Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I can't help but wonder if any of these men who I've heard argue about what women should have to do if pregnant actually understand a single thing about being pregnant. The fact that it's still a risk to our own lives EVERY time... They likely know nothing of the medical circumstances that come with pregnancy. They likely know nothing of the fear of NOT BEING ABLE to carry that baby to term. They likely know nothing of it other than "she'll gain a few pounds but I'd still fuck".

Ignorance is fucking ugly. Oh, and being anti-abortion just means more women will die. More babies will suffer, because their mothers won't be ready or able to care for them which is why they would have gotten an abortion in the first place.

Sometimes even if you're trying to avoid getting pregnant it happens.

The "heart beat" crap is exactly that, too. It's not an actual heartbeat at 6 weeks, look the shit up. Ask an obstetrician. It's a flicker of cells which will *eventually* become a heart, but there's no structure. There's no nervous system. No brain. It's not a human at 6 weeks.

You know when it is a human? It's a lot later than that. My daughter I lost at 6 months of gestation was a real human. The ectopic pregnancy I had many years ago was not. The miscarriage I had earlier this year was not. I love them, and will always love and miss them, but they were not yet human beings.

Learn your fucking shit before you say any fucking thing to me about pregnancy. I'll send your fucking ass to school.

Edit: why this hits me so hard, well a lot of reasons but the big one.. this year I was contemplating whether or not to keep my baby after having lost my little girl. I didn't know if I could do it. I didn't want to get that far as lose another child inside my body. I didn't have to decide because my body did that for me :pensive: but I was in that position.

"Why didn't you just try to not get pregnant?" Oh, I'm sorry... Is that anyone's business but mine? NO. I owe no one an explanation. But since I'm being open: birth control makes me sicker, and we forget to use condoms. For many years I thought I was simply infertile, until I got pregnant with my daughter. So I tried to carry her and give her life. Turns out my body sucks and won't do it. So when I got pregnant again, it was very much unexpected. The doctors told me after her I probably wouldn't conceive again, then I did.

So don't go there. Don't waste your time telling us a fucking thing about "well if you don't like the law don't get pregnant".

Last edited:

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a woman's issue and I feel it is important that LPSG women be able to discuss it. I've taken the decision to move this to Ask a Woman so no men reply to this. This is a topic for the ladies to discuss. I don't care if you like or don't like their opinion. Don't report it. Just move along. The women have a right to have a thread to discuss this without male intervention.

I've removed the last few posts that were both political and filled with fuck yous. I want this thread to stay open but if the fuck yous continue it will have to get shut down.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This is a woman's issue and I feel it is important that LPSG women be able to discuss it. I've taken the decision to move this to Ask a Woman so no men reply to this. This is a topic for the ladies to discuss. I don't care if you like or don't like their opinion. Don't report it. Just move along. The women have a right to have a thread to discuss this without male intervention.

I've removed the last few posts that were both political and filled with fuck yous. I want this thread to stay open but if the fuck yous continue it will have to get shut down.

Thank you.

I'll tone it down, I know that was at me.

I'm not sorry for what I said, but I will tone it down from here on.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah. Women can't have nice things. Or body autonomy, apparently.

Truest statement on abortion from Alt-Red Idjits is stating that forced delivery is a punishment for personal failings.

Pregnancy is a punishment for women who misbehave.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Women can't have body autonomy, apparently

Then come the arguments about "what about body autonomy for the fetus?"

As was already explained, there's no nervous system at 6 weeks. No brain. Not an actual, literal heart. What that clump of cells turns into changes the body and life of the woman it's inside forever.

She gets to decide what happens to that clump of cells. No one else.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Then come the arguments about "what about body autonomy for the fetus?"

As was already explained, there's no nervous system at 6 weeks. No brain. Not an actual, literal heart. What that clump of cells turns into changes the body and life of the woman it's inside forever.

She gets to decide what happens to that clump of cells. No one else.

Jesus loves the little fetus..

Jesus hates children living in poverty. Cut all the programs.

Red States 2022/2024.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just talked to my coworkers.

I'm literally the only one who knew anything about this, and my crew is not full of idiots.

