Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?

colin20

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Do all the men in you family share the same circumcison status? That is are you all either cut or all uncut? Or is there a mixture of cut and uncut?

If you're all uncut, was it ever talked about why there was a family tradition of keeping the men intact? Or if there was a mixture, was the difference ever explained?

My brother and father are both circumcised, well as the few male cousins and one paternal uncle I have seen. Reportedly my paternal grandfather is uncircumcised (a physician) and my maternal grandfather was circumcised during WWII. My mother mentioned circumcision once growing up when we were watching some sort of National Geographic show on Africa. My stepbrother was under the impression that one needed to be circumcised in order to pee and couldn't understand how they could wait until puberty to circumcise in some African cultures. My mother explained and then mentioned that our grandfather was uncircumcised.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I know that my grandfathers were uncut (as am I, no brothers). As for uncles and male cousins, I don't know because, as the result of a family argument between my three uncles and my father (the youngest brother) and grandfather, we haven't had anything to do with them for years. I used to think that my father was circumcised (certainly as a kid I remember seeing him when we were peeing, with an uncovered glans - but, of course, as I now realise, some guys pull back their foreskins when peeing) but it's been many years since I last saw his penis, so I'm really not sure. It's not the sort of subject that we'd have a conversation about. I do sometimes wonder - I would have thought that if he was uncut and pulled back his foreskin when peeing then he would have taught me, as a kid, to do the same, which makes me suspect that my original suspicions might be correct and that he might be circumcised.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm the youngest of 10, 7 brothers and I'm the only one to have fallen under the knife. So much for wanting to look the same as your brothers. I'm begining to think that the torment of my older sister telling me I was adopted is true! lol

hrconsulttex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have no brothers. I'm (unfortunately) circumcised, as is Dad. My maternal grandfather was uncut most of his life, but was cut in his late 60s/early 70s. I'm not sure exactly why. I have only one or two memories of urinating with my fraternal grandfather when I was very young, but from those I think he was cut, but can't be totally sure. He was born in 1899 and died when I was nine, so I don't have a lot of memories of him to know for sure. I have seen several male cousins naked when we were young at my aunt's house (they had a pool and had the whole family over every summer for a reunion/swimming party) and they were all cut.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a word--No.

One brother was snippelated the rest of us were not. Of course years later I nearly lopped off everything in a car wreck--bad eyesight (my eyes were closed) caused me to instead get the leg lopped off (it's a mistake anyone could make). One son is, one is not. They are products of seperate marriages and the one wife never cared for me so she took it out on our son.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In a word--No.

One brother was snippelated the rest of us were not. Of course years later I nearly lopped off everything in a car wreck--bad eyesight (my eyes were closed) caused me to instead get the leg lopped off (it's a mistake anyone could make). One son is, one is not. They are products of seperate marriages and the one wife never cared for me so she took it out on our son.

Wow, it's aweful that your ex took it out on your son. . . .

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, it's aweful that your ex took it out on your son. . . .
It was perhaps worse for our son. This was done a full year after we were fully divorced and she had sole custody--I lost even visitation because of my being a queer. At the time my son was 3 years old--he looked me up and found me when he reached legal age (mercifully I was listed on his birth certificate), apparently she even told him I was the reason she had him circumcised. I have not seen her or heard from her since the divorce (thank God for some blessings:smile: ). Jimmy on the other hand, grew up a fine young man and has been extemely kind towards me.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not cut, my older brother is, and my dad and uncle are not. As far as I know my brother is the only one who has been circumsized but I don't know about my other uncles or cousins either.

Reactions: elbinho76