Has anyone made a true transformation?

123456qwert

Sexy Member
Media
Question for the crossfitters.
How does it work? Not he exercise but the routine.
I’m used to joining a gym then going when I want, following a program I decided on. Never had a personal trainer.
The CrossFit gyms I’ve seen appear to be like working with a trainer or taking a class.
If I were to join a xfit gym tomorrow, am I looking at going there 3xweek to meet with the class, or is it where I’m joining a gym that has xfit equipment and I go whenever to follow my own xfit routine?
Essentially I don’t want to spend $300 month to only be able to go 3x week.
Hope this makes sense.
Thank you

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Two years and 8 months ago I looked in the mirror and said enough is enough. I weighed 289 pounds on a 6'1" frame. Wore a size 50 suits, 42 x 32 pants, and XXL shirts. I joined a gym and did weights every day, finished with 20 min. in the sauna. Started hiking, and went on the keto diet. Today I still hit the gym every day, and most afternoon a sill bike 5 go 9 miles. What this xix for me was go crop from 289 pounds go @95 pounds today, pants sent from 42 to 32, suits from 50 to 44. Body went from a % fat of over 40 to a 16. All this was great but the best is dropping blood sugar from 130 to 88, triglycerides from over 400 to 135, and cholesterol to 120 total. I feel like a different person. I think I have a picture of me about 6 months ago, but none when I was so overweight. It can be done, just have to reach a point where you just say fuck it. Downside is I have bought a lot of new clothes, and the keto diet for some is hard. It was easy for me and I am still on it, but now with carbs in the 30 range VS the 20 range.

Stabilo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Question for the crossfitters.
How does it work? Not he exercise but the routine.
I’m used to joining a gym then going when I want, following a program I decided on. Never had a personal trainer.
The CrossFit gyms I’ve seen appear to be like working with a trainer or taking a class.
If I were to join a xfit gym tomorrow, am I looking at going there 3xweek to meet with the class, or is it where I’m joining a gym that has xfit equipment and I go whenever to follow my own xfit routine?
Essentially I don’t want to spend $300 month to only be able to go 3x week.
Hope this makes sense.
Thank you

usually you go there and follow the class. every day / every class has a different wod (work out of the day) that can be scaled based on your experience, strength and so on . i think that the most fun of crossfit is being there with other people, usually very supportive.
when u are enough skilled you can use open gym times to follow your own wods.

Stabilo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks Stabilo
They do look fun and the support/ encouragement is something I need as I lack the discipline ( I know it’s pitiful) to keep consistent.
Too bad classes are so expensive in Chicago.
You’re welcome :)
Yeah, encouragement it’s very important and I think that CrossFit can help u to build some discipline, at least at the box

hornygymbro

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reading through this thread has been a proper inspiration and I'm going to remember to revisit it when I need a top up on motivation. I have always carried some extra weight. I work hard, but I don't eat the best. I feel like I'm so close to being on the cusp of looking good and feeling good about my body but I either can't get there, or for some reason I can't explain I'm scared to. It's great hearing from real people about their struggles, setbacks and successes. Thanks guys

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Looking for any help in gaining muscle here. Just getting into fitness and I know it needs to be a good balance of work and diet.
Hi, Buddy. Based on your body shot, you're already off to a good start, but it'd be good to have a goal in mind. Do you have a target physique you'd like to get to? I'm sure that you'll receive plenty of good advice if you tell us what you want to achieve, in terms of looks and performance.