Gun control

Utfbo5122

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good. The nra is even more useless than it was before. I hope this organization crumbles. They have never done anything for the gun owner

Looks like those strict gun laws are working well. Then again, it's Chicago. Defund the police, refused federal help, now is calling for the national guard to come in last I heard.

Lloyd’s of London Won’t Renew Insurance for NRA Directors
  • Stephen Gutowski
  • July 1, 2021
  • 5:00 am
  • NRA leaders will soon face greater personal risk in overseeing the organization.

Lloyd’s of London will not renew the group’s directors and officers insurance when coverage ends in August, according to multiple sources. The NRA is creating a new $5 million fund to cover potential lawsuits against executives and board members while it searches for a replacement policy. The money will be drawn from current NRA investments.

NRA board member Phillip Journey told The Reload the fund was announced during the closed executive session of the gun group’s Saturday board meeting. He said board members were authorized to talk about it after the session ended, though. He believes the fund was created to alleviate concerns about liability raised by a number of board members.

“It was apparent from the comments that there are several board members that have expressed concerns,” Journey said. “This was their attempt to address the concern, knowing that the policy expires in, golly, less than 40 days.”

Lloyd’s did not respond to a request for comment. The elite business group has a reputation for insuring high-risk clients, and Journey said its decision not to renew the NRA’s policy is bad news.

“I mean, if Lloyd’s won’t insure you, who the hell will?” he said.

A second source with knowledge of the Lloyd’s move called it a “bombshell” likely driven by the risk NRA leaders could face lawsuits related to their management of the organization. This is a major question in light of the suit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James (D.).
  • Lloyd’s of London Won’t Renew Insurance for NRA Directors