Gym shower watchers

Unwanted touch is assault, pure and simple.

What type of unwanted touch? Are we as a society becoming too stoic and fearful of non-sexual random touch?

I really believe this is where assault laws have been too widely defined. I can understand how a neuro-diverse person who is touch sensitive or someone with a disability or injury which is in constant pain could be distressed non-sexual touch which hasn't been consented, yet touch deprivation in our society is a real thing and humans communicate through touch. We do have a moral and social problem in regards to this.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What type of unwanted touch? Are we as a society becoming too stoic and fearful of non-sexual random touch?

I really believe this is where assault laws have been too widely defined. I can understand how a neuro-diverse person who is touch sensitive or someone with a disability or injury which is in constant pain could be distressed non-sexual touch which hasn't been consented, yet touch deprivation in our society is a real thing and humans communicate through touch. We do have a moral and social problem in regards to this.

Let me be more precise because you raise a valid point in the larger context. In showers, when you are nude, it is not cool to touch strangers. It is legally a sexual assault. No cop is coming to the Y to arrest anyone for that. I can guarantee it. Cops don't care about any male on male sex crime, I have the experience personally.I knew what was coming, did it anyway to see, wrote a complaint letter and the letter back reiterated men can't be raped basically.

Touch. Yes, I invested three years of my life making this happen for lots of people, and it did me a world of good. We taught consent and non verbal communication as well. I have a lot of experience with being groped in every imaginable way, and when I started cruising as a young adult, this rarely happened because we all knew the non verbal cues. If I am nude or in leather at an event that is not sexual, I am constantly being molested and that is what it feels like. The touch is just taking and not giving anything. I used to put up with it, but lately I see how cumulatively destructive it was. My ex was leading the charge twice or more a week to "teach" me to accept random groping. 5 years of explaining my trauma and my neurodivergence self diagnosis and telling him he just needed to let me know and approach softly. Why ultimately we fell apart. Once I am up on edge, it's hours before I can get back down again...it's the rape response with aspie garnish. He was furious I could handle it better in public from strangers but that is because I have my armour on and I don't care about randoms. My lover setting me up on the ledge in my safe place where I relax and let it down... not good. However, I got the proper dx, was reassured to find out I was exactly right about why touch was so hard sometimes, but my instinct was to work with it and I have made so much personal progress that I am going to start a group again because we need it.

Tomsy9877

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This morning in the showers there were 3 others dudes. We all got boners. No one jerked but they were all peeking.
Why not, it can be a natural reaction. Just enjoy. Why do a lot of people think this is something to be ashamed of. You’re all human

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My gym has shower cubicles but no curtains or doors on them. It is easy to observe someone if you have stepped out of the shower and are toweling off. I never wrap a towel around me in the locker room before or after a shower and am naked when shaving. I don't mind if somebody looks, stares, smiles, etc. What does bother me is when somebody will follow me around where ever I go. For example after I shower I may take a steam or sauna, and a guy will follow me in there. Perhaps that is a coincidence, but if I go to the shower again and then the sauna, the guy does the same and goes wherever I go. When in the steam room, he'll position himself to get a good view of my dick. If he simply said something like 'hey how's it going' it might break the ice and remove the bizarre vibe I get, but this never happens. Always silent stalking, which I find creepy.

Reactions: Sherwood D. Likelym

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My gym has shower cubicles but no curtains or doors on them. It is easy to observe someone if you have stepped out of the shower and are toweling off. I never wrap a towel around me in the locker room before or after a shower and am naked when shaving. I don't mind if somebody looks, stares, smiles, etc. What does bother me is when somebody will follow me around where ever I go. For example after I shower I may take a steam or sauna, and a guy will follow me in there. Perhaps that is a coincidence, but if I go to the shower again and then the sauna, the guy does the same and goes wherever I go. When in the steam room, he'll position himself to get a good view of my dick. If he simply said something like 'hey how's it going' it might break the ice and remove the bizarre vibe I get, but this never happens. Always silent stalking, which I find creepy.
He's clearly cruising you. But if you give him no response, after following you once or twice and you give him no encouragement or response, he should give up and move on. To continue to follow you around is creepy.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jack off? Nah. But lots of guys get hard. They see a fantasy ... can't help it. It I see tits Or ass my dick stands to too. Same for gays

It's actually a natural physiological response in most primates. One erection maybe not going to trigger more, but two or three and suddenly many are hard and it has nothing to do with being gay. The other males get erect because selection passed the genes of those who correctly saw that one erection (most primates have mating seasons, not continual estrus) meant an available mate was potentially gone. So the males that responded to the "threat" of competition by also getting hard were more successful.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's actually a natural physiological response in most primates. One erection maybe not going to trigger more, but two or three and suddenly many are hard and it has nothing to do with being gay. The other males get erect because selection passed the genes of those who correctly saw that one erection (most primates have mating seasons, not continual estrus) meant an available mate was potentially gone. So the males that responded to the "threat" of competition by also getting hard were more successful.
Sort of like yawning is contagious?

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guy looks at me in the shower. I just said out loud to him that he has huge pecs. He doesn’t miss a beat and states I have huge cock. Lol. Cruising me and I’ll take the compliment. I don’t though but I think seeing him chubbed me up. He was about 40. I’m sure he cruised everyone but he is hot.

I was at my gym the other day about to use the shower after a workout and a 10 minute session in the sauna. Went to take a shower, and the guy on the opposite side facing me couldn't stop staring, especially when I opened my shower curtain to dry off. So I left it open and slowly dried off while he stared the whole time.

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I notice guys staring at me when I shower. If I find it satisfying I face forward and let 'em stare. If I find it unwelcome,
I turn toward the wall. My gym showers are separate stalls with no curtains so a guy toweling off in front of the showers can check out everyone in the individual stalls.

Sherwood D. Likelym

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Guy showering at the gym today had the curtain open and was hard, I took that as a compliment. The other guy was stroking and moaning which I thought was over the line.
I appreciate an erection can happen in a gym shower situation. I not long ago saw a dude get one (full duck-ready bone) and he handled it perfectly in my opinion. He proceeded like he did not have one.

I never have had anything but a modest chub.

One should not “encourage” arousal in any inappropriate place.
… always curious about evolution of the thread, I have only read around two dozen responses …
As a youngster observing another guy develop an erection, I would turn away so he could avoid the "embarrassment of exposure" (e.o.e.). I was never concerned about personal "e.o.e.". Usually, I was more obsessed with concealing my intact foreskin evidence. A modest chub assisted in keeping my foreskin retracted. Many years of maturity before I actually began observing other cocks in the shower more closely. Experience on nudist beaches, multiple health clubs, saunas, and steam rooms educated me about the discomfort created by "cruising". Fortunately, I learned to accept compliments about my cock's appearance without a homoerotic reaction. Quite often guys were aroused while admiring my cock, and their arousal stimulated my arousal. Cruisers still cause anguish, but observing a cock become erect has become intriguing for me, and complimentary if motivated by my cock's attractiveness:blush:.