Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

farmhand

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some libraries may have the book:
Gean Harwood
It's actually pretty "vintage" by now -- yup, 1997 imprint
also Bruhs Mero and Gean Harwood - Wikipedia
IS a good book !
It was my mother who put me onto the book, but then she of the same time period as Gean, the "stars" for whom he arranged train travel were the heartthrobs known to her, and she lived in NYC nine years [1940~1949], knowing personally sites he mentioned.

Last edited:

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I shared earlier about me and my husband (32-1/2 and counting), but I just remembered our good friends Robert and Jim. They met in the 1950's when Robert was a college student in Tennessee and his Art professor flirted with him! They were together 60+ years, but both died during the past year. There's more longevity in gay relationships than most people know!

Reactions: T_Lurch and MisterB

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Raises hand!

I met my husband on Easter Sunday 1978.

That means we've been together now for 43+ years.

And we still like each other, lol.

Got married in January 2015 in a joint ceremony with Hubby's BFF and his partner, who've been together for 30+ years now.

As @51arledge reminds us "There's more longevity in gay relationships than most people know!"

Ain't that the truth!

T

T_Lurch

Raises hand!

I met my husband on Easter Sunday 1978.

That means we've been together now for 43+ years.

And we still like each other, lol.

Got married in January 2015 in a joint ceremony with Hubby's BFF and his partner, who've been together for 30+ years now.

As @51arledge reminds us "There's more longevity in gay relationships than most people know!"

Ain't that the truth!
You had to wait 37 years to tie the knot though? That is an unfortunate commentary on our society and its mores.

I think the notion that gay people can't commit or stay faithful is an erroneous one; it's based on a heterocentric and biased view. There's plenty on LPSG that refute it.

Congratulations on a long and happy marriage, btw.:)