did any of the doctors suggest that you take a standard panel of allergy tests? This usually amounts to around 70 little pricks on your arm or back. Most Drs are quick to do this since most insurance will cover the cost.

If you can determine the issue is an allergy of some type, then you can start with a process of elimination in hopes of finding the source. Or your doctor can use what your allergy test show to be your sensitive area and make up a desensitizing agent.

Never know where something like this might come from. Furniture at my workplace was replaced with new desk and chairs. Within weeks several people had been made ill with what turned out to be mold in the chair fabric. Something called Stachybotrys atra or Black mold. Apparently it is everywhere but in high concentrations impacts people with allergies, asthma, and other hypersensitivities.

Other end of spectrum is a problem called polycythemia vera. Itching, especially after a warm bath is one of its many indicators.

Thanks for following this and replying as well. Appreciated.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are fungal infections other than Jock Itch. A mold is a type of fungus. Something which is just affecting a particular type of skin and not spreading does sound like a fungus. Have you tried the full range of Jock Itch treatments in case one works? Cream? Rubbing alcohol?

sprinter78

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ever since I had my vasectomy three years ago, the left side of my scrotum is constantly itchy. I've tried anti-fungal creams, but like you said, there is no redness or rash, and the creams did little alleviate the itching. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and intend to ask about it.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There are fungal infections other than Jock Itch. A mold is a type of fungus. Something which is just affecting a particular type of skin and not spreading does sound like a fungus. Have you tried the full range of Jock Itch treatments in case one works? Cream? Rubbing alcohol?
Run the whole gamut. The ones high in alcohol burn like a m'fcker

Reactions: evolution

Player_01

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm no expert but since this is the internet I'm going to give my guesses anyway.

It could be irritation, maybe by the type of underwear you wear is chaffing you. Or the material your underwear or pants are made of is causing irritation. I can't wear any wool without itching even if it's a sweater over full shirt, I itch underneath it.

Or maybe the detergent you use to wash your underwear or clothes is irritating your skin and your balls are just the most sensitive part to it.

Reactions: Stephenmass

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ever since I had my vasectomy three years ago, the left side of my scrotum is constantly itchy. I've tried anti-fungal creams, but like you said, there is no redness or rash, and the creams did little alleviate the itching. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and intend to ask about it.
Keep me posted. I'd be interested in what he says here or privately if you don't mind sharing

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I've also had a series of patch tests on my back. Literally 80 or so different things in direct contact with my skin. Nothing.

lstiantian

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Sometimes if the cream is steroid it thins the skin and makes it more sensitive. Or, it can be as simple as sensitive skin... I felt constantly itchy on the skin of my penis, but after trying several creams, the third doctor that I met said immediatly that it's a problem of dry skin. So, I guess there are lots of reasons. (it turns out that I was edging too much without properly using lubricant.)

samjones

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's mostly to do with rise in temperature or it could be fungal. If it's the weather that's causing the itching, it should fade away but fungal infections do not. It can spread. It is common for fungal infection around the genitals because of the skin folds & pubic hair.

Accidentally, you caught it from someone or foods that are very high in sugar may cause yeast infection.

From my experience, anti fungal creams don't always work but oral medication did the job. Consult your doctor.

I've also had a series of patch tests on my back. Literally 80 or so different things in direct contact with my skin. Nothing.

I am not a MD, but worked with a number of military practitioners. Good bet that what you are dealing with is fungal in nature.

If you can find an MD with some military history as an epidemiologist (or podiatrist), they might be of most help. Oral meds are often first choice, but need a trained doctor to management.

Skin Infection: Pictures, Causes and Treatments
Oral antifungal drugs | DermNet NZ

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ll lay odds it’s fungal (aka jock itch). Get an athletes foot cream or soap. It’s good for jock itch as well.