Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What you see when you watch women’s team sports, be it soccer, softball, basketball, hockey, whatever, is that despite not being quite as fast or as strong or being to jump as high, the women play the game THE RIGHT WAY, superior teamwork and technique while men are often undisciplined and prone to “hot dogging”

I think that's true of a lot of things that rely on learning motor skills. A former co-worker of mine used to have a side gig as a firearms instructor and would tell me how much more disciplined were the female students compared to the males. The guys would come in with the attitude that this was a "man's domain" and therefore they already knew everything there is to know (the fact they were there proved they obviously didn't). While the women, without preconceived notions, actually paid more attention and did much better than many of the guys on the written and range tests. Several other male instructors I've heard from or spoken to over the years have confirmed that women are easier to teach and they prefer them as students to other guys.

Not only have I witnessed this difference myself during re-quals in the military, but embarrassingly there has been more than a few days my wife has put me in my place, despite her having no formal training (other than what I taught her) and background compared to me.

So, yeah, I think us guys do still at times approach a lot of things with a know-it-all attitude and wanting to show off to prove it, especially if it's a subject that has traditionally been male-orientated and there was the unfortunate belief women couldn't possibly be as good as us at it, let alone better. While women actually had an advantage because they were more willing to drive down and learn the minutia and not turn everything into a competition.

Though I'd like to think things have gotten much better in gender equality in recent times as it relates to sports, business and even combat roles; there is still much room for improvement and by remaining ignorant of women's perspective on things, we guys are only doing ourselves a disservice.

Reactions: Fredneck1951

kronos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Despite finding physically powerful women sexy as hell I rarely approach because aside from the occasional femdom, swole people with fit lifestyles mostly relate to someone else who's fit and usually finds someone who isn't less attractive - Understandable!

For a long time I used to think "how could any woman who becomes stronger than most men not find it sexually empowering and want to act that dynamic out in the bedroom with someone weaker?" but unless there's data that says otherwise if you have that appearance it seems that's rare and for most it begins and ends w/ being a person who likes a health and fitness lifestyle.

kronos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks, yes and I agree.

My reply which should’ve been a bit more specific was not intended for the “for a girl” compliment.

I’m probably more engaging the “Compliments when men are surprised to see women in “their” manly spaces are even more problematic.” Comment.

If a female is performing in a physical environment as well as a man or better and is of a “surprise” shouldn’t that be a compliment not a condensation?

I’m not saying “for a girl” or defending that slur at all. I do see that saying as not a nice thing.

However the comment “that chick has endurance on the trail better than some/most/all men” isn’t a condescension or a “manly space surprise” thing, probably means something as simple as wow this woman is really kicking ass. And a lot of those asses might be guys.

I agree leave the “for a girl” behind - but let’s not get flustered if there’s surprise that as a female your performance in a sport is as well or better than most men. It’s a compliment there’s nothing meant by it. People are admiring you!

Max

A question, and please don't take it the wrong way: what does it say about you if you're only recently realizing (ie: being surprised by the idea) that women can be as physically strong and competent at physical activities as men? You're speaking to antiquated gender norms and myths about physical strength that's still communicating "you're good at that for a girl" without saying it outright. It's a "compliment" that's still codified with some gendered bigotry of low expectations stuff.

kronos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No not at all.

It’s not a myth that in certain sports or athletics that men on average are stronger and faster.

And if a woman is performing as well as a man in that given sport ect it’s going to turn heads.

Heads filled with the myth that such a thing is shocking and hasn't happened more often than they thought? Sure. To those who've already known for a while that women are capable of being as fast or strong as men at many activities it's not surprising though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kronos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lol no worries.

So why do we have a men’s category and a women category at the Olympics?”

Or a men’s PGA and a women’s PGA?

There's a biological precedent for this to some extent, sure, but for example there's a trans woman weightlifter who's been bested by a born woman weightlifter. Not to mention a lot of chess players think women's chess league should remain a requirement. Long standing traditions can often be antiquated, who knew.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i agree for a universal chess tournament.

But I think you answered this correctly with your opening line.
Thank you.

Biology is not ‘antiquated’.

