Do we need to look 10 years younger?

I use a rosewater and witch hazel toner and am a huge fan. It doesn't make my skin dry at all, but it does make my skin not feel oily at all and it does feel fresh/refreshed. The brand is Thayer, in case any of y'all are curious. It's one of my skin products that Rem started using too, so we both end up smelling of roses XD

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Colorado Springs (Colorado, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I went to the fair yesterday and my friends and took in the expo. One of them decided to try out a demo of skin care products. It more of an excuse to sit down.

So products applied. Bags under the eyes miraculously disappeared. Ta-da! For the low, low price of $500 you can look 10 years younger!

Wtf?! So I said to the demo lady, “why does she need to look 10 years younger? There’s nothing wrong with the way she looks, or her age.” She hemmed and hawed, then said, “well, the bags make her look tired. Who wants to look tired?” I said, “she is tired! She’s always tired. She works hard.”

So she goes on about how it would cost $5000 for a facelift and this cheaper, blah, blah, blah. None of us is spending five grand on face work. Not when we can travel, or do things with money.

I don’t know. It kind of offended me. I take care of my skin because it’s good for my skin. I look good AT my age, not FOR my age. I’m an “older” woman. So what? I’m not going to be 40 or 45 again. I earned every line in my face. I have worked hard in my life.

I will spend money on skin care that is good for my skin. I love makeup because it’s fun. I colour my hair and get good cuts because I like to look good and professional.

There must have been a dozen beauty booths for women and not one for men. I’m sure men could use the products, but I didn’t see one man being dragged into those chairs. Don’t they care about looking 10 years younger? Probably not so much.

So the question. Most women here are younger than I, but do you care about this? Will you care? Would you fork out $500 for miracle cream? And should I be offended? (Btw, the bags were back in an hour.)

Hello!! Age wise I have you beat, what I’ve learned is this what works for you many not work for me. Yes I would pay $500 for a miracle cream. I just paid $7548.00 too ideal image for cool sculpting. I have to admit lol that was the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. I’ve tried many things, my career has me out in the elements a lot. No one is perfect I take care of my skin and my teeth. I’m very well kept. We all have our priorities I say whatever makes you feel good is worth it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I guess I'm the only make up whore around here. Lol

The thing that drives me nuts about the young girls and makeup today is that they do a nighttime look during the day and they look like they're wearing way too much makeup

Oh, no. You're not the only one. I love makeup. I love bright, ridiculous colors. I love black lipstick and sparkly eyeshadow.

However, I don't wear it everyday. Rarely actually. When I feel like it.

And uh... I totally do "night/club looks" during the day. I give no fucks at all if other people think I look ridiculous. I didn't put it on for them. I did it for one person. Me.

To each their own, I know not everyone likes the way I do my face. They have every right to think it's way too much. I still don't care, tehehe!! :blush:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
But you pull off the look. I'm talking about that young chick with full face and a base line around her jaw line and 8 layers of mascara. Ugh

Sometimes I get comments about how I would "look so much better without all that crap on my face". It makes me giggle, Oh so hard :blush:

Thank you lovely. You know I *always* love the way you make that beautiful face pop. Like I always say, Goddess is an understatement :heart:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do I love makeup,.waxing and hair pretties?

You tell me. Lol

View attachment 1224781

You're so brave keeping it all out in the open! LOL! All of mine is kept behind my lavatory cabinet door. I was tired of answering the same question "what does this one do? Isn't that what this one does?" No, one is for eyes, the other for mouth. Shut up.

Reactions: Tattooed Goddess

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hello!! Age wise I have you beat, what I’ve learned is this what works for you many not work for me. Yes I would pay $500 for a miracle cream. I just paid $7548.00 too ideal image for cool sculpting. I have to admit lol that was the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. I’ve tried many things, my career has me out in the elements a lot. No one is perfect I take care of my skin and my teeth. I’m very well kept. We all have our priorities I say whatever makes you feel good is worth it.
Well, you do you. No judgment here. Aging is hard. The choice you make, I wouldn’t make, but I wouldn’t choices for another woman.

I’m just saying that there’s nothing wrong with our actual ages. There’s nothing wrong with being 50, 60, or 70, etc. I won’t be manipulated by society into spending money into a fantasy when I really am good with who I am. I earned my face. But I still treat her well.

But like you said, we all have our priorities. If you put your money into appearance, who am I to judge? As long as you feel good and you’re doing it for yourself, you go girl! I’m sticking with drugstore products and putting my money into life experiences. That just happens to be my priority. :)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess I'm the only make up whore around here. Lol

The thing that drives me nuts about the young girls and makeup today is that they do a nighttime look during the day and they look like they're wearing way too much makeup
Oh, god no. I love makeup. I hardly wear any daily, but I still love doing full face, lashes - everything on a night out! I can contour, highlight, line and shadow with the best of them! But again, I have to work a little differently on my face now. A little less glitter, not such dark colours, but I still love sitting at my tables with a full set of brushes and colours at my fingertips.

Don’t confuse not spending buckets of money on miracle creams with not liking to look good, or being plain faced. I look very nice, thank you! :cool::grinning:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wee ML wanted to be Drag Queen. I wanted outrageous makeup and fabulous clothes. Of course, heaps of people said: "oh, you confused little girl, that's a beauty pageant, baby."

No. I am a drag queen. *strikes fabulous pose*

I lurve makeup. I beat my punim to the gods. When made up I certainly do not meet the acceptable standards of Western beauty. I go for Cenobite Geshia Chic. Oil Slick Peacocks. Undead Beauty Queens. Ideally, the observer should be terrified and aroused :imp:;):rolleyes:

Wearing anything other than basic t-shirt and jeans is drag to me. I put on gender, and take it off just as easy. Makeup is just a tool to express me. Admittedly a really fun tool.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
All of my beauty accessories and whatnot are the reason that my husband and I could never live in a tiny home I would need a separate tiny home to put all of my goods in in fact I could just turn it into a makeup studio

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All of my beauty accessories and whatnot are the reason that my husband and I could never live in a tiny home I would need a separate tiny home to put all of my goods in in fact I could just turn it into a makeup studio
Ooh, you should get a tiny house for a studio anyway! It would be a Goddess Tiny House! All pink and sweet smelling, full of feminine mysteries. It would be awesome.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Mr. Rouge picked out the green which is the colors Sonic line I like the name of it cuz Sonic is one of my favorite places to go to eat. He let me have dibs on the front door and the accent colors will of course I had to go with a vibrant pink that matched my hair. When friends come over or when people drive by I want people to think wow those people must be really really cool and interesting.

Have you seen our 14-foot 1963 Yellowstone camper painted by yours truly?

Screenshot_20180813-122855.png

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I upholstered them myself

View attachment 1225274

too-cute-gif-4.gif

We need a Camper tour!!

I use a couple of products specifically for acne/blemishes, a retinol cream for making my skin tone more even (I know it does other things too, but that's why I am using it), vitamin C serum, rose water/witch hazel toner, moisturizer, and broad spectrum SPF 50.

Having said all that, this is how my skin looks completely bare. Granted it's a little cranky right now with the humidity and heat compared to my norm. I didn't capture the glow as well as I would have liked but I also was trying to angle the picture so my face wouldn't be identifiable after cropping :p

IMG_20180814_140509.jpg