Has The Alpha/beta Male Stuff Gone Too Far?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

Apparently, there is a new kind of male. The Sigma male. Another kind of man for the pile. We can add them to the alphas, betas, omegas, zetas, etc.

Men. My fellow men. Are we doing OK as a gender? I feel like something is wrong. The alpha and beta thing kinda made sense. It might have not really been accurate, but it still made some amount of sense. Now it's just become stupid. As a few people in the comments section of the video wrote, it seems like astrology for men.

What do you guys think of the sigma male stuff? Is this an accurate description of human social structures? Has this gone too far? Is it stupid. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: Milkdudd

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nothing as pathetic as the perennial losers who think themselves Alphas.

Every dimwit wannabe fascist with an AR15 who parades around in his camo gear and fantasizes about how he'll be on top in the postapocalyptic hellscape fancies himself an Alpha.

Every greasy haired frat bro who get's laid by offering drunk girls coke fanices himself an alpha.

They Ain't.

An Alpha is a male who suffers no consequences. Who has no boss.
Zuckerberg and Bezos and Musk
Putin and Kim and Mugabe

THOSE are the alphas in this world.

The idea of a "sigma" male is so the guys who are losers, but can at least get laid by chasing loser chicks imagine they can still call themselves alphas because their dicks get used.

But the truth is, you know who NEVER claims to be an alpha? Actual Alphas.

They don't HAVE to tell anyone. Least of all themselves.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Nothing as pathetic as the perennial losers who think themselves Alphas.

Every dimwit wannabe fascist with an AR15 who parades around in his camo gear and fantasizes about how he'll be on top in the postapocalyptic hellscape fancies himself an Alpha.

Every greasy haired frat bro who get's laid by offering drunk girls coke fanices himself an alpha.

They Ain't.

An Alpha is a male who suffers no consequences. Who has no boss.
Zuckerberg and Bezos and Musk
Putin and Kim and Mugabe

THOSE are the alphas in this world.

The idea of a "sigma" male is so the guys who are losers, but can at least get laid by chasing loser chicks imagine they can still call themselves alphas because their dicks get used.

But the truth is, you know who NEVER claims to be an alpha? Actual Alphas.

They don't HAVE to tell anyone. Least of all themselves.

It's a way for guys to cope with their situation. I am a low status man, but even I'm not falling for this BS.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a reactionary thing that I think will get worse before it gets better. Ive watched it evolve from the corner of the internet, occupied by entitled white male crybabies, to now where the "manosphere" is one of the most popular genres amongst black podcasts that bundle it with somewhat legitimate self help topics such as self care and wealth building.
Id love to totally dismiss it...but despite what morally and socially we should be working towards, they're not operating totally outside of a controversial objective truth; that a lot of patriarchal male behaviors and tendencies arent by default unattractive to women, and that times of upheaval and uncertainty there is a statistical and almost universal romantic and sexual gravitation towards the "strongman" personality so prized by the alpha crowd, even if it leans towards misogynist tendencies. This definitely doesnt excuse the choices men make when pursuing this agenda, but definitely provides valuable context as to why they make them.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

kankan63

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a reactionary thing that I think will get worse before it gets better. Ive watched it evolve from the corner of the internet, occupied by entitled white male crybabies, to now where the "manosphere" is one of the most popular genres amongst black podcasts that bundle it with somewhat legitimate self help topics such as self care and wealth building.
Id love to totally dismiss it...but despite what morally and socially we should be working towards, they're not operating totally outside of a controversial objective truth; that a lot of patriarchal male behaviors and tendencies arent by default unattractive to women, and that times of upheaval and uncertainty there is a statistical and almost universal romantic and sexual gravitation towards the "strongman" personality so prized by the alpha crowd, even if it leans towards misogynist tendencies. This definitely doesnt excuse the choices men make when pursuing this agenda, but definitely provides valuable context as to why they make them.

100% agree with you! Well put.

I would also go one step further and imply that this subject has become so much more prominent because it is extremely marketable - there are countless "seminars", guides and channels dedicated to selling the message that these traits can easily be acquired and used for ones personal benefit in society.

Reactions: DiamondJoe

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
100% agree with you! Well put.

I would also go one step further and imply that this subject has become so much more prominent because it is extremely marketable - there are countless "seminars", guides and channels dedicated to selling the message that these traits can easily be acquired and used for ones personal benefit in society.
Yep, where's there's muck there's brass

D

deleted1074483

I am a low status man, but even I'm not falling for this BS.

