Dc / Dmv Gyms

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Agreed -- I wouldn't equate the Korean Spa experience to the bath house experience. Rather primarily for exhibition, eye candy, potential hand jobs or blowjobs, and making connections for later, which works well because they are truly relaxing too.
Thanks @51arledge and @Dravus — only public baths I’ve been to are the Russian baths in NY’s lower east side but the men there were not attractive to me.

From both of your comments, I can imagine the SpaWorld scene migrating over to KingSpa because of the renovated space. What kind of guys go to SpaWorld? Age range, body types, etc?

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks @51arledge and @Dravus — only public baths I’ve been to are the Russian baths in NY’s lower east side but the men there were not attractive to me.

From both of your comments, I can imagine the SpaWorld scene migrating over to KingSpa because of the renovated space. What kind of guys go to SpaWorld? Age range, body types, etc?

Huge mix. I often went weekend mornings and slowly saw it go from the morning families to hung Eastern europeans to the post brunch gays in the afternoon. Definitely all the range of body types and ages and ethnicity , usually always some eye candy. Always appreciated the diversity

I think SpaWorld has the reputation but maybe KingSpa will take over. It'll take time though and a lot depends on how the layout will be

Reactions: 51arledge

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Huge mix. I often went weekend mornings and slowly saw it go from the morning families to hung Eastern europeans to the post brunch gays in the afternoon. Definitely all the range of body types and ages and ethnicity , usually always some eye candy. Always appreciated the diversity

I think SpaWorld has the reputation but maybe KingSpa will take over. It'll take time though and a lot depends on how the layout will be
Post-brunch scene might be more my flavor. Hard pass on family-time at spas.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yeah, I've seen a huge range of body types and ethnicities at SpaWorld: everything from 18 year old thinks to muscled military guys, to the post- brunch crowd early Sunday afternoon, black guys from DC in a group, lone country dudes from the sticks, muscled guys from the gyms, and early on Saturdays Korean dads with their sons in tow.

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah you go in the morning to get your actual relaxation in and enjoy the amenities haha then around noon the DC crowd starts showing up
This KingSpa place is almost an hour outside of DC so it’s definitely a destination. Gyms in the district will be the only closer option?

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
This KingSpa place is almost an hour outside of DC so it’s definitely a destination. Gyms in the district will be the only closer option?

Yeah both SpaWorld and eventually KingSpa when it opens are not super close to DC (especially if you live closer to Maryland). But they are the only Korean Spas in the area, which is why SpaWorld regularly attracts people from DC. Have seen quite a few professional athletes there haha

Reactions: AgHarley

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Went to V!DA on U after work today and hit the Steam room after class, which is open again. Zero chance there’s gonna be any action in there, though. There was a lady in there with her spa towel on.

Note to self: co-Ed sauna/steam is a buzz kill for gym adventures.

Unless I haven’t found the right time window, but even still, all we need is a woman come up in there and get upset with management if she sees/hears/suspect anything. Same goes for male prudes, but less of a chance with them.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has anyone been to the Crew Club before the pandemic? I just found out about this place.

Inside Crew Club, the District's only gay bathhouse

I went there several times before the pandemic. It was a lot of fun!

The steam room was a bit of a maze with lots of nooks and benches. The long open urinal that looked into the gang shower was a good place for "sight-seeing". There were several slings set up in another public room, and then dozens of private rooms for the more intimate moments.

I had several "firsts" happen for me at The Crew Club.
Last I heard, they are not going to re-open.

Reactions: blazing807

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I went there several times before the pandemic. It was a lot of fun!

The steam room was a bit of a maze with lots of nooks and benches. The long open urinal that looked into the gang shower was a good place for "sight-seeing". There were several slings set up in another public room, and then dozens of private rooms for the more intimate moments.

I had several "firsts" happen for me at The Crew Club.
Last I heard, they are not going to re-open.
What was the crowd like?

Sal1989

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I heard great stories from crew club during the pandemic. That’s when I found out about it. 32 here latino. I go to Onelife in Brambelton. I’m 5 minutes away from King Spa. Hopefully it opens soon. I know a lot of daddies will frequent that place. Especially military/cop muscle dads. SpaWorld you definitely go for the eye candy and relaxation. Kind of hard to get fucked or even get a BJ. There was the the lookout guy always coming in when it was crowded. Especially at night. Buzzkill.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What was the crowd like?

It was always a very diverse crowd across all ages and races: from 18 year old white twins, mid-20s Latin guys, 30 year old white office guys, 30-40 black muscled studs, 50s suburban dad's, 40 year old European muscle gods (yeah, he wanted to show his body, loved being worshipped but never got hard), 60 year old retired military, I forgot to add 30 year old Navy and Army lads.
Tuesdays were half-priced entry fees and rooms.
On a slow night it could be boring, but when it was busy you could get a BJ in the steam room and have 5 or more guys feeling you all over and cheering you on!

Reactions: mlo295 and AgHarley

niceandthick

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is a new all male Boutique Health Club and Bathhouse being developed in Baltimore. It was initially targeted to open in 2021, but COVID (among other things) have delayed it's development. Scheduled to open some time on 2022.

Wonderland Sauna | Baltimore Washington DC

Also: https://www.facebook.com/wonderlandsauna/, https://www.instagram.com/wonderlandsauna/?hl=en, https://twitter.com/wonderlandsauna?lang=en

==

Luxury communal bathhouse/spa experience opening late 2022.

Wonderland Sauna will be a boutique health club – bathhouse located in downtown Baltimore, Maryland.

Created to be a niche, 24-hour destination attraction for tourists and customers from Baltimore, Washington, DC and the surrounding local communities in the neighboring states of Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Encompassing over 28,000SF, this boutique health club is not a replacement for a traditional gym membership. This is a destination health club that smashes fitness, spa leisure and chic social club vibes into one space.

Relax in an assortment of lavish, hi-tech amenities such as weight room with luxury free-weight and cardio equipment, a massive hydrotherapy spa pool with pressure jets and water features, aromatherapy sauna & steam rooms, chic hotel styled bar-lounge and more!

mlo295

Sexy Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
There is a new all male Boutique Health Club and Bathhouse being developed in Baltimore. It was initially targeted to open in 2021, but COVID (among other things) have delayed it's development. Scheduled to open some time on 2022.

Wonderland Sauna | Baltimore Washington DC

Also: https://www.facebook.com/wonderlandsauna/, https://www.instagram.com/wonderlandsauna/?hl=en, https://twitter.com/wonderlandsauna?lang=en

==

Luxury communal bathhouse/spa experience opening late 2022.

Wonderland Sauna will be a boutique health club – bathhouse located in downtown Baltimore, Maryland.

Created to be a niche, 24-hour destination attraction for tourists and customers from Baltimore, Washington, DC and the surrounding local communities in the neighboring states of Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Encompassing over 28,000SF, this boutique health club is not a replacement for a traditional gym membership. This is a destination health club that smashes fitness, spa leisure and chic social club vibes into one space.

Relax in an assortment of lavish, hi-tech amenities such as weight room with luxury free-weight and cardio equipment, a massive hydrotherapy spa pool with pressure jets and water features, aromatherapy sauna & steam rooms, chic hotel styled bar-lounge and more!

Wow, can't wait!! It will be a destination for me for sure, an hour away...