Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I see your Kinsey and raise you the colors purple and red.

Check this out. It's Langdon Parks' Purple-Red Scale. The Scale tracks not only who you're sexually into but also the role sex plays in your relationships of interest.
What's Your True Sexual Orientation? The Purple-Red Scale Is Here to Help You Find Out

The More You Know: Parks' scale is roughly the third iteration of improvement past the Kinsey scale. Kinsey was among the first sexologists to recognize sexual attraction and behavior as being on a spectrum. A contemporary, Fritz Klein, pushed Kinsey's scale to parse sexual attraction from fantasies, desires, and (perhaps problematically) one's preferred identities. Another, whose name I can't remember right now, parsed present from past and future ideal sexual orientations. Parks devised his scale after learning more about asexuality and became increasingly aware of his own asexual yet romantic inclinations toward women. (Regretfully, all I know about Parks is that he's from Southern California. We learned his scale in my sexuality course, but I don't know if he formally created this in a higher education program or not.)

NautiRogue

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I see your Kinsey and raise you the colors purple and red.

Check this out. It's Langdon Parks' Purple-Red Scale. The Scale tracks not only who you're sexually into but also the role sex plays in your relationships of interest.
What's Your True Sexual Orientation? The Purple-Red Scale Is Here to Help You Find Out

The More You Know: Parks' scale is roughly the third iteration of improvement past the Kinsey scale. Kinsey was among the first sexologists to recognize sexual attraction and behavior as being on a spectrum. A contemporary, Fritz Klein, pushed Kinsey's scale to parse sexual attraction from fantasies, desires, and (perhaps problematically) one's preferred identities. Another, whose name I can't remember right now, parsed present from past and future ideal sexual orientations. Parks devised his scale after learning more about asexuality and became increasingly aware of his own asexual yet romantic inclinations toward women. (Regretfully, all I know about Parks is that he's from Southern California. We learned his scale in my sexuality course, but I don't know if he formally created this in a higher education program or not.)

Nope. I think, according to this I'm an E2 or E3, but I don't think it has enough choices to accurately depict a lot of options.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
According to the Kinsey Scale Test , I am a 4 (homosexual with more than heterosexual tendencies).
On the Purple-Red Scale, I am an E4 (E: Primary Sexuality, 4: prefers the same sex, but is also attracted
to the opposite sex).

Reactions: Williamsfw