Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Yes, I know several gay couples - men and women - who have been together for 20 to 25+ years. It's not as uncommon as one would think. They range in age from their mid 50s to their late 70s.

Regardless of a piece of paper that grants people the legal privileges of marriage, people naturally form couples and de facto family units over time.

Last edited:

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many, yes.

Among the first that come to mind: Good friends of mine, gay males, married now, together 27 years. A former colleague and his partner have been together 16. A friend's sister and her partner about 20 and they raised three kids together. My aunt and a former partner lasted nearly 12.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I should qualify, though, that the people I know are concentrated in Boston, or NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, or SF. THere are gay and lesbian couples in smaller cities, yet it is not as frequent as one would find in a larger, more liberal city environment,

In reality, though, one can even go back in one's small town history and probably find examples. Let's take female teachers from the early to mid-20th century ... before women's rights. If women worked, they were probably either nurses or teachers. It was not uncommon for two older (i.e. today's middle-age) women/teachers/nurses to live together both from economic necessity and for emotional security. Some of these ladies were undoubtedly in "Boston" marriages i.e. lesbian marriages...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not talking about 2 to 3 years. I'm talking 10+ years.
:bs2: Of course I do! :irked: I'm a bit insulted by your question to be perfectly honest; and I'm not even gay. :angryfire2: Not all gay men are lisping, man whores. :mad: :aargh4:

One of my very best friends on the planet is a gay man. His lover, husband, and best friend died on March 18, 2008. They had just celebrated their 20th anniversary together in October 2007. He was devastated when Len died and still has some issues with grief and depression.:frown1:

This is what TRUE LOVE looks like. :heart:

Last edited:

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Out of curiosity, why do you ask? :smile:

I didn't want to offend anyone.

I just don't see many commited gay couples on TV or in real life.

Its somthing i just dont see.

i wanted to know which is more common or uncommon.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I didn't want to offend anyone.

I just don't see many commited gay couples on TV or in real life.

Its somthing i just dont see.

i wanted to know which is more common or uncommon.
As opposed to all the commited straight relationships.

How in the world can you be expected to be taken seriously if you mention TV?

And yes I know at least one couple that has been together for between 15 and 20 years

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As opposed to all the commited straight relationships.

How in the world can you be expected to be taken seriously if you mention TV?

And yes I know at least one couple that has been together for between 15 and 20 years

I mean celebrities or famous people in general.

Ellen just got married again, I've always thought of elton john as a bachelor,....ummm... its hard to remember gay celebrities on the spot.

I think Rosie O'donell has been married for 10 years i don't know.

In my young 20 years i've never even met a gay couple.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been with my partner for 6 1/2 years, so it's not long like you want. But i know guy and gal couples who have been together 10, 15 20 and up to 45 years. Since you get your info off the tv, of course you will not get those kinds of numbers; you will in real life. And you being just 20 years old yourself, it makes sense you probably don't know of couple who have been committed for a long time. NJQ446 might be offended, but maybe she's not since you explained. I was sorted offended when I read the question then started reading more about what you were asking. It sorta cracks me up when people think that gays are just a bunch of whores who can't commit. I mean, it's not like there aren't str8 bars for picking up people? right? lol. And at least 50% of str8 marriages end in divorce. Not bashing or anything, just stating. Anyway, if you are an open and understanding person who is cool with diversity, then I'm sure you will make a great friend to some same sex couples some day ... and who knows, they may even become your best friends.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Galaxus, if I were you I'd stop now before you offend anyone else.

If course you don't see gay couples on TV or know of any celebrities that have been in long-term relationships. TV is produced for ma and pa middle-America who would be horrified to see gay couples. And gay celebrities have to keep their private life just that. Besides its no ones business. We would all probably be surprised to know how many celebrities are in long-term gay relationships.

Reactions: SkiCop

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess i sent the wrong impression. I don't think that they are all whores. I think that its hard for any of us to commit.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes I know gay men who have been together for 20+ years.

FYI I did not find the question offensive. I have gay male friends who have been together for 10-15 years and are monogamous and some have kids and will joke that they are more stable than heterosexual couples/families are now. I have a young gay male friend that I told this too and he was very surprised since he's never met any gay men who are in LTRs for that long but a bit part of that is because he does not hang around older homosexuals at all.

Last edited:

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not offended by your question - I think alot has to do where you live and whether or not gayness is an issue - here in south Florida we are much more accepting than many parts of the USA - you know - where all are created = ?!?! -

In our church we have two couples - two men, who are being married tomorrow in MA been together for 46 years; 2 women - been together for 32 years.

I was in relationship - completely one on one for 6 years.

One of the benefits of LPSG is not just the photos and sexual questions but there are many things we all can learn from each other.

No knowledge or ability to change = death!

Keep posting all types of threads!!!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Even the title made me lift a brow, this was not a well worded post. I've known couples that have been together for long periods of time. But I'm fairly young, so my friends haven't been with their partners for more than a few years.