Army Briefs

I thought it was boxers in olive drab, but maybe that’s just in the movies.

I thought it was boxers in olive drab, but maybe that’s just in the movies.

The ones I was issued were light brown briefs to match the undershirt. Of course this was back in the early 90's when the uniform was the woodland BDU, so I don't know what is standard today. I don't remember if there was a choice of boxers as I only wore briefs back then and a lot of guys preferred their own personal issue underwear anyway. Either way I no longer have them for a picture nor would they fit anyway as I've gone up a few pant sizes since those scrawny days :(.

From what I have learned from recent (past 10 years) young men in the military:
Army and Marines - green briefs.
Navy and Air Force - tighty whities.
Also the military colleges (not academies) seem to go with tighty whities. Citadel and Norwich U required white briefs, except I saw on Norwich's web page that boxers were now added to briefs. All had to be white.

Actually, commando is more prevalent, especially on Middle East duty, where the heat and humidity (to say nothing of the sand and grit) almost seems like a no-brainer to go bare beneath. We threw out stuff that also required more laundering and space.

Actually, commando is more prevalent, especially on Middle East duty, where the heat and humidity (to say nothing of the sand and grit) almost seems like a no-brainer to go bare beneath. We threw out stuff that also required more laundering and space.

This also is true from what the guys I know have told me. I was referring to what they wear in Basic or when attending a military academy or college. Also, if you have a dress uniform that includes white trousers, white underwear is required although the style is up to the individual.

Reactions: JGalvez
When I was in the Army (2009-2011), we were issued like the tan khaki briefs, but in. Basic when we were brought to the PX to buy stuff, most of us bought either plain white boxers or the black under armor boxer briefs (because that's all the PX sold besides the tan briefs).

Reactions: JGalvez
When I was in the Army (2009-2011), we were issued like the tan khaki briefs, but in. Basic when we were brought to the PX to buy stuff, most of us bought either plain white boxers or the black under armor boxer briefs (because that's all the PX sold besides the tan briefs).
Interesting

Reactions: Lasher86 and Miglli
From what I have learned from recent (past 10 years) young men in the military:
Army and Marines - green briefs.
Navy and Air Force - tighty whities.
Also the military colleges (not academies) seem to go with tighty whities. Citadel and Norwich U required white briefs, except I saw on Norwich's web page that boxers were now added to briefs. All had to be white.
Interesting!

Reactions: Miglli