Has anyone made a true transformation?

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Has anyone ever gone from terrible shape to great shape?
If so, would you share your stories, and perhaps your photos?
We see promises from countless entities selling workout plans, diet plans, pills, etc, but it would be great to hear directly from people who aren't part of a company's advertising agenda.

rogue_sword

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nice thread and congrats to everyone so far.

My own 2p ... Not really a transformation but a few years ago I got heavily into fitness and here is a bulk/cut pic taken about 7 weeks apart. This was the first time I got really lean (at age 29) so it felt like a transformation to me. When you get the recipe right it's amazing how quickly you can achieve things

IMG_9840 2.jpeg

FootballBro25

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Over the past 7 years I’ve really been on a “journey.” I hate that word and it sounds cliche’. I’ve just made lot of changes because I was really tired of being fat.

I don’t share this often, but about 8 years ago I was just under 300lbs. I’m 6’5” so even though that sounds massive, it wasn’t as bad as a 5’10 person being that weight. No doubt about it though, I was fat.

I decided I wanted to change and I started jogging. I did that for a while and got down to about 250-260. At some point I went back up a little. Then I got more serious and started hitting the weights at the gym and jogging, getting down to about 240. Hurt my back because I didn’t know what the fuck I was doing, and gained weight again because I could barely move for months with a back injury.

After that point I got very serious. This was about 5 years ago. I started going to the gym consistently, switched to a lower carb diet, and did a lot of cardio with weights. I got down to approx. 205-208, but I was too “skinny fat” for my frame. I decided to drop cut my cardio down and focus mostly on weights and eating MORE, not less, to build muscle. I’ve been at 230ish for a while and I feel like I finally understand my body and muscle building. Diet and exercise to work EVERYDAY. It’s a slow change, and takes consistency. Don’t expect big changes right away. I wish I had pics to share from when I was fat, but they all have my face in them and I can’t share those on here.

heyitsfocker

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is my "before and after" for building muscle. In actuality, this is my "after and after" as the photo on the left is me after losing weight (324lbs to 160lbs) and the one on the right is 3 years after that one gaining 30 lbs of muscle.

I'm incredible proud of losing all the weight but I am equally as proud of gaining the muscle as I did so naturally and found a newfound love of weight lifting. I have gained 20 lbs more since the photo on the right.

Attachments

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Growing up and through college, I was a skinny rail of a kid. Once I graduated and got my first real adult job, my body got hit hard. 10 hours a day desk job, really cheap soda and vending machines (easily downing 4 liters of Coca-cola a day), fast food for dinner. After 10 years of that, my body wasn't in great shape. I'm 5'10" and was 200 pounds with zero muscle on my body. After getting laid off, I decided I needed something to keep me busy and doing something while filling out resumes and interviewing so I started jogging.

After a couple of years of that (and returning to gainful employment), I started going to the gym. For the first couple of years, I worked with a trainer weekly and then on my own. I quickly dropped from 200 pounds to 165 pounds. Since then, I've been slowly building muscle and working to lean myself up over time. Peaked for weight again at about 195 a few months ago, rededicated myself to diet and exercise and am at 183 and continuing to build and trim.

Attachments

Anguia10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here’s my transformation. Had a breakthrough and decide to change my life with proper diet and exercise. Studied/followed bodybuilding.com and started follow the early Men’s Physique guys like Ryan Hughes (first ever MP Pro), Steve Cook, Alex Carneiro, etc. and it’s been the best decision ever. I have respect for these athletes who who compete in these competitions and really just evolve their bodies through diet and exercise.

Attachments

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am from the ectomorph side of the spectrum (commonly called a hard gainer because my metabolism is so high I burn everything off rapidly), which was great for swimming. Once I got in the gym and started lifting seriously, and had a solid trainer that knew what he was doing to guide me, I packed on some beef and competed in bodybuilding several times. The biggest thing people don't realize because they buy all the marketing crap out there is that it really comes down to two things: dietary choices and consistent exercise. The transformation takes years--plural--not 30 days or a few months. Here's a pic of me at 140# and another during bodybuilding competition at 180#. I've been as thick as 200, which is really beefy on my slim frame.
At 140 pounds.jpg
Phil Jared Side Tricep.jpg

