For USA born Uncut males only. Why were you left uncut?

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Why were you left uncircumcised?

I asked my parents why I was not circumcised. They said they had discussed it with the dr. and he said that it was just not necessary. He had not circumcised his own sons either. He said that problems were rare with the foreskin and unless there were problems later he did not see any reason to circumcise (this was in the 1960s). My dad said that he had never had any problems with his own foreskin. So they decided that I would get to keep my foreskin. I am glad that I did.

What about you?
Why did you get to keep yours?

D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Experimental Member
Media
I'm cut and live in the South. Whenever I can, I ask UC guys how come they are UC (and I ask it in a way that doesn't sound like there's a right or wrong answer.)

90% of the time, my buddies will tell me because they were born in a rural part of the state, or the Doctor didn't recommend it or he didn't suggest it. I also discovered there is sometimes tensions between the parents, the father usually wants his son natural if he's UC, but the mother may try to push circumcision.

Reactions: Summer of 1973

long legs

Worshipped Member
Media
very interesting thread. I was left uncut because in my town we had 2 doctors. My doctor did not believe in circumcision but the other doctor did. most of my friends were uncut too. My father was cut, but my older brother was not. I did not find out about circumcision until I started grammar school and went to the YMCA pool where we all swam naked.

Last edited:

Jonasclifton

Experimental Member
Media
I was born in a rural Southern town, and it just wasn't done. I only had one male cousin on my dad's side who was cut, and he doesn't know why he was, as his dad (my uncle) was natural. It also cost a lot back then (1953), and there was no insurance to cover the hospital bill, it was the patient's responsibility to pay. Just remember this: that when it started to cost insurance companies part of their profit, how quickly it became "elective surgery, and thus not covered" and not necessary. No doctor or hospital I know of will do it "pro bono" (free), and if this is such a medical necessity, why don't they just do it from the kindness that's in their hearts?

Reactions: NCbear and mono

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Great thread - as an Italian-American it's family tradition in our part of the heritage.

I remember good friends who were cut when they were 8 or 9 and asked my parents about it - I wanted to be like them. Obviously the cut was not made - THANK GOD.

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was cut at birth, but shortly thereafter the whole thing grew back! My parents decided not to put me through that again. I can't even imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been cut at birth as I would have 2 to 3 inches of skin hanging down below the head of my penis as now it is fully covered.

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Jonasclifton makes a very valid point. In the early days US circumcision was billable to the insurance provider therefore most doctors recommend the procedure to the unknowledgeable parents and the doctor made some easy money for a few minutes of work. There was a movement within the medical community advising parents circumcision kept the penis clean and prevented infection. The easier and correct solution was to educate the children on washing their penis just like washing any other part of the body. And as we all know, when there is money involved doctors will tell you what they want just to make a fast buck. Chopping of foreskin was a money maker. No doctor would provide any scientific evidence to support it and new parents especially mothers were easily seduced unless an uncut husband stopped the madness. Today the procedure is still recommended even if the insurance companies don’t make any cash because the doctor still does. Circumcision is a great way to pay of some of those student loans.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my opinion, because it is classed as a surgical proceedure its an accepted practice. If a parent inflicted that amount of unnecessary pain on a baby or young infant, the child would possibly be under a protection order. If the child subsequently died as a result of injuies unnecessarily inflicted the parents would more than likely end up in prison. Doctors and consultants add insult to injury, by charging for the "privilage"

I know of one person who was left mentally traumatised and developed a perminant stammer as a result of being told by his parents why he was in hospital for an unknow opperation. To recover from the general anesthetic with searing pain and to discover part of his willie was missing and wondering how it happened. Anyone agree or disagree

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
When I was born, many years ago, I don't think there was health insurance. I'm sure circumcisions had to be requested. They weren't suggested by the doctor. My dad and grandpa were uncut, and there was no pressure to have me cut. Why put out scarce money to inflict that on your baby boy? The doctor couldn't give a compelling reason to do it, so I escaped the blade. My mother taught me how to "skin it back" and keep it clean and I've been doing that daily for more than 60 years. Kinda pleasurable actually. I've had a lot of exquisite pleasure because I was left intact. I think if you can teach a boy to keep his butt clean, he surely can learn to keep his penis clean. Better to wash it than clip it.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not to sound mean here but it is funny in its own sort of way to me really, that there are those in the past who thank circumcision was a cure for everything. now it would seem that there are some people that today seem to think circumcision causes everything. i thank these people are wrong on both counts.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my opinion, because it is classed as a surgical proceedure its an accepted practice. If a parent inflicted that amount of unnecessary pain on a baby or young infant, the child would possibly be under a protection order. If the child subsequently died as a result of injuies unnecessarily inflicted the parents would more than likely end up in prison. Doctors and consultants add insult to injury, by charging for the "privilage"

