Does a gynecologist do anal exams?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually when I googled about this matter, I read some topics where women told about rectam exame being performed by their gynos, these results were in Portuguese (pages of my country, Brazil), that's why I thought it was common, it was like 3 out of 4 girls telling that they've already had rectal touch during their gynos appointments. Maybe I got unlucky to find untrustful results or gynos behavior in Brazil are different than other countries.

Talking about the ultrassound, I understood what you said, but don't you think the pelvic exam became "unnecessary", considering the ultrassound is capable of covering even a larger area and provide a clearer result?
Doc sticks fingers in and finds that my uterus is the size, shape and location she expects. Costs nothing extra. Doc asks a technician to whip out fancy equipment and spend time administering the test, and then someone spends time interpreting the images. Costs a lot extra. Which do you think my insurance company wants?

An ultrasound is for when there is something to see. Not to see if there is something to see.

Reactions: Tattooed Goddess

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ultrasound can not examine individual cells on the cervix (from a pap smear) to determine microscopic changes that can indicate cancer or detect pre cancerous cells.
Thanks for explaining that, that's not an easy information to find randomly on the internet (or maybe I didn't look for it in the correct websites).

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doc sticks fingers in and finds that my uterus is the size, shape and location she expects. Costs nothing extra. Doc asks a technician to whip out fancy equipment and spend time administering the test, and then someone spends time interpreting the images. Costs a lot extra. Which do you think my insurance company wants?

An ultrasound is for when there is something to see. Not to see if there is something to see.
Yeah, considering costs the touch if a lot cheaper than the ultrassound, but isn't it more embarassing to the woman?

You sure focus a lot on embarrassment in your very short time on this site so far o_O

Reactions: rtg

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I stopped being embarrassed when I considered the fact that the doctor sees so many vaginas, he or she will not remember mine. I also realized I was taking good care of myself by going for my regular gynecological exams. It also granted me access to birth control. When I became a grown woman I realized that I was going to have to show my genitals off to a myriad of doctors for yearly exams and prenatal exams and childbirth. You get used to it.

I am practicing good health care by being seen regularly by my doctor. Nothing embarrassing about that.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, considering costs the touch if a lot cheaper than the ultrassound, but isn't it more embarassing to the woman?
We are not a hive mind. NONE of that shit embarrasses me. Just making the appointment or hearing the word vagina might embarrass someone else. I don't require intimacy, only professionalism and excellent bedside manner. If she tells me what's going to happen, and how it might feel, we're good.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stopped being embarrassed when I considered the fact that the doctor sees so many vaginas, he or she will not remember mine. I also realized I was taking good care of myself by going for my regular gynecological exams. It also granted me access to birth control. When I became a grown woman I realized that I was going to have to show my genitals off to a myriad of doctors for yearly exams and prenatal exams and childbirth. You get used to it.

I am practicing good health care by being seen regularly by my doctor. Nothing embarrassing about that.
That's good to know!

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We are not a hive mind. NONE of that shit embarrasses me. Just making the appointment or hearing the word vagina might embarrass someone else. I don't require intimacy, only professionalism and excellent bedside manner. If she tells me what's going to happen, and how it might feel, we're good.
Gotcha.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
An ultrasound is for questions that cannot be answered by simple palpation or viewing with the eye. The gynecologist does not perform it herself, rather the ultrasound tech does. There is the kind that goes over the abdomen, and the kind that goes through the vagina.
Maybe some do it differently here but my gynaecologist gave me an inter-vaginal ultrasound herself the other day. Perhaps it was because she has the equipment in her room? The other gynaecologist I went to was as per your statement though.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's indeed something important for me, embarassing is one of the worst feelings in my opinion, so it has a lot of weight in the balance.
Embarrassment is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of time accounts for a lack of maturity. Why should a woman be embarrassed about having her vagina checked by a doctor?

When I was younger I found it embarrassing but I've grown up and doctors see everything and anything. They're not likely going to judge.... and if they do then they aren't professional and it's their problem, not mine.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe some do it differently here but my gynaecologist gave me an inter-vaginal ultrasound herself the other day. Perhaps it was because she has the equipment in her room? The other gynaecologist I went to was as per your statement though.
I didn't mean to imply that they couldn't, but usually, they do not.

Reactions: rtg

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Embarrassment is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of time accounts for a lack of maturity. Why should a woman be embarrassed about having her vagina checked by a doctor?

When I was younger I found it embarrassing but I've grown up and doctors see everything and anything. They're not likely going to judge.... and if they do then they aren't professional and it's their problem, not mine.
I completely disagree, it should be totally embarassing for a girl to have her vagina checked by someone you have absolutely no intimacy with. Same goes for us, when we go to urologists, it's the worst experience in life, couldn't think of how it would be if it was a female doctor, it would be 100x worse.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Just because you're embarrassed doesn't mean we are. Why do you even care?

I had an exam at 18 years old to get on a new birth control and it revealed precancerous cells on my cervix. The cells could have formed into full blown cancer and would have killed me later in life. My embarrassment wouldn't keep me from being as healthy as I can be.

Stop talking about what bothers you. Let's move on now. You've posted 50 times in your first day. Is it going to be like this every day with you?

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just because you're embarrassed doesn't mean we are. Why do you even care?

I had an exam at 18 years old to get on a new birth control and it revealed precancerous cells on my cervix. The cells could have formed into full blown cancer and would have killed me later in life. My embarrassment wouldn't keep me from being as healthy as I can be.

Stop talking about what bothers you. Let's move on now. You've posted 50 times in your first day. Is it going to be like this every day with you?
Isn't a forum supposed to work like that? lol I'm not posting for nothing, I'm really interested, but ok, I've already made my point on this topic, no need to go further.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I completely disagree, it should be totally embarassing for a girl to have her vagina checked by someone you have absolutely no intimacy with. Same goes for us, when we go to urologists, it's the worst experience in life, couldn't think of how it would be if it was a female doctor, it would be 100x worse.
That is your experience. Your experience is not everyone else's. You cannot speak For All Mankind. I know men who view it as just another exam unpleasant but certainly not the worst thing. I know men who feel neutral about it. To them, it's neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Likewise most of the women I know are not at all embarrassed about an exam. It's just an exam. Clinical. It's not embarrassing, violating, or anything like that. Intimacy is not required, only expertise.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is your experience. Your experience is not everyone else's. You cannot speak For All Mankind. I know men who view it as just another exam unpleasant but certainly not the worst thing. I know men who feel neutral about it. To them, it's neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Likewise most of the women I know are not at all embarrassed about an exam. It's just an exam. Clinical. It's not embarrassing, violating, or anything like that. Intimacy is not required, only expertise.
Thanks for explaning, you're correct.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I completely disagree, it should be totally embarassing for a girl to have her vagina checked by someone you have absolutely no intimacy with.
I feel much more at ease with a medical professional looking at my vagina than a new sexual partner. And please don't refer to us as girls, we are women.

D

deleted924715

I completely disagree, it should be totally embarassing for a girl to have her vagina checked by someone you have absolutely no intimacy with.

It absolutely should NOT be. What an absolutely moronic statement and how dare you tell ANY woman she should be embarrassed. Who the hell do you think you are imposing your irrelevant opinion on women who are taking care of their health? Telling them they should be embarrassed about that? FFS.

Ignore list for you, just like your posting twin.