Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello everyone.

Could you women clarify this for me? I was wondering if gynecologists ever do anal exams during an appointment...

Thanks a lot.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um... No. They do not. Not in my experience.

I believe I'd have a proctologist look at that particular hole if need be.

Thanks, that was what I thought, but I've heard somewhere about this possibility of a gyno doing an anal exam, wasn't sure if it was reliable though.

Could it be considered abuse if a gyno tried that?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Thanks, that was what I thought, but I've heard somewhere about this possibility of a gyno doing an anal exam, wasn't sure if it was reliable though.

If they just randomly started probing my ass, there'd be a BIG problem for sure.

If they told me they needed to for some reason, I'd politely end the appointment and find another doctor.

I'm with TnJ. If there was something wrong with that part of my body, it would not be a gynecologist looking at it. Gyne/gyneco/gyno means relating to women. Colon, gastrointestinal tract, etc are not specific to women.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with TnJ. If there was something wrong with that part of my body, it would not be a gynecologist looking at it. Gyne/gyneco/gyno means relating to women. Colon, gastrointestinal tract, etc are not specific to women.

Following this line, it would not be correct for a gyno to do breasts exams, since we men also have breasts (and even though few people know, we're also in danger of developing breasts cancer)?

I believe gynos do breasts exams everytime, correct me if I am wrong.

Following this line, it would not be correct for a gyno to do breasts exams, since we men also have breasts (and even though few people know, we're also in danger of developing breasts cancer)?

I believe gynos do breasts exams everytime, correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong. Gynecologists do not do breast exams every time you go see them.

Reactions: rtg

But they do it quite often, right? I'm saying it's common, whether anal exams are never done.

No, it isn't quite common for all women. If a woman is under a certain age they typically aren't done with any regularity. If a woman has a family medical history that gives cause for them to be done more often, that's a separate thing.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it isn't quite common for all women. If a woman is under a certain age they typically aren't done with any regularity. If a woman has a family medical history that gives cause for them to be done more often, that's a separate thing.
I'm surprised to hear that, could swear it was done everytime. Just out of curiosity, if there's not breast exam everytime you go there, how does it work? Just some questions about the sexual behavior and then vaginal exam?

As a woman around thirty years of age, who has been in a monogamous relationship for years, with no potential red flags in my family medical history, and generally normal health, it's pretty basic/minimal. Discussing general sexual practices, any health concerns, pelvic exam, palpating the abdomen above where my reproductive organs are, and usually a pap smear.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a woman around thirty years of age, who has been in a monogamous relationship for years, with no potential red flags in my family medical history, and generally normal health, it's pretty basic/minimal. Discussing general sexual practices, any health concerns, pelvic exam, palpating the abdomen above where my reproductive organs are, and usually a pap smear.
Since English is not my first language, when you say "pap smear" you're refering to the check using speculum or to the one in which the gyno uses his/her fingers to press up the utherus and check any possible issues? Or maybe both of them?

I've googled it but couldn't find a definite answer.

Since English is not my first language, when you say "pap smear" you're refering to the check using speculum or to the one in which the gyno uses his/her fingers to press up the utherus and check any possible issues? Or maybe both of them?

I've googled it but couldn't find a definite answer.

Funny, because the first thing that pops up when I Google pap smear after an image from Wikipedia is: http://www.healthline.com/health/pap-smear

"A Pap smear, also called a Pap test, is a screening procedure for cervical cancer."

"During the routine procedure, cells from your cervix are gently scraped away and then examined for abnormal growth."

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny, because the first thing that pops up when I Google pap smear after an image from Wikipedia is: http://www.healthline.com/health/pap-smear

"A Pap smear, also called a Pap test, is a screening procedure for cervical cancer."

"During the routine procedure, cells from your cervix are gently scraped away and then examined for abnormal growth."
Thanks for claryfing, I've checked the images after googling it but couldn't get my question answered, didn't bother to check the main results. No need now since you've been clear as day to answer it; :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

My doctor is also my gynecologist. If I have a complaint that would require palpating or seeing up my rear, and I happened to actually be there for a gynecological exam by coincidence, this is the only exception of which I can think. No way should a gynecologist examine my rectum.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy