Comparing Girth

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I know "thick" is a rather subjective word when it comes to cock size. Though much debate has come of the search to find the average penis size and to console ("the motion of the ocean") or reward ("damn, you're huge!") men who fit anywhere along the length spectrum, girth seems so much more of a mystery. I would say I've heard 4" as an average girth, but of that I can't be wholly certain.

Ask around and "thick" may mean different standards of measure. "Thickness" in comparison to the infamous dollar bill test, toward a roll of toilet paper, or by sight comparison with household items like aerosol spray cans and beer bottles. Pictures often exacerbate this: a man will prove his girth by a side-by-side with a Budweiser. And, of course, anyone can get online and initiate a dick conversation to include some say on how long and thick the johnsons are. When all else fails, "it's thick" (but I haven't measured) is a popular catch-all.

So, in person-to-person comparisons, it's really funny to examine thickness. Dicks look thicker on a top-down basis in ratio to length (short and thick versus long and thick but perceptually thinner), sure. But here's a personal observation. "It's thick," I noted, because it was wide on top, perhaps even beating mine by a few millimeters; after grabbing it to compare, however, mine definitely filled my hand more -- as if he didn't have the spongiosum (sp? -- referring to the underside thickness) to support it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Excellent observation, Dee.

We've all seen those erections that seem to be very wide when observed from the front, yet seem narrow from a side view - they're shaped somewhat like a 2 x 4.  But they're still 'thick'.

Rarely are you going to find a perfectly round erection.

Mine, for instance, is about 6 1/2" circ. halfway along the shaft but it is (this is harder to measure) about 1 3/4" across the top and about 2 1/4" down the sides because of the excess thickness of the corpus spongiosum.  So it appears thicker from a side view than it does from a front view.

The human penis is an interesting organ which is unique to every individual.  It's this uniqueness that makes it so fascinating.

Pecker

Donk: I have never done any direct comparisons, but participating on this site has given me a new perspective on my own thickness. Specifically, I have learned that there are many guys out there who are much thicker than I am.

My girth is a hair over 6" along most of the shaft. (It flares to 7" at the base, but that is not really usable in intercourse, so it doesn't really seem to count.) Before I met all the guys with 7-8" girth on this site, I assumed that my girth was directly proportional to my length and just as exceptional. Now I know that 6" girth is actually kinda thin for an 11" length. I'm not complaining--I know it's still plenty thick. No girl has ever complained that it was too thin, and a few have complained that it was too thick. My gf seems to think it is just the right thickness to be extremely pleasurable without being too thick to insert.

The saving grace of excess length is that you can always stop short of putting the whole shaft in. On length, my motto is always "too much is better than too little!" But if a penis is too wide to insert in the first place, that is more of a problem.

Anyway, when I hear 8-9" long guys say my 11" length makes them feel short, I can kinda understand where they are coming from when I compare my girth to 7-8" girth guys. But I don't feel any need or desire to be thicker.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great posts...

In my case, my girth(6.5) usually beats
most of the guys that i've slept with.
most of them are around 5", i would guess

if i look down on top of my dick i can't really
perceive the thickness that is in back.
I'll have to look up the thread to see
the name of that.."corpus...uh..whateveritis"?
I just call it 'the ridge"
and mine is really pronounced

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I might (MIGHT) be able to help abit with the physiology of the penile shaft.

There are really three interior portions of the shaft of the penis---

TWO side by side "cylinder-type" structures called the corpora cavernosa; each has a central artery that runs down the center of each and supplies the blood that fills the erectile tissues (tiny microscopic spaces that collect blood and increase the sponginess/erect-size of the penis.)

Through the center of the shaft itself (and positioned somewhat on the "underside" as well of the shaft is the soft tissue ridge (containing the urethra) called the corpus spongiosum which actually "ends" as part of the glans of the penis!  This "corpus spongiosum"  portion of the penis shaft is what gives that  "spine-look" of the underside of the shaft and that's what  I believe attributes to the (visual at least) differences in considering the "girth" factor....i.e. when girth is viewed from the top side versus the "side view".

BTW...the "standard" for a typical "average girth" in most medical standards  I have read about is between 4.5" and 5".

An excellent site on the subject of the penis and related information including penis anatomy is:
www.the-penis.com

getnbiggr: I'm not sure this post quite works here, but as a gay man who's just over 6" in girth, I found it very strange, when I first started having sex with men, that my dick was so much thicker than most other guys I slept with.

You get so used to the feel of your own dick in your hand, that when I hold a dick much thinner than my own 6", it just feels THIN. Not in a bad way, just strange. I supposed that's because holding another man's dick in your hand gives you some idea what it must be like to have his dick...

