MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Long ago I human window shopped OkCupid cuz insomnia. I don't use dating apps. The reposts I've seen on boards/blogs lead to think avoidance was a good idea.

Reactions: g0nz0

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There just isn’t an alternative now really :(

That is true. Cooties2020 has knocked everybody's game off kilter.

I guess a bit of humor always good. Nerding is a pull for me. Anything pointing out how very anti-Trump a dude is.

Message with a match getting cold shouldered. Anything blatantly sexual. Messages under four words. Unless those words involved Doctor Who or SPN. Anything with a form mail vibe.

If the background is visible make sure it's clean. Mirrors, always clean the mirror.

igloolamp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is true. Cooties2020 has knocked everybody's game off kilter.

I guess a bit of humor always good. Nerding is a pull for me. Anything pointing out how very anti-Trump a dude is.

Message with a match getting cold shouldered. Anything blatantly sexual. Messages under four words. Unless those words involved Doctor Who or SPN. Anything with a form mail vibe.

If the background is visible make sure it's clean. Mirrors, always clean the mirror.
Hate trump and I’m nerdy lol. Mirrors are clean lol and my messages aren’t sexual and genuinely ask questions but I guess not good ones lol

Reactions: Hrnyrunner

I think you're asking the wrong audience here. Most of the regulars are coupled and/or not in your demographic. What makes a 40-50 something swipe is very different than what would make a early 20s swipe.

I'm the opposite as ML when it comes to politics. Any reference to politics in a profile will earn a swipe left.

I DO think that kindness and sense of humor are a universal right-pull.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
When I went though dating site hell, I always wondered why men had photos with a woman obviously cropped out. Pix of kids made me wonder, too.
Anyone looking for a hook up was a No.
personally, gaming. BUT, I appreciated the warning. I had filter out language. I was clear about my politics, my culture, faith, music likes. I even had a bit about how I don’t shave my pits.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tindr is a hook up app. No swiping for me!

And lurker is right - you might be talking to the wrong age group here. What interests a mature woman isn’t necessarily what interests a woman in her twenties. If I can recall that far back, I think I was more interested in fun guys. Funny, smart, quirky guys. I mean I still like that, but if I was looking, I’m also looking for a real grownup. Can take care of himself physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially etc.

In my single era?

Polite
Uses full words/not shit like "u"
Nerdy/into video games
Doesn't have pictures with a nasty unflushed toilet in the background or similar
Self-sufficient
Reads books
Ethics/politics/etc do not clash horribly, but honestly I would rather not talk politics 1st date...

I will not reply if it seems I am one of dozens that a message has been thrown at. I will not reply if I sense in any way that they are a cheater/in a monogamous relationship. I will not reply if they are creepy. I will not reply if they are an entitled jerk.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am ever so thankful to have dated in the stone ages before technology got involved. We just went into a bar, and whoever bought us the most drinks we went home with.

No, just kidding. We just cherry-picked from those wearing size 11 shoes.

No, still kidding. We just met someone somewhere and realized we want to meet again. And we'd meet again, and sometimes again again.

I am pretty much app stupid when it comes to swiping right. It took months before I knew what that meant. It's bad when you're daughter has to explain it to you.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So I'm in my early 30s and am definitely more brutal in terms of swiping left than I was even a few years ago. I'm voluntarily celibate until in a relationship, have been single for over a year and haven't been on a date because I haven't found anyone worthy of my time and effort yet.

Typical red flags that earn a swipe left for me include:
- shirtless pics
- underwear pics
- gym selfies
- pics with exes
- pics with promo girls or too many women in general
- when I have to figure out who the guy actually is because he has no photos by himself
- he's clearly after a hookup
- references to his ex in his profile
- polyamorous
- no profile pic
- doesn't exercise
- does drugs or smokes
- recently single (indicates he's on the rebound or not after anything serious)
- misogynistic talk or says "no feminists"
- says they won't date a vegan (I'm vegetarian so would feel judged)
- right winged
- racist comments
- seems too religious
- gives off a douche or player vibe
- too thirsty
- no job or a shit job (I work hard and have a successful career, I don't want to support someone else and need someone ambitious with goals. Also, experience shows that men like this generally feel threatened by me and will put me down about my job because of that).

I won't respond to a message if any of the above become apparent in the guys message. Or he just seems like a flat out douche. I also hate the question "why are you single?"

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In my single era?

Polite
Uses full words/not shit like "u"
Nerdy/into video games
Doesn't have pictures with a nasty unflushed toilet in the background or similar
Self-sufficient
Reads books
Ethics/politics/etc do not clash horribly, but honestly I would rather not talk politics 1st date...

I will not reply if it seems I am one of dozens that a message has been thrown at. I will not reply if I sense in any way that they are a cheater/in a monogamous relationship. I will not reply if they are creepy. I will not reply if they are an entitled jerk.
This too!