Can I Get An STI/STD by Receiving A Blowjob?

M

Mantra

A few days ago I met someone who gave me a blowjob for less than a minute (during that time I realized how much I don't want to do it with him and so I stopped him and told him "I can't do it" and left).

Ever since then I've been thinking about maybe getting an infection or a disease from this experience.

Is it possible for an STI/STD to be transmitted by receiving a blowjob this short?
If yes, what are the odds?

Reactions: canadian

TouchMeHere

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the anxiety
Feelings of guilt will ruin your health worse than a wet dick will. If you keep a rubber in your pocket and play safe you should be good to go in the future. For now, what's done is done, try not to let it stress you out too much. We all make mistakes and learn from them.

M

Mantra

Feelings of guilt will ruin your health worse than a wet dick will. If you keep a rubber in your pocket and play safe you should be good to go in the future. For now, what's done is done, try not to let it stress you out too much. We all make mistakes and learn from them.
Thank you, really :)

D

deleted1025121

But dont feel guilty about it and the odds are very slim you caught anything. I used to suffer from anxiety about stuff like this. Just keep an eye on yourself and go to the doctor if you see or feel anything. Its really unlikely you caught anything. STDs are curable with a simple round of antibiotics.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
But dont feel guilty about it and the odds are very slim you caught anything. I used to suffer from anxiety about stuff like this. Just keep an eye on yourself and go to the doctor if you see or feel anything. Its really unlikely you caught anything. STDs are curable with a simple round of antibiotics.

Well, many are curable. But not all; some, like HIV and herpes, are simply "manageable".

D

deleted1025121

Well, many are curable. But not all; some, like HIV and herpes, are simply "manageable".
Agreed. But its 99.999% unlikely he could get HIV if he "received" a bj for like a minute and no fluids were passed.

MP15

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

General rule of thumb after oral sex: use mouthwash regardless whether bodily fluids were exchanged. That and showering before and/or after helps further reduce the very small chances of contracting a STD.

M

Mantra

Did you have any open cuts or sores on your penis when this was done? If not, it's extremely unlikely you could catch anything if you were the one receiving oral. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I think the chances are pretty low.

No, I did not have any wound or open cuts. I usually don't go out like this meeting people this spontaneously (hope I got it right) and I always take care of my body because I'm too anxious of catching anything lol. Reading that the chances of catching anything is low from my experience is really calming but I'll get checked anyway. I was convinced like two days ago I felt discomfort around my groin but it's gone and I don't feel anything different, other than just casual anxiety symptoms.

D

deleted1025121

No, I did not have any wound or open cuts. I usually don't go out like this meeting people this spontaneously (hope I got it right) and I always take care of my body because I'm too anxious of catching anything lol. Reading that the chances of catching anything is low from my experience is really calming but I'll get checked anyway. I was convinced like two days ago I felt discomfort around my groin but it's gone and I don't feel anything different, other than just casual anxiety symptoms.
Sounds like anxiety. I'd wait 2-3 weeks before testing. If you "did" catch anything which is really unlikely...it might take time to develop. But how about elaborating on your story a bit. Why do you feel you caught anything in the first place? Was it some homeless guy in a back alley you met with heroin teeth? I mean if it was just a guy at a bar and you ran into a bathroom stall...its still pretty unlikely.

TheMeatyProfessor

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It can feel scary and embarrassing to go to a clinic and get checked out. It can be even more shameful if you experience symptoms that you know that aren't right.

I'll self-disclose; hopefully, this will make you feel better. I had a friend with benefits whom I would hook up with occasionally, and I really enjoyed when we got together. Although I wore protection on most occasions, we had sex in the shower, and I didn't that time. A few days later, I experienced a burning sensation while urinating, which I stupidly chalked up to minor irritation in my urethral opening; and after that, the discharge came. Of course I was embarrassed as fuck. I couldn't hide or "stop" the discharge, and I was scared that I caught something serious. I checked myself in at a campus clinic, did whatever I could to hide my face while I was in the waiting room, and then I got called in. I tested positive for two STIs! Fortunately, I got antibiotics to treat both the same day, and I cleared up in a few days. I also had the "joy" of calling my FWB to urge them to get tested, which was met with a ton of denial on their part. We didn't fuck around anymore after that.

The symptoms were bad enough. It was worrying about how much the doctor would judge me -- me! -- for coming in with an STI. That was dumb of me to think. Doctors work at clinics; STIs are commonplace, and my weeping dick isn't the first one they've come across. Fortunately, that doctor was really understanding and said how treatable this was. He urged me to be more consistent with protection but didn't berate me for making a dumb decision.

If you feel even an iota of bad, please go get checked out.

M

Mantra

Sounds like anxiety. I'd wait 2-3 weeks before testing. If you "did" catch anything which is really unlikely...it might take time to develop. But how about elaborating on your story a bit. Why do you feel you caught anything in the first place? Was it some homeless guy in a back alley you met with heroin teeth? I mean if it was just a guy at a bar and you ran into a bathroom stall...its still pretty unlikely.