Which may be why, the couple of times I've met guys thicker than me, I've found it VERY hot.

Just some musings.... don't mean to ramble.

hungone: getnbigger sure said it! I am use to what I feel like in my hand.....and then I feel someone else - and they feel so thin! Then I go back to mine - and it feels HUGE! I have yet to have someone in my hand who is thicker than me! (longer - yes - but never thicker!) Anyone in LA wanna teach me something new??? ::)

Late_Bloomer: I typically do the Mt. Dew can comparison-- if it's thicker than a Mt. Dew can, you're safe in saying it's big. In my group of friends, six of us are "large" in the length department, and of us, 3 of us are thicker than said can.

Oh and nothin beats having a cold can of Mt. Dew on your cock than drinking a cold can of Mt. Dew after it has just recently been on your cock. :D

croixbull: Hey Late Bloomer,
Do you and the buds routinely shove what you say you have up each other's ass?
Just a warning: You're young, brash and growing and may not know how to be careful about ripping out each other. You'll be wearing plug for the rest of your life and/or facing some nasty surgery if you get ripped out.

Fortunately I've never injured anyone. Gotta learn when to say "Sorry, I'm not gonna fit."

wristthickxl: My dick is as thick as a Coke can...I have the pics to prove it...and would gladly have traded in a bit of thickness for a bit more length....though at a real 7 1/2 inches long I'm above average, the 7 inches around is what shocks most men....and prevents me from having good sex with most of them...I hope for the guy who messaged above that his friends really aren't as thick as me....

croixbull: Hey wristthickxl,
Yeah. Thick gets left out alot its true. Shreds comdoms too. You can't beat the looks or the "My Gods..", though when you're feeling evil and don't cover your massiveness with your big paw when you pee at a urinal. :D

getnbiggr: Croix:

I was once having sex with this guy who was about 10.5x7.5 and we kept experiencing the "disappearing condom" trick.

We'd put a condom on him, start to play around, and then 10 minutes later he wouldn't be wearing it: and I, at least, couldn't figure out what was going on.

Later, I noticed that he still had the "ring" around the base of his dick, and I realized that he was blowing out the condom. Which I found incredibly hot. I know that most people say that NO dick is so big that it will explode a condom, but this actually happened to me, and while it meant that we couldn't fuck, I still found it really sexy.

Unfortunately, while he had a huge dick, we didn't agree on what was "sexually responsible," which means that he wanted to fuck me without any protection, and I wouldn't let him. So we parted company. But I still remember the "disappearing condom" and find it really hot... :)

meathose10: I bust condoms. My cock is cylindrical in it's thickness - not flat like those "sideview" ones mentioned. I can pull the rubber on OK , but even magnum xl's are snug .I'm evenly thick down the whole shaft. Maybe the fact that there is little or no give since I'm evenly dense causes the condom to tear when their is friction along my cock. God knows the holes are tight. It's a bummer, but it does excite some people. "You're so huge you rip condoms apart !" Sounds sweet , but I still wish it didn't happen as often. I guess I'll have to stick to feeding face....

Late_Bloomer: [quote author=croixbull link=board=relationships;num=1046936345;start=0#10 date=03/23/03 at 08:32:41]Hey Late Bloomer,
Do you and the buds routinely shove what you say you have up each other's ass?
Just a warning:  You're young, brash and growing and may not know how to be careful about ripping out each other.  You'll be wearing plug for the rest of your life and/or facing some nasty surgery if you get ripped out.

Fortunately I've never injured anyone.  Gotta learn when to say "Sorry, I'm not gonna fit."

[/quote]
Only in threats. None of us are gay. :-X

I've had an anal incident before with my exgirlfriend and it pretty much showed me that the anus is just not built to expand that much. I felt so bad about ripping her open that I haven't bothered doing it again. It wasn't an improvement over vaginal sex in any case.

wristthickxl: I've blown out condoms several times too but immediately pull out then....am HIV- but I still find it irresponsible to do otherwise...though twice, once with a guy in Toronto and a super hot French guy in Sitges, I just kept fucking (both knew the condom had broken) .....probably wasn't the best thing to do but I told them the condom had broken and we were going at it so hot and heavy - both were one of only a handful of guys in my life who could take everything I had to offer and with hard thrusts - that I just kept it up....a very hot memory...

davegoodie: yes I have broken a few condoms - especially before I discovered Magnum XLs GI would use Okeidos, which condomania assured me were much thicker than Durex or Mates,but still broke a few - much to the consternation of my female companions. Now the Magnums are a tight fit, but at least I can get them on.
Damn shame I have to import them from the USA because you can't buy them here (England)