Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.51.55 PM.png

BREAKING: NRA Ch. 11 Case Thrown Out As Bad Faith Bankruptcy
Law360 (May 11, 2021, 3:17 PM EDT) -- A Texas bankruptcy judge dismissed the Chapter 11 case of gun rights advocacy organization the National Rifle Associate on Tuesday afternoon, agreeing with the Office of the New York Attorney General and others that the case was filed in bad faith.
The NRA filed for Chapter 11 protection in Texas on Jan. 15 amid litigation brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James — who is seeking to dissolve the NRA and accusing its leadership of siphoning off tens of millions of dollars in funds for personal use — and the organization's former longtime media consultant Ackerman McQueen, which the NRA claims overcharged the organization for services that didn't produce the promised results......

BREAKING: NRA Ch. 11 Case Thrown Out As Bad Faith Bankruptcy - Law360

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
View attachment 34649361
BREAKING: NRA Ch. 11 Case Thrown Out As Bad Faith Bankruptcy
Law360 (May 11, 2021, 3:17 PM EDT) -- A Texas bankruptcy judge dismissed the Chapter 11 case of gun rights advocacy organization the National Rifle Associate on Tuesday afternoon, agreeing with the Office of the New York Attorney General and others that the case was filed in bad faith.

The NRA filed for Chapter 11 protection in Texas on Jan. 15 amid litigation brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James — who is seeking to dissolve the NRA and accusing its leadership of siphoning off tens of millions of dollars in funds for personal use — and the organization's former longtime media consultant Ackerman McQueen, which the NRA claims overcharged the organization for services that didn't produce the promised results......
BREAKING: NRA Ch. 11 Case Thrown Out As Bad Faith Bankruptcy - Law360
Good. The nra has never done anything to help gun rights. There is a reason why more and more gun owners, myself included are abandoning them. This isn't a blow to any gun rights advocate.

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if the people on January 6 had been *smart* . . .

Why? What good would paintballs do? If their goal was total destruction, they should have taken notes from the "peaceful protesters" that were burning down cities all across the countryfor the better part of that entire year.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why? What good would paintballs do? If their goal was total destruction, they should have taken notes from the "peaceful protesters" that were burning down cities all across the countryfor the better part of that entire year.

I was referring to the tanks. Tanks. (This is where you say, "You're welcome.")

As for the "burned down" cities, we can only hope their empty, charred ruins will be rebuilt so that someday, decades from now, people will start living in them again. :rolleyes:

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was referring to the tanks. Tanks. (This is where you say, "You're welcome.")

As for the "burned down" cities, we can only hope their empty, charred ruins will be rebuilt so that someday, decades from now, people will start living in them again. :rolleyes:

As was I. If the goal was destruction, what would paintballs do in regards to being equipped to a tank? A much more effective solution would be to have a "peaceful protest" and light the city aflame, and cause billions of dollars of damage.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As was I. If the goal was destruction, what would paintballs do in regards to being equipped to a tank? A much more effective solution would be to have a "peaceful protest" and light the city aflame, and cause billions of dollars of damage.

One last time: I was referring to the tanks themselves. *Not* the optional paintball retrofitting. I admit that would be cool, but wasn't where I was going.

As for your "effective solution," it sounds pretty horrific, so I'm glad it's just a fantasy.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One last time: I was referring to the tanks themselves. *Not* the optional paintball retrofitting. I admit that would be cool, but wasn't where I was going.

As for your "effective solution," it sounds pretty horrific, so I'm glad it's just a fantasy.

So what point were you trying to make?

And we did see cities on fire for months during the rash of "peaceful protests."

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Federal judge overturns California's ban on assault weapons and likens AR-15 to Swiss Army knife
By Alexandra Meeks, Josh Campbell and Eric Levenson, CNN

Updated 8:54 PM ET, Sat June 5, 2021

California gun ruling: Federal judge overturns state ban on assault weapons and likens AR-15 to Swiss Army knife - CNN
From yesterday's court decision to overturn the 30 year ban on assault weapons in California. Maybe they wouldn't have gone nuts over nonsense like the Swiss Army knife and picked up on this instead.
#ReadTheDecision
E3Ky0f2XwAQTI37.png

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Federal judge overturns California's ban on assault weapons and likens AR-15 to Swiss Army knife

"More people have died from the Covid-19 vaccine than mass shootings in California."

Obviously, there is no legitimate proof of this ludicrous statement, but... Did he want us to applaud and shout out, "Congratulations, California!"?

A/B

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"More people have died from the Covid-19 vaccine than mass shootings in California."

I've seen this sort of crap before. What I think is going on is that a certain number of people who have had the COVID-19 vaccine have died---something that human beings are known to do whether they are vaccinated or not. Antivax assholes and ignoramuses like this judge equate that with their having died of the vaccination. :mad:

Reactions: ActionBuddy

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By Alexandra Meeks, Josh Campbell and Eric Levenson, CNN

Updated 8:54 PM ET, Sat June 5, 2021

California gun ruling: Federal judge overturns state ban on assault weapons and likens AR-15 to Swiss Army knife - CNN
From yesterday's court decision to overturn the 30 year ban on assault weapons in California. Maybe they wouldn't have gone nuts over nonsense like the Swiss Army knife and picked up on this instead.
#ReadTheDecision
View attachment 36070921

Saw that the other day. This court case will be interesting. Either it gets kicked back for an appeal and one of 2 things happens. Either they admit he's right, or they appeal it and it goes to the Supreme Court. Either way, looks like the useless awb might be done for the states that actually have one.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Saw that the other day. This court case will be interesting. Either it gets kicked back for an appeal and one of 2 things happens. Either they admit he's right, or they appeal it and it goes to the Supreme Court. Either way, looks like the useless awb might be done for the states that actually have one.

To quote Justice Scalia

" The 2nd amendment IS "subject to regulation" "

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lloyd’s of London Won’t Renew Insurance for NRA Directors
  • Stephen Gutowski
  • July 1, 2021
  • 5:00 am
  • NRA leaders will soon face greater personal risk in overseeing the organization.

Lloyd’s of London will not renew the group’s directors and officers insurance when coverage ends in August, according to multiple sources. The NRA is creating a new $5 million fund to cover potential lawsuits against executives and board members while it searches for a replacement policy. The money will be drawn from current NRA investments.

NRA board member Phillip Journey told The Reload the fund was announced during the closed executive session of the gun group’s Saturday board meeting. He said board members were authorized to talk about it after the session ended, though. He believes the fund was created to alleviate concerns about liability raised by a number of board members.

“It was apparent from the comments that there are several board members that have expressed concerns,” Journey said. “This was their attempt to address the concern, knowing that the policy expires in, golly, less than 40 days.”

Lloyd’s did not respond to a request for comment. The elite business group has a reputation for insuring high-risk clients, and Journey said its decision not to renew the NRA’s policy is bad news.

“I mean, if Lloyd’s won’t insure you, who the hell will?” he said.

A second source with knowledge of the Lloyd’s move called it a “bombshell” likely driven by the risk NRA leaders could face lawsuits related to their management of the organization. This is a major question in light of the suit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James (D.).
  • Lloyd’s of London Won’t Renew Insurance for NRA Directors