Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"be the change you want to see in this world"

Women's Issue has been used as a catch all for queries of a female nature. most are not Women's Issues, just happen to have women in the subject line. some of the ladies *self included* feel this is a violation of the spirit/intent of Women's Issue, a small area of LSPG set aside to be girl-ocentric.

Ask a Woman sub-forum has been suggested as happy compromise to tensions in the Women's Issues sub-forum. the new sub-forum would a place for folks *mostly dudes* to satisfy any/all curiosities about the mysterious others known as women.

until a future site update lands the Ask a Woman sub-forum into our hot grubby little hands...

The Ask a Woman Thread and this thread's sister Ask a Woman social group.

How To.
step 1. think of a question.
step 2. post your question.
step 3. check back for replies.

Rules.

1. be respectful.
2. be honest.
3. be open minded.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hmmm factoring in atmospheric humidity?

*does math.. carries tongue size... divides by saliva averages... X = tongue strokes per minute*

the owl says three. is a girl owl. valid answer :tongue1:

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do women in relationships like me significantly more than single ones do?

Seems to be quite contrary to what should be reasonably happening.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
More details pls - like you in what way Gecko? Like to chat to you/generally spend time with? Or make a move on you? Or something else?

Text, call, and generally just in contact with me more. I wouldnt say any have made a move on me outright but I've noticed markedly body language

Like for instance last night at buffalo wild wings I was talking to this chick kristie who was single and everything was pretty socially acceptable for the situation, we talked, laughs were had, cheering/booing at the tv. etc Pretty standard stuff

But then I was talking to my gym mate's girlfriend marisol a bit later on and it was different. Yeah same talk, laugh, cheer/boo as before but interlaced were things like shoulder grabs, longer eye contact (not substantially longer but somewhat longer than usual), perpendicular seating adjustment etc

She even grabbed my hand on occasion

Bare in mind I've never actually spoken to either before ever

And this isnt just a one time thing its pretty standard for me and I find it kinda of confusing

Last edited:

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Test, call, and generally just in contact with me more. I wouldnt say any have made a move on me outright but I've noticed markedly body language

Like for instance last night at buffalo wild wings I was talking to this chick kristie who was single and everything was pretty socially acceptable for the situation, we talked, laughs were had, cheering/booing at the tv. etc Pretty standard stuff

But then I was talking to my gym mate's girlfriend marisol a bit later on and it was different. Yeah same talk, laugh, cheer/boo as before but interlaced were things like shoulder grabs, longer eye contact (not substantially longer but somewhat longer than usual), perpendicular seating adjustment etc

She even grabbed my hand on occasion

Bare in mind I've never actually spoken to either before ever

And this isnt just a one time thing its pretty standard for me and I find it kinda of confusing

Disclaimer out of the way - this is JMO and putting myself in the place of the two girls.

The behaviour you described Marisol displaying was not necessarily more flirtatious, just less inhibited due to the fact you are friends with her bf. You are both aware that she is in a relationship, so you are 'safe' and she doesn't have to be guarded with you (unless she is propositioning you which is entirely different). She considers you unlikely to make a move on the gf of a friend.

If Kristie is single and aware you are also single, she is likely to be a little more guarded, so too much isn't read into her actions, since she could be seen as 'available'.

If the girls with bfs are actually coming onto you it could be a case of grass being greener, it could be you come across as someone good for a bit of fun on the side but not necessarily a relationship... or you could just be that hot ;p In all honesty though I had a very bad experience with the friend of a bf and consequently never do this, so it's just an educated guess on my part. The other ladies may have more insight.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Disclaimer out of the way - this is JMO and putting myself in the place of the two girls.

The behaviour you described Marisol displaying was not necessarily more flirtatious, just less inhibited due to the fact you are friends with her bf. You are both aware that she is in a relationship, so you are 'safe' and she doesn't have to be guarded with you (unless she is propositioning you which is entirely different). She considers you unlikely to make a move on the gf of a friend.

If Kristie is single and aware you are also single, she is likely to be a little more guarded, so too much isn't read into her actions, since she could be seen as 'available'.

If the girls with bfs are actually coming onto you it could be a case of grass being greener, it could be you come across as someone good for a bit of fun on the side but not necessarily a relationship... or you could just be that hot ;p In all honesty though I had a very bad experience with the friend of a bf and consequently never do this, so it's just an educated guess on my part. The other ladies may have more insight.
Ah I see

Thanks red that is actually pretty enlightening

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree with red. I think with you knowing she's in a relationship, she's being herself a great deal more than she would if she were meeting you and you both were single. Girls can be friends, and with her bf and you in common she might open up more to you -- feel safe.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
+1 on what Ms. Redz had to say. i mean, dead on true for meself. is knowing i don't have to worry about my actions being taken as an invention/interest as something more.

also, i trust the boy's judgement of folks. his close friends are auto-vetted in my book.

eta: what Ms. Blonde said. +1 :smile:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Count me in as someone else in agreement with Redz.

