Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The man who owned the business where I worked during college is gay. He's become like a second father to me.

He has a much younger lover (my age). They've been together for over ten years.

Through them I've met many other couples in longterm relationships. However, it's been my observation that this is much more likely among lesbians.

Last edited:
Reactions: lttle1

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Coming up on 19 years with my partner. I have lesbian friends who are at about 9 years. Another gay couple in town is at 6 years, and another at 10 years. I know a single guy who once was in a longterm relationship and is only looking for that now. My ex went on to be in a 7 year relationship, ended only because his partner passed away unexpectedly.

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One of my teachers in 7th grade had been with his partner for many years. And that was 40 years ago. It has been a few years since I have talked to them, but they are still together.

njersey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
where one is most certainly cheating and the other just doesn’t know it.

When the self-reporting rate for infidelity is 20% in men and 13% in women, you can expect that number to be much higher in reality.

The solution is to be more realistic about human behavior and stop trying to force a relationship to conform to some ideal. Just because you love someone and they love you doesn’t mean infidelity doesn’t occur. The reverse is also true.

Just because infidelity occurs, it doesn’t mean a couple doesn’t love each other and isn’t committed.

A lot of gay men, especially young gay men, have this paper doll conception of relationships. They see the facade of heterosexual relationships and want the facade. They jump into “love” because they want the cute toy to prove to themselves they’re wanted.

If you’re having trouble finding commitment, it might be because you aren’t behaving in a way that’s authentic and believable to the other person.

heavy weather

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship? I'm not talking about 2 to 3 years. I'm talking 10+ years.

Yeah, me. I met my husband in 1984 when I was 28 years old. We will celebrate 37 years together in August of this year.

illusionguy

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes, many. I, myself was in a LTR for 20 years. I have friends who have been together for 44 years. Another couple has been together for 38 years. I know others who have been together for over 20 years as well as some, just newbies, lol, who have been together for 5 years or more.

zol27

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reading these replies, most of these couples are old or older. I’m 27 and I don’t know any well adjusted gays my age. Lol

illusionguy

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Reading these replies, most of these couples are old or older. I’m 27 and I don’t know any well adjusted gays my age. Lol
Give them time @zol27. The 2 specific couples i referred to in my post were obviously younger when they started their relationships. The longer couple were 20 and 21 when theirs began and the other couple were 18 and 19 when their relationship began.