Just an example as to how this shit happens. People don't pay attention until it's too late, then rights get stripped away.

I might be wrong but if there had been national outcry over this directed at SCOTUS maybe they'd have paid more attention sooner and done something about it.

Public outcry can make a difference, but when the public doesn't know or care what's going on nothing changes.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
DeathSantis hopes to pull the same shit in FL. Cuz of course the lil Trump Monkeys need to dance for Orange Daddy.

I saw that, and was not shocked at all. Angered beyond the fucking beyondest boundaries of my brain, but not in any way shocked :pensive:

It's too funny, because his orange daddy actually hates him because he's popular with the same people who love him anyway, but we all know the only thing that matters to Cheeto Jesus is admiration. And he has to have it all to himself. He doesn't play well with others, or understand the concept of sharing.

So DeathSantis praises him and uses him to get clout with the base, but the guy he's ass-kissing to no end actually hates his guts. Fucking priceless.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
DeathSantis hopes to pull the same shit in FL. Cuz of course the lil Trump Monkeys need to dance for Orange Daddy.
As a Florida resident this scares the shit out of me. I want my bits out. I'm broken. @Mr_Mitt has already stated that he's getting his bits snipped if any of this passes here.

Fuck DeSantis. Fuck this country.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I want my bits out. I'm broken.

❤️:pensive:

This is something that scares the fuck out of me. It starts with 6 week abortion bans, then they ban contraception somehow, then they find a way to illegalize procedures that keep us from getting pregnant in the first place. This is fucking terrifying shit for women. It's not fucking ok.

These fucks make me feel things I'm not ok with feeling.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Upthread, “fuck religion” appeared.
I am a person of faith. But, I don’t push my worldview, aside from “can’t you attempt to be compassionate?” on others.
That is the difference. Conversion religions.
We the believers need to practice saying no three times to seekers.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Upthread, “fuck religion” appeared.
I am a person of faith. But, I don’t push my worldview, aside from “can’t you attempt to be compassionate?” on others.
That is the difference. Conversion religions.
We the believers need to practice saying no three times to seekers.

When I said Fuck Religion that was my personal thoughts on the concept, not an attempt to take anyone's beliefs away from them. So I do apologize for any offense.

Basically every major religion has extremist sects and they pretty much all treat women like shit. Religion is used as an excuse too often, and isn't supposed to have weight when making/passing laws in this country in the first place. These "heartbeat" bills are from those extremist viewpoints and that isn't supposed to be tolerated in the states, but here we are. Religious extremists are passing laws now.

Edit: religion should have no impact on my atheist ass.. but it's looking like people exactly like me will be having decisions made for us by people who *do* "believe". I'm not at all ok with that shit, hence the expression.

It's a vent thread. I was going with the concept.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So I can't get the hypocrisy out of my head with this issue.

Evangelical Christians claim to be against abortion because of their beliefs. But have they read their own 'sacred' texts?

In the Bible God tells men that if their wives become pregnant to give her a potion that will kill the fetus if it's not his. So God is totally cool with abortion, he actually encourages it in cases of adultery.

In the same book it says spilling seed (cumming outside of a woman's bits) is a sin. So why exactly is it that NO ONE in this group of religious extremist zealots is trying to pass laws illegalizing male masturbation? Oh, right... That doesn't involve controlling women's bodies. Silly me! : unamused:

Then they'll make some shit excuse about "everyone interprets the texts differently, that's the beauty of it". No. It isn't beautiful. It's hypocrisy.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
So I can't get the hypocrisy out of my head with this issue.

Evangelical Christians claim to be against abortion because of their beliefs. But have they read their own 'sacred' texts?

In the Bible God tells men that if their wives become pregnant to give her a potion that will kill the fetus if it's not his. So God is totally cool with abortion, he actually encourages it in cases of adultery.

In the same book it says spilling seed (cumming outside of a woman's bits) is a sin. So why exactly is it that NO ONE in this group of religious extremist zealots is trying to pass laws illegalizing male masturbation? Oh, right... That doesn't involve controlling women's bodies. Silly me! : unamused:

Then they'll make some shit excuse about "everyone interprets the texts differently, that's the beauty of it". No. It isn't beautiful. It's hypocrisy.

