Coronavirus Covid-19

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has the COVID-19 pandemic peaked?

Hello Nature readers,
Today we explore whether the COVID-19 pandemic has peaked, learn that Mars’s core is half the size of Earth’s and delve into the climate records discovered in Hawaiian-language newspapers.

Multiple teams of researchers have used human stem cells to create artificial blastocysts like this one. (UT Southwestern)
Cells mimic embryo’s earliest stage yet
Scientists have used human stem cells to mimic the earliest stage yet of embryo growth. Multiple research groups independently report that they grew balls of cells that look like human blastocysts, which form about 4 days after an egg is fertilized by sperm. These experiments offer a window into a crucial time in human development and an opportunity to better understand pregnancy loss and infertility without experimenting on human embryos.

Nature | 6 min read

CNN | 5 min read
Reference: Frontiers in Microbiology paper
COVID-19 coronavirus update

Mask-clad Singaporeans gather on the eve of Lunar New Year last month. Singapore has been more successful than many other regions at controlling outbreaks of COVID-19. (Maverick Asio/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty)
Has the pandemic peaked?
Global COVID-19 cases have fallen significantly since they peaked in early January. Scientists are asking whether this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic. It’s too soon to be sure — especially with the rise of new variants that threaten to circumvent vaccines. There are also many places that are still vulnerable because rates of immunity, either through vaccination or infection, are low. And the global trend does not reveal the true scale of infection in some parts of the world.

Nature | 7 min read

Next wave of vaccines tackle global needs
The next wave of vaccine developers are striking deals with producers and institutes in low- and middle-income countries. They are working on vaccines that combat fast-spreading variants, that are stable outside the fridge and that can be self-administered or more easily given. Nature Biotechnology enumerates these up-and-coming contenders and explores how they work.

Nature Biotechnology | 10 min read (thanks to everyone who let us know that that a glitch prevented some of you from reading this article in yesterday’s Briefing)

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Global COVID-19 cases have fallen significantly since they peaked in early January. Scientists are asking whether this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic.
Have a look at the financial times data on covid cases and deaths, for France. available at Coronavirus chart: see how your country compares | Free to read | Financial Times

Its very interesting. France right now has a steadily increasing number of cases, which has been rising quite steadily for two and a half months. Before that it had a big spike of cases, which then fell to a minimum.

If you now look at the deaths, you see a spike from the early big spike of cases, which drops off as you would expect tracking the cases, and then starts to rise again. But then it stops rising! Deaths in france are now about half what you would have expected. Cases going up, deaths going down.

At the time this drop in deaths occurred, maybe only 2 million people in france had had a vaccine in time for it have an effect.

Just 2 million vaccinations halved their death rate. Population 60 million. game over.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tell ya what. If any of you can PROVE to me that the vaccine manufacturers have been doing their safety tests on all of their vaccines as required by law for the last 32 years and show me these tests from the Department of Health and Human Services to which the vaccine makers are required to report them to, I will go out and purchase a covid shot. This INCLUDES all covid vaccines. Seriously. If you can prove it, I'll do it.

This is NOT payable for trying. You have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt like you're trying to convince the Supreme Court your case is valid.

Only catch is, you have until June 1st.

GO

D

deleted848353

Tell ya what. If any of you can PROVE to me that the vaccine manufacturers have been doing their safety tests on all of their vaccines as required by law for the last 32 years and show me these tests from the Department of Health and Human Services to which the vaccine makers are required to report them to, I will go out and purchase a covid shot. This INCLUDES all covid vaccines. Seriously. If you can prove it, I'll do it.

This is NOT payable for trying. You have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt like you're trying to convince the Supreme Court your case is valid.

Only catch is, you have until June 1st.

GO
You sound like one of those selfish antivaxxers tbh

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You sound like one of those selfish antivaxxers tbh

Well see, that's where you're wrong. (How does it feel knowing you're wrong?) I would be all for them and happily take them if anyone can prove to me that they are safe and actually work. But when the vaccine manufacturers clearly state in the little inserts that come with their vaccines that they are not tested for safety or efficacy, I'm smart enough to take the clue.

If you truly cared about people like you want everyone here to think you do, you would have hopped onto my challenge to find the evidence I've been looking for for years, in a valiant effort to help myself and others improve our health, or not have said anything at all.

Instead, you call me names and try to virtue signal to everyone that you're superior, which comes off as arrogant and selfish.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This attitude by the conspiracy and "freedom" brigade in this forum is why I feel so relived both my wife and I were finally able to qualify for and get the first shot. It will be so liberating no longer having to stress out over avoiding selfish assholes like you all and you will be free to ride that Trump Train straight off the rails to your black heart's content. After everyone with more than two brains cells to rub together are fully vaccinated, feel free to bath in Covid and smear it all over your face and I hope you aren't offended (not really) when I say I will happily piss on your grave in the same spirit of human dignity you have shown others all throughout the pandemic.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
After everyone with more than two brains cells to rub together are fully vaccinated
Most people have always been safe from covid. 95%+, maybe 99%+. In particular the young as your risk goes up x2 every 6 years older you are. So thats more than x1000 more risk old than young. And then only 0.1% have died in any one outbreak, bearing in mind we are now into the second season of covid and it is an annually recurring disease. It will naturally die out, hard to tell where we are on that sans any vaccines at all.