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I stopped weighing myself once I hit 300 pounds. God only knows what I actually topped out at but the before pics here were about 280 and shots I felt were flattering... So I looked smaller than I was in them. Current... I'm 5'9" and 195-200 any given day, with a visible (but not sharp) few abs and obliques... 19 or 20% body fat that'd be lower if not for loose skin. I was also fairly immobile due to herniated discs and a host of other back issues and have gone from being in constant pain and not being able to sit/stand/lay for more than 20m or so without wanting to cry... to a 345lb squat, 365lb deadlift (that I don't push very hard *because* of my back), and 255lb bench, MMA training at every given opportunity, and contemplating trying out for the titan games. No pain pills. No surgeries. Nada.

Attachments

Nick Davis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Lost 55 lbs. Went from 38 waist to 34 and went from XL to L/medium shirt. LDL and A1c down to normal. Off prescription meds for heart and cholesterol. Diet (intermittent fasting 3x weekly) and exercise (4 times weekly at gym, 2x weekly at home with sit ups and push ups. Fit into slim fit shirts first time in my life. Better shape at 35 than 22!!!

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, I believe I have made a transformation in my body. When I was younger, especially as a school aged kid I was always the smallest guy, last to be picked for sporting games, etc and had somewhat low self esteem issues.

Even as an adult I was always the short guy and did not feel confident with women as they literally looked down at me.

At one point in my life I joined a gym and started working out. I recall a high school gym coach telling me I had potential for a muscular physique but when I started hitting the weights I blossomed very quickly. My natural genetics and my above average high testosterone levels (no wonder I was always horny) took this skinny short guy and transformed him into a very muscular short guy.

Because you tend to look at yourself every day in the mirror you may not see this transformation happening but when someone who hasn't seen you for a while exclaims "what the fuck happened to you?" I guess you then realize you're not the same guy you once were. 50 pounds of added muscle will do that.

It would now be interesting to go to a high school reunion and take on the bullies of my life.

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Two years and 8 months ago I looked in the mirror and said enough is enough. I weighed 289 pounds on a 6'1" frame. Wore a size 50 suits, 42 x 32 pants, and XXL shirts. I joined a gym and did weights every day, finished with 20 min. in the sauna. Started hiking, and went on the keto diet. Today I still hit the gym every day, and most afternoon a sill bike 5 go 9 miles. What this xix for me was go crop from 289 pounds go @95 pounds today, pants sent from 42 to 32, suits from 50 to 44. Body went from a % fat of over 40 to a 16. All this was great but the best is dropping blood sugar from 130 to 88, triglycerides from over 400 to 135, and cholesterol to 120 total. I feel like a different person. I think I have a picture of me about 6 months ago, but none when I was so overweight. It can be done, just have to reach a point where you just say fuck it. Downside is I have bought a lot of new clothes, and the keto diet for some is hard. It was easy for me and I am still on it, but now with carbs in the 30 range VS the 20 range.

hornygymbro

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reading through this thread has been a proper inspiration and I'm going to remember to revisit it when I need a top up on motivation. I have always carried some extra weight. I work hard, but I don't eat the best. I feel like I'm so close to being on the cusp of looking good and feeling good about my body but I either can't get there, or for some reason I can't explain I'm scared to. It's great hearing from real people about their struggles, setbacks and successes. Thanks guys

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
(Background: weighed 260 three years ago. New job with a lot of physical effort dropped me fifty pounds. Now I’m exercising for a half hour every day before work, which is toning my body in ways I haven’t seen in decades. I’m healthier and more fit at 60 than I was at 40 and 50.)

Pleasant surprise a couple of days ago. I’m on vacation and found that the shorts I brought are waaay too large for me.

My wife and I went to Banana Republic, and I discovered they essentially topped out at 38s. I’m down to a 40 waist, but thought the 38 would be a bit too tight. They are a perfect fit, and even have a bit of room at the waist. No tightness whatsoever.

My college waist was a 30. I know I’m not getting down that far, but I’ll take a 36 any time.

Lots of VERY stubborn belly and back fat. I’ve had it for twenty five years or so, so it’s going to take time. Still, feeling fit and still losing weight.