Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I was raised to ignore the way women are judged for enjoying sex. I have never felt ashamed of the fact that I get horny as fuck, and that I get the fuck off.

It did take me quite some time to be aware of my pansexuality.. but I was never uncomfortable with the fact that I wasn't straight. I was teased/bullied quite a bit because people always knew I wasn't straight and being ignorant as fuck they tried to force it on me and failed miserably.

I'm very cozy in this flesh, and I'm happy to say societal expectations tried to creep in and while I may have been influenced to a point.. I recognized it and confronted myself.

Best part? My guy knows exactly who I am sexually, and otherwise and accepts it fully. He's not threatened by the fact that his masculinity isn't a main factor in my attraction to him. *That* means so much to me.

AvgBigGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was raised to ignore the way women are judged for enjoying sex. I have never felt ashamed of the fact that I get horny as fuck, and that I get the fuck off.

It did take me quite some time to be aware of my pansexuality.. but I was never uncomfortable with the fact that I wasn't straight. I was teased/bullied quite a bit because people always knew I wasn't straight and being ignorant as fuck they tried to force it on me and failed miserably.

I'm very cozy in this flesh, and I'm happy to say societal expectations tried to creep in and while I may have been influenced to a point.. I recognized it and confronted myself.

Best part? My guy knows exactly who I am sexually, and otherwise and accepts it fully. He's not threatened by the fact that his masculinity isn't a main factor in my attraction to him. *That* means so much to me.

How'd you become aware of your pansexuality?

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I was raised in a very sexually repressed home, one that approved only in homosexuality when it wasn't someone they cared about. Fake talks of "you can tell me anything, I want you to be safe" but it was really just a ploy to confess so they could berate and threaten.

Despite being very content and happy with who I am today, I still have emotional struggles with my own sexuality. Not that I am pan, that I love the entire gender spectrum or that I am a Mistress who has a sadistic streak. But that I like sex. That I in theory would like it with many more people than I allow myself to have it with. I say no more than I say yes to them, simply because of that tiny voice in the back of my head that tells me that this wasn't how I was raised.

It's frustrating. I've more than once taken steps to move away from that nonsensical bullshit in my head. My process is to simply do. If my head is telling me no - because that's not how I was raised, I tell it to go fuck itself and do what I want to do.

Sometimes the voice wins out, it's easier to let it than to fight it at times.

I feel it'll still be a struggle for a while yet. But one day I'll get to where I want to be.

I am comfortable and confident in my sexuality and who I what I am attracted to. I am comfortable and confident in the fucked up desires I have and the people I explore them with.

I'm just not always so comfy living up to be the whore or slut I was told I'd be if I did the things mentally I'd really love to do.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I never really had any issue accepting my sexuality, I always knew I was mostly straight like when it came to relationships but knew I liked women as well. It took a few years for me to actually be in the right situation to experiment with my bi side tho, bac in the day apart from the occasional times I picked up other women out clubbing or whatever I didn't really get to fully explore until I met my husband where he introduced me to the swing lifestyle etc. Since then I've also enjoyed being able to explore other sides of my sexuality too, it's about being in the right situation to open the right doors really.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I always had an "elasticated waistband and stretch fabrics" chill vibe about identity, on all levels. My sexuality fits me just right. I am comfortable with it, and have room to stretch out when inspired to. Come be compatible sexually on the couch together.

There will be take-out and media binging, too.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up as a tomboy and repressed all desires of my feminine side. Physically, I was female, but I didn't want to be. There are still vestiges of tomboy running through these veins. That was one of the biggest strains on my relationship with my Mum. She forced me into dresses and wouldn't let me cut my hair.

I loved being outdoors with my Dad and the other cowboys. I lived for riding my horse and working the ranch. And things were wonderful, except for the Mum thing, but I humored her as long as I could stand it.

And then boobs. Oh, how I cried. I cried because they hurt, and I cried because I would literally try to beat them back, which made them hurt even more. Ace bandages, too small undershirts, I tried everything.

And that's when things changed a lot. Mum always told me that I shouldn't be riding with the cowboys, but now Dad told me that maybe I should be more careful and stay home more. That was like a stab to the heart. And he and I grew more distant. I wasn't his little boy anymore. I let my ponytail down.

I started seeing boys differently too. Now they were objects of desire. But they were unattainable to me. I couldn't seem to have a conversation with one much less date one. I had one close male friend and the rest were girls. We talked about being boyfriend and girlfriend once. Yeah, nah, too weird.

So I had three dates in school, only one worth anything. And that's the guy I married as soon as I graduated. What a bust. But I got the best kid in the world out of that busted deal.

I have no regrets about growing up like I did. I just wish I had discovered how to be more feminine when I was in school. It took the social aspect of going to college to figure that out.

So I guess I'm a late bloomer, but I'm glad I went through all of that to get here.

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long did it take you to get comfortable with your sexuality? What was that process like for you?

Just curious because of how society represses and has demonized female sexuality.

That's hard to answer because something like that is a process that doesn't have an objective beginning or end. I think for me it's been a combination of having experiences that made me think differently and also just becoming more confident and comfortable in my own skin that just happens with time.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I don’t think I ever thought I had any options. It was self acceptance on a basic level for both sexuality and gender expression.

I have to admit I am often uncomfortable with how others expect my sexuality to be.
and how men expect their female partners to just give it up at any dropped hat (or belt, or shoe).
So I have discomfort with people using people and plastering “love“ over it.

Reactions: AvgBigGuy

neutrno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always been comfortable with my sexuality. Others weren't. Everybody seems to think they have a saying in a woman's sexuality, but I didn't listen to anyone.

There was a period of my life I was with a man who was jealous and cramped my style, but I found a way to set myself free from that control freak, insecure man.

Nature also worked against me, but I've tamed the bitch with contraceptive pills and the like.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve had the privilege of being born a cis woman. I never struggled with any gender identity issues. I like being a woman.

As to my sexual behaviour and libido, I’ve gotten very comfortable with myself over the years. Others seem uncomfortable with a woman with a high libido and strong sense of herself. While that may have bothered me in my twenties, it certainly doesn’t bother me now. I know who I am and what I want. I love that security in myself. My skin is comfortable. If others don’t like it? Well, their opinion is none of my business.