Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m noting you said girls.
So, high school? Who cares what their view of aging is?
And the person was probably 27.

I get mis aged, but I don’t wear make up, so people think I’m younger, because if I really was weeks shy of 50, wouldn’t I be piling it on?
You wear less as you get older, otherwise it creases. A light hand is the trick as you age.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm going to go against the grain and say I like looking younger than my age I enjoy it the compliments when people think I'm in my twenties when I'm really almost 40 it's flattering whether it comes from a female or a male or my grandma or my kid or anyone else. I don't hear it often from men cuz I really could give two s**** what men think about what I look like I look like how I do for me and often times to attract other women and also to look good for my husband. I have good skin I work hard to take care of it but some people just don't have as good a skin as others it's just the way it is. You can change your aging progression by taking better care of your skin the number one thing you can do is moisturize you don't need a $500 cream to moisturize your face you can pick something like Olay or anything like that at the grocery store or Walmart and you'll do just fine. I probably will end up getting a facelift later in life why not because I feel bad about the way I look but because I want to see a Flawless face in the mirror which is what I aim for every time I do my makeup. I always want to look younger for my age so when I'm 93 if someone thinks that I'm 83 that will make me happy but I don't have to look 25 for the rest of my life I just want to look good for my age because it shows that I've taken care of myself. My mom who has six sisters all of which look very very old for their age and have severe wrinkling of their face due to smoking cigarettes for many decades my mom is a non-smoker and moisturizes her face all the time she's almost 70 and hardly has a wrinkle on her face she wouldn't even qualify for a facelift there's not enough wrinkles there so maybe I just got good genetics. Women should do what they want to do regardless of what anybody thinks about it a man a woman somebody at the fair f*** them do what you want how you want to do it and nobody has to know why and you don't have to owe anybody an explanation.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m not gonna to argue. I like looking like I’m still in my forties. I’m not sure what the fifties and sixties are supposed to look like anymore. I’m not caving in that’s for sure, but I sure the hell have better things to spend my money on than magic creams!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I spend 25 bucks on my face cream that lasts me months. I'm not afraid of what my age looks like or what I'll look like in 10 years if I just go by the way my mother and grandmother aged then I'm going to do pretty well but I'm just the kind of person who cares a lot about what my face looks like maybe even to an obsessive degree luckily I don't have money for plastic surgery because in the past I probably would have done a lot of work to my body to make it what I would call Perfect. But that's not really realistic. My daughter who is almost 17 gets mistaken as a 5th grader all the time because she's so short petite and has a very very youthful face so I know she's going to look young well into her years too

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This it is what I use I like the rosy color because it brings color to my really really pale face I think it works wonderfully it's got some great ingredients that help with the skin and sloughing off of old dead skin cells as well it's wonderful you don't even have to wear makeup that day if you just want to put the cream on I bought it at Walmart for $20 they still carry it and at Walgreens I think it was $25 so roughly it's under $30 on average you can put on as little or as much as you want. Since my mom is a face moisturizing Queen I bought her one for her birthday and she loves it to anyway I'm not trying to sell products as much as I'm trying to tell you that there are great products out there that aren't very pricey at all. I learned a lot about skin when I went to cosmetology school to be an esthetician I end up pissing off a lot of people by finding lower-priced prop products and we used to do things at home like exfoliation and what not on the cheap

Attachments

I'm going to go against the grain and say I like looking younger than my age I enjoy it the compliments when people think I'm in my twenties when I'm really almost 40 it's flattering whether it comes from a female or a male or my grandma or my kid or anyone else.
I'm with you sister. One of my besties is a few months younger than me. We were out Fri night and a girl who is 12 years younger than us INSISTED she was older and totally didn't believe us when we gave our age Those compliments are better than one from a guy.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I’m noting you said girls.
So, high school? Who cares what their view of aging is?
And the person was probably 27.

I get mis aged, but I don’t wear make up, so people think I’m younger, because if I really was weeks shy of 50, wouldn’t I be piling it on?

I guess I used the the term girls because these young ladies were in their 20s, and I'm a couple years shy of 50 myself, so all ladies in their 20s seem like it's ok to call them girls to me. If I could have been their mother had I chosen to procreate in my early 20s, they are girls. And I don't pile on the makeup either, never will. 95% days au naturel.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoaringSpirit

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I guess I'm the only make up whore around here. Lol

The thing that drives me nuts about the young girls and makeup today is that they do a nighttime look during the day and they look like they're wearing way too much makeup

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

The thing that drives me nuts about the young girls and makeup today is that they do a nighttime look during the day and they look like they're wearing way too much makeup

You are so good with it! Very artful. I missed the day they were handing out that gene :)

And I agree, I feel like I do see a lot of younger folks wearing a ton of makeup, badly.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You are so good with it! Very artful. I missed the day they were handing out that gene :)