Had we nothing whatver about covid it would be over by now and there would have been minimal economic impact, because it mostly affects pensioners. Not saying that is what we should have done, just observing the economic impact is entirely because of our intervention. Intervention has also made this last longer, which has caused its own deaths. Deaths because of poverty now and in the future, death because it has crowded out other medical treatment, deaths because the longer it goes on , the more high risk people who could have survived by shielding had a longer and longer time in which something would happen and they catch it.

Hospitals and care homes have been a hotbed of infecting new people, especially those already old or sick so they are at big risk.

We know something like 30-50% of people had functinal immunity which worked against covid before it began. Probably not perfect, but enough to reduce its impact. by now a lot more are already immune from catching it. Impossible to tell how many, because we have no idea how many people have had it already from testing which has always been too little too late (and still is), because no one has done proper mass antibody testing, because we generate more t cell immunity than antibody but that cannot be mass tested at all.

It seems likely the first wave died out because enough people became immune to it. Now covid has mutated and come round again. Partly because it has changed, and partly because immunity fades fast. the nature of it, breathed in, straight into lung cells, breathed out, means it is a moving target for the immune system. This is likely why we will not eradicate it, so dont think we will.

Player_01

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Operation Warp Speed, the private-public partnership initiated by the White House during the pandemic, may give the impression the COVID-19 vaccine developed overnight, but in actuality, it depends on research dating back nearly 100 years. "
edward jenner in 1796 deliberately infected a boy with cow pox in order to protect him from smallpox, and vaccination was born. (ie literally treating with cow stuff). its the same principle that someone infected with a different corona virus and becoming immune to it also protects you from covid. We have all been exposed to other corona viruses in the past, though particularly the far east has had some different ones which probably protected them more than europe and the US.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Got into an online argument with a Facebook friend because she is annoyed that even though both she and her mother received the full Covid vaccine, she needs to provide a negative Covid test in order to visit her mother in the nursing home. The FB friend doesn't seem to understand that even if you get the vaccine, you could still be a carrier and need to take precautions. "But the CDC said if you've both had the shot, you don't have to wear masks and can meet together. LIARS!" Tried to explain that yes, that is true - if you're gathering in a residence or other small location with a small group of people who are all known to be negative and/or have been vaccinated. Not visiting a nursing home whose residents might have compromised immunity systems to begin with. Even sent the friend the CDC page which basically reads "After You've Been Vaccinated - What Now?" but they're still not getting it. :mask:

Reactions: Player_01

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Glad to finally see this especially since useless methods distract from the actual valid ways to mitigate the virus.

End the hygiene theater, CDC says

Although I still will continue cleaning everything in the gym before using not only because of all the maskless slobs there, but I did it before Covid anyway.

Just wish the article went further and included temperature checks within the guise of hygiene theater as well since there is almost zero proof they have prevented the spread and only serve as an unnecessary rallying point for the idiotic "freedom" crowd.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just wish the article went further and included temperature checks within the guise of hygiene theater as well since there is almost zero proof they have prevented the spread and only serve as an unnecessary rallying point for the idiotic "freedom" crowd.
You make an important point, that measures which accomplish nothing simply annoy people. Sweden started off trying to only impose restrictions which were actually useful. Which does not include a general lockdown. All that has accomplished anywhwere is to slow the progress of the disease, which gets there in the end anyway. It just takes longer causing more disruption and at more cost.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BEST OF EVERYTHING
all those suffering
cant help feeling
'ASLL COUNTRIES well most,there leaders,are allb seeking personal glory,by trying to find there own miracle soution,individually,rather than WW collectively
makes me sickk,and mad,if tyhats the case
seems bloody obvious.evident

no agical cures going to happen
we as in humankind,are not that clever
bring on the Aliens,to protect and save us
i said haha

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
EU inspectors to take a close look at Russia's Sputnik V
EU medical inspectors are heading to Russia to evaluate the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine. But will their work clear up doubts surrounding the jab?

Russia was quick to bring its Sputnik V vaccine to market but will Europeans trust it?

Officials from the European Medicines Agency will soon travel to Russia to evaluate the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine. "An inspection of a manufacturing site is a normal step in the context of the evaluation of any marketing authorization application in the EU," according to the agency. "EMA has a legal obligation to verify that manufacturers of medicinal products for which a marketing authorization is sought in the EU, comply with good manufacturing practice (GMP)."

The EMA's director, Emer Cooke, announced the inspection of manufacturing sites in March. She said officials would also visit clinics that had tested the vaccine in order to verify compliance with good clinical practice.

"Clinical trials supporting EU marketing authorization should comply with GCP, an international ethical and scientific quality standard for designing, recording and reporting trials in humans. Compliance with this standard provides assurance that the rights, safety and well-being of trial participants are protected and that clinical-trial data are credible," according to EMA.

The agency says it will not publish the results of its inspections until the entire evaluation process for approval has been completed. Though the agency would not say when exactly inspectors would travel, Russian authorities have cited April 10 as the date.

GOOD NEWS,i think
lets hope something positive re global co-operation comes of this

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and

the Aussies are shitting themselves with all there bullshit,orf doing well,and getting things done

state governments stuffed themm around,for over a year
now
the federal govts,doing the same

now,its proven,they have a real fucked vaccination NON not happening

liars

liars

LIARS