Black Lgbtq+ Experiences With Identity And Mental Health Podcast

gramywiner

Experimental Member
Media
Hey! My name is Devarrick Turner and I’m a graduate journalism student at the University of Southern California. My thesis project (a podcast called “The Conversation”) explores topics such as Black LGBTQ+ experiences and mental health.

I am hoping to share the stories of Black people within the LGBTQ+ community who have struggled with their orientation or gender identity due to family or internal pressures and how it affected their mental health. The first episode of the project is my personal story about my experience with depression and anxiety caused by my first romantic experience. Despite the heavy topics, humor and shade are definitely welcome! And all interviews would be done via Zoom or another virtual method.

I understand that discussing your experience may be difficult. But I am also Black and gay and as a journalist, I would make sure that you are comfortable and in a safe place to talk, with the ultimate goal of sharing your story for others to identify with and provide them hope and strength on their own journey of self-acceptance.

If you are interested in sharing your story and would like to be a guest on “The Conversation,” you can email me at devarric@usc.edu or private message me on here.

Thanks! upload_2021-7-31_20-37-57.gif