And I agree, I feel like I do see a lot of younger folks wearing a ton of makeup, badly.
YouTube makeup tutorials ruined everything while they bring out some pretty amazing makeup artist skills these girls are just going out and their everyday life no going nowhere with the full face of prom makeup on like there in a pageant it looks terrible even if the cat eye is done correctly or whatever this brow craze that's going on has me losing my mind this heavy brow way colored in it's a bit like like an old black-and-white Dracula film eyebrows

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
And don't even get me started on this contouring praise I'm all for contouring but it has to be subtle when you put so much makeup on it clogs the pores and these people who were doing these real sharp contour lines if you look carefully under the right lighting they have severe acne underneath where they apply layer after layer of primer foundation and then contour and then powder and then a setting spray their putting way too much on their skin and it's ruining their complexion

Reactions: 286798 and Enid

I'll add a further thought. I acknowledged I'm comparatively young to some of the people here in my initial response. Pointing out some people are "younger and it's easier" is all well and good, but not really something I think applies to me. I've had people telling me for decades that I will change my mind about wanting a family too. No, no the hell I don't. I've been very up close and personal with ageing people due to care giving work I've done, both paid and volunteer.

I know that given my ethnic background I will likely look youthful probably into my 60s at least, which is genuinely whatever. People age and die and I've been very aware of human frailty and my own mortality door a long time. I don't care that I will get wrinkles, that my skin won't be as perky, that my hair will change colors, etc. Some people do know their own minds, youthful compared to some others or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joll and Enid

I like make-up a lot. I want all of the pretty colors and I enjoy watching skillful people apply it or seeing people with a well done face. I just don't tend to bother actually wearing it very often.

Reactions: Enid

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am envious of your complexion at times. You're so lovely, and I really like how you do your brows :D I see too many huge, blocky, heavy ass eye brows

Thanks doll I do have a pretty good complexion cuz I wash it with antimicrobial soap I have an extreme fear of germs and I try not to get any pimples cuz I'm really bad about picking my skin if there's anything to be picked on so it works to keep me from doing that. As for the eyebrows I use a hot pink eyeshadow and an angle brush and just feather the powder into my natural eyebrows sometimes I make them just a little bit larger because my regular eyebrows are so thin from over plucking a couple decades ago

Reactions: 693987

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thanks doll I do have a pretty good complexion cuz I wash it with antimicrobial soap I have an extreme fear of germs and I try not to get any pimples cuz I'm really bad about picking my skin if there's anything to be picked on so it works to keep me from doing that. As for the eyebrows I use a hot pink eyeshadow and an angle brush and just feather the powder into my natural eyebrows sometimes I make them just a little bit larger because my regular eyebrows are so thin from over plucking a couple decades ago
And I apologize for words like cuz cuz I say because but my phone hears it is cuz it makes me type like it bonics I apologize it's not because I can't type properly I choose to type not at all and speak instead my eyesight just isn't what it used to be

I've noticed since I started using a retinol cream that my skin tone is more even, so yay for that. I always have had one cheek that was more flushed than the other and it irked me. I tend to not mess with my eyebrows much. They have a shape I already like, thankfully and somewhat unsurprisingly they're what tends to be more popular by Asian beauty standards with minimal effort.

Eventually I want to get my skin care/skin health to where I have the honey/glass Korean beauty thing going on. I'm mostly there for some parts of my face but not all of it. Yet. I literally just yesterday was noticing how my skin has a glow to it when completely bare, fresh out of the shower.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few years ago a magazine did a spread on "new" home builders/designers in North Florida. I was lucky enough to be selected, but they wanted to do one of the shoots on a job site. It's not only extremely rare that I ever wear makeup on the site, I also never come in my office duds.

So, when I arrived in full makeup and business attire it literally made everything stop. Workers wanted to know who I was, and the subs had to ask the general contractor if it was me or a relative.

It was pretty quick that they found out it was me after I snapped at them to get back to work.

One of the masons who was teaching me bricklaying said "you don't look like you. You look better!" Oh, I had some fun at his expense. You mean I don't look good normally? I loved letting him twist in the wind.

SoaringSpirit

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Iced enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. I've always had good skin, lucky to have inherited that from Mom. I always looked younger than my "age"...stopped counting at 24...looked like a teen when in my 20s..

My makeup which I use on occasion now, is good moisturizer...some concealer, mostly my eyes are done up/accentuated.

I can't stand the thick brow look. I used to wear it to work. Now I'm outside a lot & go natural, which I enjoy. I'm at the age & life experience where I'm very comf in my skin, who I am.

No need to impress anyone. Could care less if I look like a carbon copy of anyone. I don't.

I enjoy makeup & dressing up for me...its all in what you are feeling. But when you reach 50 you realize how gentle you have to be with your skin.

We are all works in progress -:)

I love your look Tattooed Goddess. Beautiful radiant skin. I have a great retinol lotion as well. Going to try the Age perfect lotion.

I also use natural soap, Goats milk & lotions. Gentle on the skin.Eat lots of fruit, water, green tea, get lots of fresh air daily.

No I don't need to look 10 years younger. Its great looking younger than your true age. I FEEL young & I'm very happy where I am in life now.