Dresses And Skirts With Good Pockets

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It’s time to add a dress or two and retire some well worn ones.
My new rule?
Pockets or stay on the rack.

so, what available skirts or dresses do you know of that fit a cell phone, keys, and a small wallet with room for lip balm and a mask?

extra credit for good built in bras....I’m so demanding.

I love A-line, fit n flare and similar. I’m 5’2” with a 32” inseam. hemlines knee or longer. Kinda over maxi, though. So knee to tea! Just above knee can work
Etsy makers all good.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't remember the last time I wore a skirt or dress to be honest.

I currently own none after donating all the ones which were gifted to me from family who mean well but don't understand my preferences for clothing at all. Or they do and just really want it to change. It didn't.

I just feel unnatural in clothing that allows my thighs to touch each other with bare skin.

I have a lot of chemises I wear at home, but that's a close to a dress as I have. At home, it feels amazing to have no fabric between my legs, but out in public I just feel too exposed. Even if I wear shorts underneath, I'd rather just wear shorts on their own.

So, I'm no help at all unfortunately.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm no help either, but your thread made me chuckle about a board game I played yesterday with Hubby and granddaughter.

Ms. Monopoly. Great riff off the Monopoly game; slant here is that women make more $$$ than men!

Instead of properties, you purchase inventions and accomplishments that were done by women. When you pass go, women collect $240 and men collect $200. A lot of other little cool details that made it a lot of fun.

Still has Community Chest and Chance spaces with the cards you read and either pay out $$$ or receive $$$.

My first Chance card I drew was: You find a dress with pockets to wear to your high school reunion! COLLECT $50.

Oh how Hubby and I laughed. And then I had to explain to granddaughter that pockets in women's dresses are very rare. ;)

She was surprised! Wanted to know where are we expected to put stuff we need? I don't always want to carry a purse!

D

deleted5791141

I love wearing skirts and dresses - especially in warmer weather. However, I’ve found that pockets, while loved, aren’t always a good idea. Mostly because of fabric type and fit of the clothing affect how useful the pockets really are. Unless it’s a heavier fabric like denim or a twill/canvas type of fabric, then any items you have in said pockets, will be bumping and clanging around your hips with every step. It’s really quite annoying. I do have a few denim skirts where this isn’t a problem because of fit (snug and stretchy). But I’ve also got a couple of sundress types with pockets and after trying to use them and instead having to keep my hands in my pockets while walking around, found it wasn’t worth the effort. I went back to a small crossover purse to stash my stuff in. I ended up just holding my phone & keys in hand as those were the biggest culprit of excessive movement. Lip balm and loose bills/debit card were about all that loose fitting pockets could handle (or maybe all I was willing to put up with).

good luck! And let us know what you find!

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have two sundresses that have pockets. The first one I lucked into. The second my seamstress sister did the alterations. I like hers better.

Built-in bra? Not happening.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm no help either, but your thread made me chuckle about a board game I played yesterday with Hubby and granddaughter.

Ms. Monopoly. Great riff off the Monopoly game; slant here is that women make more $$$ than men!

Instead of properties, you purchase inventions and accomplishments that were done by women. When you pass go, women collect $240 and men collect $200. A lot of other little cool details that made it a lot of fun.

Still has Community Chest and Chance spaces with the cards you read and either pay out $$$ or receive $$$.

My first Chance card I drew was: You find a dress with pockets to wear to your high school reunion! COLLECT $50.

Oh how Hubby and I laughed. And then I had to explain to granddaughter that pockets in women's dresses are very rare. ;)

She was surprised! Wanted to know where are we expected to put stuff we need? I don't always want to carry a purse!
What is a purse except a pocket on a cord?

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The only place I've found dresses with pockets is occasionally forever 21, often torrid or hot topic. I flipped when an dress I loved that my guy gifted me ended up having deep pockets.

Oddly enough, the torrid pants I got on my hunt for smaller clothing have legitimate pockets. Usable, fit my phone in them 90% pockets.

Good luck on the hunt though, we know what a bitch it is to find functional clothing.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
No. No sweaty titty Monies, please

This. So much this.

I don't care of other stuff gets stored in the bra even though my bra has never once been used as a pocket. But money? Money that I have to take at my register? Please don't hand me sweaty money :confounded::mad:

That's my rule. Things other people have to touch don't belong in the bra. Or the sock. I hate sock money too. That shit is nasty.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This. So much this.

I don't care of other stuff gets stored in the bra even though my bra has never once been used as a pocket. But money? Money that I have to take at my register? Please don't hand me sweaty money :confounded::mad:

That's my rule. Things other people have to touch don't belong in the bra. Or the sock. I hate sock money too. That shit is nasty.
As a younger me when I worked retail and someone would hand me sweaty tit money, I'd have them place it on the counter and I'd give them change necessary. Id glove up and put the money under the register once they left. No touching the soggy bills.

I. Can't. Handle. Moist. Money.

Very few things trigger my inner squick, that's one of them. Hard core one of them.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I asked the wife this question her response was "Good luck". Other than the occasional informal duster or housedress, she's never been able to find a dress with either pockets or where they didn't look out of place if they did have them. She is always lamenting the fact that most woman's fashion is not conducive to CCW let alone for carrying other everyday items but that's another story.

I did find a picture of this as maybe a compromise and while it may seem less than idea, IMO it is still not as dorky looking as a the dreaded fanny pack.

original_ladies-canvas-garden-apron-and-tool-belt.jpg

Reactions: deleted5791141