I’ve imagined and supposed it’s a Victorian era morality where women who violate the code are punished.
Drape “poor murdered babies” on the issue to get certain flavors of xianity to rally the troops, southern evangelicals who see abortion as destabilizing the family, Catholics who see each child as “g-do’s will,” and the like, and it’s powerful.
From what I understand, and hip me if I’m missing something, but unwed mother homes have mostly disappeared.
So the support for girls and young women who need shelter during their pregnancies is gone. (Yes those were bad, too)

I am almost loathe to suggest that if the boys and men were also held to account, then I could almost swallow a world without abortion on demand access. Almost. Maybe. If we weren’t overpopulated as it is. (And overpopulation is a big reason I support access)

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I’ve imagined and supposed it’s a Victorian era morality where women who violate the code are punished.
Drape “poor murdered babies” on the issue to get certain flavors of xianity to rally the troops, southern evangelicals who see abortion as destabilizing the family, Catholics who see each child as “g-do’s will,” and the like, and it’s powerful.
From what I understand, and hip me if I’m missing something, but unwed mother homes have mostly disappeared.
So the support for girls and young women who need shelter during their pregnancies is gone. (Yes those were bad, too)

I am almost loathe to suggest that if the boys and men were also held to account, then I could almost swallow a world without abortion on demand access. Almost. Maybe. If we weren’t overpopulated as it is. (And overpopulation is a big reason I support access)

I don't want anyone "held to account" because there's nothing morally wrong with having sex (with full consent from all parties) or getting pregnant, and there's also nothing wrong with deciding to NOT have kids.

Terminating an embryo is not murder. It is not viable outside the womb, just like the sperm that gets left in a Kleenex.

The entire thing was warped for the sake of propagandizing the masses to be ok with taking away women's rights to decide what happens to her body. They focus on abortion (which god is ok with according to their own book) and completely ignore jacking off (which god will supposedly send you to hell for) because they don't have actual fucks to give about "sacred" life. It's all bullshit and always was.

I'm not ok with religion being punitive. Especially towards people who don't even fucking practice the shit. This is a secular country. It's supposed to be, anyway. These same extremists are the ones who freak out over their 1st amendment rights to free speech. They don't even know that FREEDOM OF RELIGION is in the same fucking amendment. That includes freedom From religion.

I do not believe (because I trust in science, not faith) that an embryo is a human being. It is not sacred. It's a clump of cells which has the potential to become an independent human being, but it is not yet viable. The woman carrying it is very much an independent human being who will have her body and life changed forever by that clump of cells. It's her decision. Period. Not "god's", not the government's. Hers.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I don't want anyone "held to account" because there's nothing morally wrong with having sex (with full consent from all parties) or getting pregnant, and there's also nothing wrong with deciding to NOT have kids.

Terminating an embryo is not murder. It is not viable outside the womb, just like the sperm that gets left in a Kleenex.

The entire thing was warped for the sake of propagandizing the masses to be ok with taking away women's rights to decide what happens to her body. They focus on abortion (which god is ok with according to their own book) and completely ignore jacking off (which god will supposedly send you to hell for) because they don't have actual fucks to give about "sacred" life. It's all bullshit and always was.

I'm not ok with religion being punitive. Especially towards people who don't even fucking practice the shit. This is a secular country. It's supposed to be, anyway. These same extremists are the ones who freak out over their 1st amendment rights to free speech. They don't even know that FREEDOM OF RELIGION is in the same fucking amendment. That includes freedom From religion.

I do not believe (because I trust in science, not faith) that an embryo is a human being. It is not sacred. It's a clump of cells which has the potential to become an independent human being, but it is not yet viable. The woman carrying it is very much an independent human being who will have her body and life changed forever by that clump of cells. It's her decision. Period. Not "god's", not the government's. Hers.

we are in full agreement. I’m not Lurker! (I’m also not in a punitive minded faith, I’m Jewish and Buddhist)
I think every woman in Texas of childbearing capacity should have 25 Plan Bs at the ready. Annually.
Maybe an airlift now that we abandoned the women of Afghanistan?