Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a younger me when I worked retail and someone would hand me sweaty tit money, I'd have them place it on the counter and I'd give them change necessary. Id glove up and put the money under the register once they left. No touching the soggy bills.

I. Can't. Handle. Moist. Money.

Very few things trigger my inner squick, that's one of them. Hard core one of them.

I used to have a job that let's just say required handling a shit ton of money and very worn and used bills at that. I remember how after I washed my hands just inky blackness would run off them into the sink and I tried very hard not to touch my face or any food in between when I could clean up. From bacteria to fecal matter to cocaine, people don't realize how filthy currency really is. Although I rarely touch money nowadays unless it's the few moth-eaten bills left in my wallet, becoming a cashless society does have it's advantages.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Liberation Pocket - Laundry Pile Goth Realness

Needed:
Fabric aprox size of desired pockets. I have been using dollies or fabric scraps from projects. Raw edges can be pressed under or hemmed.

Fabric Tape/Fusible Tape. For temporary pockets Scotch Tape makes a dope removable fabric tape.

One iron. To press seams and activate adhesive.

Get ya fabric. Make it fancy. Lay out three sides with adhesive of choice. Overlay pocket. Press according to product directions.

Boom pockets. On fripping Demand!!

Temporary tapes or flimsy fabric choices won't support as much weight. The canvas deep pockets stood up to wallet, keys, phone and other ML clutter.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
So, I scored a couple dresses with simple side seam pockets at the thrift store, and found a few add a pocket YT vids.

One of the dresses was lularoe, the crappy MLM. Figures. Those pockets work for my minimalist needs.
Over winter, it’s far less important as I wear a jacket under my coat, and both have pockets.

Savaha tempted me with a dress named synesthesia. While I also grumbled no one would have a dress named after any other cognitive difference (OCD with a skater skirt, anyone? No? How about Stroke recovery?), I do have synesthesia and it does make me who I am. The design even was aimed at my form, sound and color. It’s rainbow music staff, treble, waving and winding along the entire dress.
It is often mistaken for a pride image, so that’s in its favor.
3/4 length sleeves, tea length. Jersey knit cotton. Two seam pockets.

I also found a water bottle carrier that has the equivalent of a double thickness passport pocket on it. Quite a recent find, and seems to be a good option. ID and CC and cash fit in slots inside the pocket. My keys and phone fit inside. I can squeeze my inhaler in the pocket or alongside a smaller water bottle. It’s designed for a 32 oz bottle, I’m carrying 24.

inhaler Is the only exemption to my bras aren’t pockets stance. I rigged up a cotton woven change purse that stays under the strap (not in the cup, that’s full, lol)