That's not really the issue of this thread based on my reading. It's more of how we look at men vs. women. You know, stereotypes. That my friend is beyond "antiquated".

Times have changed. And it's time that mindsets about what women can and cannot do change.

Because those old stereotypes are just that: Old. Outdated.

No longer true as perhaps they once might have been. Pigeonholing based on trite stereotypes is so yesterday! :confounded:

Last edited:
B

BigHairyWolf

This kind of thing happens in the workplace too. Women often don’t get credit for the work they do, or have their contributions and ideas dismissed. Often male colleagues will just subconsciously value the contributions of other male colleagues more, or will seek male validation of a woman’s work.

Also men will more readily support another man’s suggestions, and will give positive feedback more readily to other men.

So if a woman colleague does something worthy of recognition speak up about it. Don’t be weird about it. Just mention to her manager the value of her contribution. Say thanks. Make a conscious effort to give their contributions equal weight and avoid being dismissive.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Tall for a girl...cuz statistically it's a factual statement.
Me too. I'm 5'9" in flats. This is (according to maaaany men I've come across) very tall for a girl. I'm not petite, so the fuck what. In boots and heels, I'm 6'1" and taller than my husband. He doesn't give a shit lol. I am fine towering other fragile masculinity, and the male egos who can't handle a woman who has height to them. We aren't all pocket sized. Gotta get over that nonsense.

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Me too. I'm 5'9" in flats. This is (according to maaaany men I've come across) very tall for a girl. I'm not petite, so the fuck what. In boots and heels, I'm 6'1" and taller than my husband. He doesn't give a shit lol. I am fine towering other fragile masculinity, and the male egos who can't handle a woman who has height to them. We aren't all pocket sized. Gotta get over that nonsense.
Your husband is a lucky man. I adore tall women, 5’9” is certainly above average, and 6’1” in heels, well, be still my heart.

Reactions: Mittimer
T

T_Lurch

My wife is 5'10" and I'm 6'5".

We both like to wear our Doc Martens sometimes and watch people part for us when we're shopping.:D

Reactions: MickeyLee

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
5'11"

I have a pair of breakneck/ankle stilettos. First time The Boy stood next to me in the shoes he about faded. He had to look up to make eye contact *not head turned up, just raising his gaze an inch*. Not a position he often finds himself in. He's 6'5".

My ex was 5 feet tall. A most excellent smoll spoon. And forever torment by top shelves and a gangly girlfriend who often stored things up high out of habit.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Also.

My former employment in an adult entertainment emporium was a unique window on how mens interact with tall womangs in a sexual space. Lots of dudes got mad submissive, shy and avoidant. A small portion were so threatened they tried to go 50 Shades of Top. Resulting in cranky poopy pants attitude when my clear lack of fucks foiled the fantasy.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
5'11"

I have a pair of breakneck/ankle stilettos. First time The Boy stood next to me in the shoes he about faded. He had to look up to make eye contact *not head turned up, just raising his gaze an inch*. Not a position he often finds himself in. He's 6'5".

My ex was 5 feet tall. A most excellent smoll spoon. And forever torment by top shelves and a gangly girlfriend who often stored things up high out of habit.
Pshhhh we climb like cookie seeking toddlers, temple monkeys seeking coconut, cats desiring the top of the bookcase. Our footprints festoon counters.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Do you get guys saying negative things about to our height?
Yes, I've been this hight since I was young. I sprouted early, grew like a weed and stayed taller than nearly every guy I spoke to growing up. I was called too tall, butch, not femme, etc etc. Coupled with I was a goth youngin' I didn't exactly fit the "normal" ideal of what a girl "should" be according to asshole young men.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
5'11"

I am 5'9", husband is 5'10". We look identical in height though.

I. Have. Fucking. T-Rex. Arms.

Our kitchen cabinets are tall and deep. Things at the edge of the top shelf, I can do, but I can't reach anything towards the back, he has to. I have a stool I use for taking pictures in the light box (set on top of the bourbon shelf) because my arms aren't long enough to comfortably take most photos.

Made for great ability to violate dress code (arms at side hem must reach finger tips) but are a nightmare for reaching shit on my top shelf -_-. The joys of being the offspring of a 5'1 and 6'0 pair.