I'm also more open with guys in relationships - I consider them to be "safe". Which has backfired if their relationship ends, and they have misinterpreted my friendliness as actual interest (and I mean friendliness, not flirtation).

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Redz said exactly what I was going to say! Putting myself in her place, I am more guarded if I'm not sure whether the other person knows that I'm definitely not looking for a sexual relationship, so I act much more inhibited and careful about my body language and eye contact and the content of the conversation. It can be tiring to try to not give the wrong signals but still be warm and friendly, but not too friendly just in case it's interpreted as leading someone on that will cause some sort of embarrassment or an uncomfortable situation later on. Around people who are taken or if I think that the other person knows that I'm head over heels in love with TheBF, I relax a lot more. Since I'm not guarding myself, I make more eye contact and I don't try to intentionally reduce the number of positive signals I give to the other person because I believe that I don't have to and it would be interpreted as liking the other person as a friend, not an attempt to seduce. It feels good to relax and not be guarded. It's a lot easier to have fun if I can just let go and not have to worry about laughing too hard or being too nice.

On the other hand, I have known people who have never been single because they begin every new relationship before the old one ends, so obviously some people flirt with intention when they're taken. I don't know how a person would distinguish the difference, but I'd give the benefit of the doubt unless something overt happens.

Last edited:

"be the change you want to see in this world"

Women's Issue has been used as a catch all for queries of a female nature. most are not Women's Issues, just happen to have women in the subject line. some of the ladies *self included* feel this is a violation of the spirit/intent of Women's Issue, a small area of LSPG set aside to be girl-ocentric.

Ask a Woman sub-forum has been suggested as happy compromise to tensions in the Women's Issues sub-forum. the new sub-forum would a place for folks *mostly dudes* to satisfy any/all curiosities about the mysterious others known as women.

until a future site update lands the Ask a Woman sub-forum into our hot grubby little hands...

The Ask a Woman Thread and this thread's sister Ask a Woman social group.

How To.
step 1. think of a question.
step 2. post your question.
step 3. check back for replies.

Rules.

1. be respectful.
2. be honest.
3. be open minded.

Good idea, noble sentiments.

However isn't there a chance that the guys who want to pester women will just migrate to the appropriate forum regardless of its title? Is the answer to make the Woman's Issues forum private?

I know that this isn't the most inclusive of solutions but is a definite way to stop the trolls, bores and creeps from leeching onto this particular forum.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good idea, noble sentiments.

However isn't there a chance that the guys who want to pester women will just migrate to the appropriate forum regardless of its title? Is the answer to make the Woman's Issues forum private?

I know that this isn't the most inclusive of solutions but is a definite way to stop the trolls, bores and creeps from leeching onto this particular forum.

I hope womens issues doesn't become invisible, we'd miss good content from the men. Regardless of what some people think, we don't dislike being asked questions, even dumb questions, even moronic questions, we just want them in a place where they belong. It's always touted that if you don't like a question, don't answer but when we do that, we get called cunts, bitches, bullies or some other such name. That's when things go crazy and why we come out in droves.

One would hope that a sub forum with a title like "ASK A WOMAN/LADY" that the idiots would be able to reason that that is where to ask "For the ladies only, when was the first time you had ginormous cock for the first time?" But there are always stupid fucking people who can't follow directions.:mad:

D_AnnaConda

Account Disabled
Media
Just to kinda piggy back on gekos question...would you consider him more attractive/appealing if he were in a relationship...answer both as a single woman and as one who is taken.

One would hope that a sub forum with a title like "ASK A WOMAN/LADY" that the idiots would be able to reason that that is where to ask "For the ladies only, when was the first time you had ginormous cock for the first time?" But there are always stupid fucking people who can't follow directions.:mad:

One would hope, but the sub-forum would probably end up saturated with all sorts of ridiculous questions. So much so that any post worthy of attention would be swamped and missed - probably akin to what's happening now!

I can only imagine that being asked "what's sex like with a big cock" for the 1000th time becomes tiresome and wouldn't, quite understandably, promote the usefulness of a "Ask a Woman/Lady" sub-forum. I think that sooner or later the people that your trying to hive off will eventually come back to the forum where they think the ladies of LPSG congregate.

It's a tricky one.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just to kinda piggy back on gekos question...would you consider him more attractive/appealing if he were in a relationship...answer both as a single woman and as one who is taken.

Er...so your question is: would I consider a man more attractive/appealing if he were in a relationship? Absolutely not. I don't consider men if they are in a relationship.

Your other question is: if I'm in a relationship, do I find men in a relationship (with someone else) more attractive/appealing. No, absolutely not. If I'm 'taken' then I don't see much more than the man I'm with.