Arent Trans+trans Couples The Best Possible Match?

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey there!
Of course everyone is different and you don't control who you fall in love with, however, i cant help but wonder, for str8 trans (FTM and MTF without bottom surgery) people:
Isnt finding "your opposite"* in a trans person your ideal partner?
  • Someone that understands your struggle and transition,
  • Someone that is physically compatible with you rather than a Cis woman+FTM or cis man+MTF pairing?
  • Someone who you could produce offspring together.
if yes, does the trans community actively promotes these relationships and social gatherings that can flourish into relationships?

* i hope this is not an offensive term

salemmoon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can kinda give you a response here because you're on the nose about a few things, but what you describe isn't my exact experience.

My partner and I are both FTM, and largely because we're able to understand each other wholly in a way a cis person can't (though they might sympathize, they just can't empathize properly) and also look out for each other in the ways we need to. I've dated mostly other trans guys, only two short cis relationships that ended because we were teenagers and just didn't click. But at that time I wasn't out yet, so I suppose after coming out and transitioning medically I've only dated trans men.

Most of the people I know are in the same situation. I can only think of one situation where a trans man friend is with a gay cis guy, and it has a lot of issues, some of which being that lack of understanding and tact.

In terms of physicality, we find out ways just like any other same-sex couple. Sex has a wider definition I find in queer spaces due to lack of traditional body parts, but also every trans person wants different things. Some don't want any penetration at all, some want only anal, some only vaginal (hi). Building on that, the majority of trans men I know absolutely beyond doubt do NOT want to carry a child. They see it as something so unbelievably triggering, and I know quite a few whose goals might not involve phalloplasty, but at the very minimum, a hysterectomy.

On another related note, I have some pre-existing trauma that makes it hard for me to be intimate with cis guys (even though I want to like, really bad). There needs to be a lot of trust, otherwise I freeze up and my body feels like a rock. I ended up matching with a trans woman in my area who I was really attracted to - hence my 90% gay 10% straight lol - and I was able to have full PIV sex with her with no issues, and it was a first-time situation for me having real flesh PIV lol. Eventually my partner joined and we all had some fun together here and there. Having that bond in acknowledging one another's transition and true identities made me (and my partner, who's way more into women than I am lol) completely comfortable, whereas with a cis guy who I didn't trust I would not only be all locked up but also terrified that they thought of me as a girl. It's pretty complicated.

Anyway, I don't think any specific kind of relationship is encouraged more than another in the trans and queer community. What (generally) people say is just date somebody who truly respects you, and stands up for you. Trans, cis, non binary, whatever, date who you like and mutually respect and take it from there.

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you for you answer, i'd love to hear opinions of str8 trans people as well. Of course what you mention is very important and makes sense
"the majority of trans men I know absolutely beyond doubt do NOT want to carry a child"

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can kinda give you a response here because you're on the nose about a few things, but what you describe isn't my exact experience.

My partner and I are both FTM, and largely because we're able to understand each other wholly in a way a cis person can't (though they might sympathize, they just can't empathize properly) and also look out for each other in the ways we need to. I've dated mostly other trans guys, only two short cis relationships that ended because we were teenagers and just didn't click. But at that time I wasn't out yet, so I suppose after coming out and transitioning medically I've only dated trans men.

Most of the people I know are in the same situation. I can only think of one situation where a trans man friend is with a gay cis guy, and it has a lot of issues, some of which being that lack of understanding and tact.

In terms of physicality, we find out ways just like any other same-sex couple. Sex has a wider definition I find in queer spaces due to lack of traditional body parts, but also every trans person wants different things. Some don't want any penetration at all, some want only anal, some only vaginal (hi). Building on that, the majority of trans men I know absolutely beyond doubt do NOT want to carry a child. They see it as something so unbelievably triggering, and I know quite a few whose goals might not involve phalloplasty, but at the very minimum, a hysterectomy.

On another related note, I have some pre-existing trauma that makes it hard for me to be intimate with cis guys (even though I want to like, really bad). There needs to be a lot of trust, otherwise I freeze up and my body feels like a rock. I ended up matching with a trans woman in my area who I was really attracted to - hence my 90% gay 10% straight lol - and I was able to have full PIV sex with her with no issues, and it was a first-time situation for me having real flesh PIV lol. Eventually my partner joined and we all had some fun together here and there. Having that bond in acknowledging one another's transition and true identities made me (and my partner, who's way more into women than I am lol) completely comfortable, whereas with a cis guy who I didn't trust I would not only be all locked up but also terrified that they thought of me as a girl. It's pretty complicated.

Anyway, I don't think any specific kind of relationship is encouraged more than another in the trans and queer community. What (generally) people say is just date somebody who truly respects you, and stands up for you. Trans, cis, non binary, whatever, date who you like and mutually respect and take it from there.
I find all your comments very informative and always positive and upbeat. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: thewatcherlol

cherryboom66

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I’ve not experienced many Pushers, but on the other hand I don’t surround myself with other trans people.

I wouldn’t mind more trans friends, but it’s not the be all and end all of my existence.

I would rather just date someone I get on with and connect with. Doesn’t matter what’s under their clothes.