I know of one person who was left mentally traumatised and developed a perminant stammer as a result of being told by his parents why he was in hospital for an unknow opperation. To recover from the general anesthetic with searing pain and to discover part of his willie was missing and wondering how it happened. Anyone agree or disagree

i disagree with you on this . but to be fair and considerate to the op i wont go into why here for many reasons. but will say this every one has the right to have there preference. and also to do what they think is the best for their child. be it cut or uncut, and this isn't ever going to be agreed upon concerning circumcision by everyone .so i will end my reply about your question here. :wink:

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When I was born, many years ago, I don't think there was health insurance. I'm sure circumcisions had to be requested. They weren't suggested by the doctor. My dad and grandpa were uncut, and there was no pressure to have me cut. Why put out scarce money to inflict that on your baby boy? The doctor couldn't give a compelling reason to do it, so I escaped the blade. My mother taught me how to "skin it back" and keep it clean and I've been doing that daily for more than 60 years. Kinda pleasurable actually. I've had a lot of exquisite pleasure because I was left intact. I think if you can teach a boy to keep his butt clean, he surely can learn to keep his penis clean. Better to wash it than clip it.

I agree. Washing my cock is the best part of my shower. Nothing like a clean piece of meat.

Reactions: Gj816

leo1953

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was not circumcized as an infant becaused my Dad was laid off from work when I was born and my parents couldn't afford the extra $10.00 it cost to have it done.
There was no such thing as medical insurance in the early 1950's. Can you believe it cost my parents $75.00 for me to be born in a hospital. I come from a family of 7 brothers (I'm the youngest) and they were all cut as infants, (I guess my Dad was doing very well when they were born) My dad was also cut as an infant.
I have many male cousins that are my age and older that were not cut because their parents couldn't afford for them to even be born in a hospital, they were born at home with a midwife attending.
Now some of you may not like this, But I'm scheduled to be circumcized next Trursday Feb 19th. at the age of 55. I've always wanted to have this procedure done for as long as I can remember. I have always wanted to be like my brothers since I was a kid, and now I'm going to make it happen. I've already been thru the pre-op procedures and am looking forward to this day of being circumcized finally....

Reactions: LondonCutguy

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was not circumcized as an infant becaused my Dad was laid off from work when I was born and my parents couldn't afford the extra $10.00 it cost to have it done.
There was no such thing as medical insurance in the early 1950's. Can you believe it cost my parents $75.00 for me to be born in a hospital. I come from a family of 7 brothers (I'm the youngest) and they were all cut as infants
That's about what my Mom told me too. $100 for a girl and $110 for a boy to cover "fixing" him.
Now some of you may not like this, But I'm scheduled to be circumcized next Trursday Feb 19th. at the age of 55. I've always wanted to have this procedure done for as long as I can remember. I have always wanted to be like my brothers since I was a kid, and now I'm going to make it happen. I've already been thru the pre-op procedures and am looking forward to this day of being circumcized finally....
I'd do a little research before then. You may find it erotic initially, but especially at your age it could signal the end of your sex life. Either way, let us know how it goes.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was no such thing as medical insurance in the early 1950's. Can you believe it cost my parents $75.00 for me to be born in a hospital. I come from a family of 7 brothers (I'm the youngest) and they were all cut as infants, (I guess my Dad was doing very well when they were born) My dad was also cut as an infant.
I have many male cousins that are my age and older that were not cut because their parents couldn't afford for them to even be born in a hospital, they were born at home with a midwife attending.

glad your getting want you have been wanting for so long. and judging from the cut guys i know, let me say that your sex life will be hotter than it has ever been. if you enjoyed sex with a foreskin you will be in Ecstasy with a cut cock LOL. this from a womens point of view [ mine ] having had them both ways and from a few guys both before and after as well, to me cut cocks are the best. but regardless of my preference glad for you . and let us know how everything turns out. which i am sure you will be A ok. regardless of what you may have read other wise on here about it in the cut, uncut cock fights around here.

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was left uncut because most of the men in my family are uncut. I often joke that I was either switched in the hospital at birth, or my parents were too cheap to have it done... THANK GOD, in either case ! As far as gaining sensitivity by being cut, I doubt it seriously.... it removes too many nerve endings. Being uncut, I couldn't say for sure, but from everything I've read, it stands to reason. I'd never be cut unless it was a dire emergency...

patrick9999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
glad your getting want you have been wanting for so long. and judging from the cut guys i know, let me say that your sex life will be hotter than it has ever been. if you enjoyed sex with a foreskin you will be in Ecstasy with a cut cock LOL. this from a womens point of view [ mine ] having had them both ways and from a few guys both before and after as well, to me cut cocks are the best. but regardless of my preference glad for you . and let us know how everything turns out. which i am sure you will be A ok. regardless of what you may have read other wise on here about it in the cut, uncut cock fights around here.

What a load of ****

If you like circumcision so much, why don't YOU have it done to yourself?