Denzel Chisolm

Denzel Chisolm on Instagram: "I came out to my mom last year, April 10th 2020. I’ve wanted to let her Into my life in that way for years. Visiting home at times felt dishonest. There was a beautiful part of me that I was not sharing with my family. Even now, this will be the moment where some see this. Throughout the last couple of years I was preparing myself. The only thing that was blocking me from really being free was her not knowing. I didn’t know how she would take the news. I had to be ok with the possibility of things going differently than i would have liked. There’s a lot of expectation growing up in a black household. Anyway, the moment was so beautiful. We cried together. We hugged. It felt like a movie. Soon as the words came out of my mouth, I felt this incredible weight come off of me. I felt like I could fly. I don’t even know why I had doubts of anything different. I was shook but also just tired of holding back. No matter the outcome I was just ready to fly. I learned and am still learning a lot about my community. I commend everyone walking and living in their truth. I admire that. I told myself I would do the same. I feel the most alive when I’m dancing, and I want to feel that at all times. If you are struggling with this, its ok. Go at your own pace. You are loved. You are seen. You are beautiful. This world can be nuts, so I understand. Not everyone deserves all parts of you, but you definitely deserve a beautiful life. @lisalovely7 I love you so much and I thank you for everything. Thank you to my friends and fam who have been my support system. 📷 @photo_tatianakatkova #nationalcomingoutday"

Reactions: Elijah2178