I'm a student. I met him on Grindr. He was a 61 year old man (he's a student here too and he lives in the dorms, not far away from me and he seemed to be a very polite, intellectual, clean and handsome man. It's like super weird for a 61-yo man to live in dorms and share an apartment with a younger roommate. When I met him in person, I was slightly disappointed and I think he was missing two teeth (not sure about it, but I hope I'm wrong). He was much "fatter" than how he was in his photos. He led me to his place, which was dark and slightly dusty and while going there I started thinking about how maybe this is not right for me, but also was in this state of mind of maybe allowing myself to "go crazy" or thinking that it might be just "anxiety of meeting people". I think what made me realize in this situation that I shouldn't be there is the fact that he's about three times my age and doesn't take care of himself properly. I was disgusted and felt so bad. He started kissing me and stuffing his gross tongue deep down my throat and that lasted for like 10 seconds until I took a step back, and then he unzipped my pants and started sucking on my dick. That lasted for about 40 seconds or so, and I was so repulsed I couldn't take it anymore so I let him know that I'm not into it and that I can't do it. He didn't try to block me from leaving and he didn't use any force on me to make me stay.

I ran back to my apartment and took the longest hot shower, scrubbing all my body with an entire bottle of soap, just to remove his filth off of me.

In general, the physical interaction we had is probably just a minute in total. I guess it's just anxiety but I just wanted to be sure. I'm aware that posting this online isn't going to solve anything and of course there's no other substitute for medical help and getting tested, but maybe this was just a way of mine to let it out and share it, maybe this bad experience is really overwhelming to me, I don't know. (It's been like 6 days since the incident and I haven't developed any symptoms yet so I think it's all in my head).

It can feel scary and embarrassing to go to a clinic and get checked out. It can be even more shameful if you experience symptoms that you know that aren't right.

Thank you for your words! So sorry to hear about your experience but it seems like you've learned so much from it. I personally am not ashamed to get myself checked or discuss this with my doctor because It's natural and mistakes happen, but I am scared of visiting a doctor in general. I'm scared of "bad results" (when usually none of my results come back as bad results, I just regularly get myself tested with whatever to find anything just because I have this intense fear of getting sick - which is also something I should seriously get checked and treated).

M

Mantra

Setting everything else aside, he strikes me as an old faggot who is attending college and living in the dorm for the sole purpose of trying to hook up with vulnerable young men.
You really think someone can be this eager to do such thing?

D

deleted1025121

I'm a student. I met him on Grindr. He was a 61 year old man (he's a student here too and he lives in the dorms, not far away from me and he seemed to be a very polite, intellectual, clean and handsome man. It's like super weird for a 61-yo man to live in dorms and share an apartment with a younger roommate. When I met him in person, I was slightly disappointed and I think he was missing two teeth (not sure about it, but I hope I'm wrong). He was much "fatter" than how he was in his photos. He led me to his place, which was dark and slightly dusty and while going there I started thinking about how maybe this is not right for me, but also was in this state of mind of maybe allowing myself to "go crazy" or thinking that it might be just "anxiety of meeting people". I think what made me realize in this situation that I shouldn't be there is the fact that he's about three times my age and doesn't take care of himself properly. I was disgusted and felt so bad. He started kissing me and stuffing his gross tongue deep down my throat and that lasted for like 10 seconds until I took a step back, and then he unzipped my pants and started sucking on my dick. That lasted for about 40 seconds or so, and I was so repulsed I couldn't take it anymore so I let him know that I'm not into it and that I can't do it. He didn't try to block me from leaving and he didn't use any force on me to make me stay.

I ran back to my apartment and took the longest hot shower, scrubbing all my body with an entire bottle of soap, just to remove his filth off of me.

In general, the physical interaction we had is probably just a minute in total. I guess it's just anxiety but I just wanted to be sure. I'm aware that posting this online isn't going to solve anything and of course there's no other substitute for medical help and getting tested, but maybe this was just a way of mine to let it out and share it, maybe this bad experience is really overwhelming to me, I don't know. (It's been like 6 days since the incident and I haven't developed any symptoms yet so I think it's all in my head).

Thank you for your words! So sorry to hear about your experience but it seems like you've learned so much from it. I personally am not ashamed to get myself checked or discuss this with my doctor because It's natural and mistakes happen, but I am scared of visiting a doctor in general. I'm scared of "bad results" (when usually none of my results come back as bad results, I just regularly get myself tested with whatever to find anything just because I have this intense fear of getting sick - which is also something I should seriously get checked and treated).

Well thank you for sharing. I completely understand. And its true, if someone doesn't take care of themselves (or their apt) it actually does give rise to me on how they take care of themselves. So you are justified. I really dont think you caught anything but I would get checked out this week or next. It'll put your mind at ease. And yea...that is kinda weird a 61yo man is in a dorm as a student. But who knows these days. Maybe he's a dorm monitor as a permanent job. Dont beat yourself up. Get tested and forget about it.

Reactions: Gj816 and canadian