Drain the swamp

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They're so stupid. "Parler" was obviously named after the french word for "to speak" pronounced Par-lay with the accent on the second syllable. Nifty branding idea. Except that he idjits are pronouncing it like your "front parLOR."
That is the only thing interesting about Parler ... the mispronunciation. Shows exactly what these idiots are.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Poor Milo Yiannopoulos(having a breakdown on Parler™):
View attachment 26289071 View attachment 26289081 View attachment 26289101

Yet ANOTHER perfect example of .P R I V I L E G E. .If BLM said s------- like that someone would be kicking down doors.

@dreamer20 - The Wikipedia link that you posted shows exactly why it was unbelievable to me. Other than the fact that he was, (back when he was getting media attention), such a flamboyantly, obnoxious "queer" media whore, often showing up for interviews, in half-assed, messy drag... It didn't seem like a "good fit".

Not that I have any problem with half-ass, messy drag, though, I'll have you know!

:D

Precisely WHY the right snatched him up. Like they do ANYONE who can be USED to put a minority face on fascism, hate, and narrow-minded intolerance.

3HandsfulofDick

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yet ANOTHER perfect example of .P R I V I L E G E. .If BLM said s------- like that someone would be kicking down doors.

Kind of like Candace Owens

Precisely WHY the right snatched him up. Like they do ANYONE who can be USED to put a minority face on fascism, hate, and narrow-minded intolerance.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
2 days to go till you see the bottom, Rudi, Don jnr and Eric and Ivanka and her hubby all fighting Pence to get out before they get sucked into oblivion. Graham Cruz et al already destined for the scrap heap and very tiny footnotes on insurrection enablers. But on top of all screaming me me, wave to me with be the Donald himself finally giving in to the madness of his reign, the madness of his brain still unable to tell truth from fiction or empathise with his people unable to understand why anyone should want anyone else as leader but him him him.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Trump shattered his promise to ‘drain the swamp.’ Sep. 9, 2020 Article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ised-to-drain-swamp-self-dealing/?arc404=true Excerpt:

“Drain the swamp” was a signature promise of Donald Trump’s first campaign: He would uproot corruption from the capital and install a government that served ordinary Americans, not the special interests. Mr. Trump promised to completely isolate himself from his businesses. “I may never see these places again,” he famously said during a rally in August 2016. “Because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf.” Yet that pledge, like his other unmet campaign promises, was shattered by a president and an administration unprecedented and unapologetic in their mingling of public and private interests.

Given Mr. Trump’s example, it was also no surprise that his administration is stacked with business insiders and lobbyists who shaped policy to benefit the industries they once worked for — and *returned to after their stint in government. To head up the Environmental Protection Agency, Mr. Trump chose a denier of climate change with ties to Big Oil. After an ethics scandal forced his resignation, a former coal lobbyist replaced him. Par for the course in Mr. Trump’s swamp. Furthermore Mr. Trump made clear that he believed “my generals,” the Justice Department and the rest of U.S. government was there to serve his private and personal interests.

*Former Trump Officials Are Supposed to Avoid Lobbying. Except 33 Haven’t. — ProPublica

Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency
Jan. 20, 2021 Article Excerpt:

The executive order, entitled ”Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees,” was signed by Trump just 8 days into his presidency. It included a ban on lobbying certain officials for the remainder of the Trump administration. In addition to the lobbying ban, the pledge also included agreements to not become registered foreign agents, not accept gifts from lobbyists while serving in the administration.

As one of his last acts as president, President Donald Trump revoked his own executive order.

Reactions: b.c. and Klingsor