Hey Wally, why do you always talk yourself down like that? what you say (or write) about yourself/ourselves becomes what we are? There is no such thing as a 'low status' man or woman - all people are equal - we may not have the same access to resources but there is nothing that makes one person better or worse than another.
Talk positively to yourself and about yourself and you will start to love yourself - from loving oneself (in the true sense of accepting your self and your self value) lots of these other thoughts/discussions about alpha/beta/sigma become irrelevant.
As @Scarletbegonia 's link says, the studies showed that most alpha men had lower self esteem/issues with self esteem - so if everyone changed their mindsets to positivity, speaking good things to themselves and about others maybe we'd get to that point where alpha/beta/sigma/blah blah didn't matter/exist and we could start to be compassionate, caring etc to others?
Then yes i'd agree with you that this is all so much BS

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
used for ones personal benefit in society.
This is the unfortunate caveat that allows these views to persist and thrive, that there are objective, formulaic, planned out steps a man can take in his life that may not expound upon his ability to love and understand his partner like we should strive for, but will definitely expand upon the number and attractiveness of women that exhibit at least some initial interest in getting to know whatever personality may or may not be present.
To boys and men whose physical appearance didnt or doesnt inspire natural attention from the female gaze(which goes a long in positively reinforcing confident behaviors) it can be attractive to bypass the really hard work of being appealing to the select women you come across or interact with or to cast your net far and wide with traits and behaviors that at least statistically appear to garner more universal appeal.
As it has with the Black community in America it wouldnt surprise me if the whole alpha/redpill/mgtow etc. ideology spreads to any and all economically disenfranchised populations before it flames out somehow.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Hey Wally, why do you always talk yourself down like that? what you say (or write) about yourself/ourselves becomes what we are? There is no such thing as a 'low status' man or woman - all people are equal - we may not have the same access to resources but there is nothing that makes one person better or worse than another.
Talk positively to yourself and about yourself and you will start to love yourself - from loving oneself (in the true sense of accepting your self and your self value) lots of these other thoughts/discussions about alpha/beta/sigma become irrelevant.
As @Scarletbegonia 's link says, the studies showed that most alpha men had lower self esteem/issues with self esteem - so if everyone changed their mindsets to positivity, speaking good things to themselves and about others maybe we'd get to that point where alpha/beta/sigma/blah blah didn't matter/exist and we could start to be compassionate, caring etc to others?
Then yes i'd agree with you that this is all so much BS

Money, looks, fame and that other thing all make some people better or worse off than others. I have none of the positive traits therefore I am low status or inferior.

I would love to live in a world where everyone had self-esteem, but self-esteem has to be earned. You can't earn self-esteem if you're inferior. Those are just the breaks.

What other ways can we make a more compassionate work, in your opinion?

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media
Apparently, there is a new kind of male. The Sigma male. Another kind of man for the pile. We can add them to the alphas, betas, omegas, zetas, etc.

Men. My fellow men. Are we doing OK as a gender? I feel like something is wrong. The alpha and beta thing kinda made sense.

Wait---
I looked the definition up.
The alpha definition is similar as the definition for racism only that it is for a singular person? Alpha is a self-superiority guy. Racism is a group superiority.

And beta is a guy that supports this toxic behavior and who cheers on and rejoices at the alpha male.

The alpha and beta stuff does not makes sense to me and the sigma person seem to be a normal person to me.
Or did I get something wrong?

Reactions: Scarletbegonia
D

deleted1074483

Money, looks, fame and that other thing all make some people better or worse off than others. I have none of the positive traits therefore I am low status or inferior.

money looks and fame DO NOT MAKE ANYONE SUPERIOR!! and not having them does not make you inferior, it may mean you've had some hard breaks in life but it does not make you an inferior person - you really need to stop 'owning' such statements about yourself mate.

I would love to live in a world where everyone had self-esteem, but self-esteem has to be earned. You can't earn self-esteem if you're inferior. Those are just the breaks.

NO self esteem is NOT earned - you have to work at it for sure, some comes from positivity in your life and upbringing, but mostly it comes from within, accepting yourself for who you are and as a person of worth. Once your recognise that of yourself then others will start to accept and value you as well.

What other ways can we make a more compassionate work, in your opinion?

Start with being compassionate to yourself @wallyj84 don't talk down about yourself, don't be a self hater - to many haters in the world already. If you can be compassionate to yourself then you can be to others as well, but if one isn't compassionate to themselves and recognise what compassion is, how can one apply it to others or the world at large?

Reactions: Rewardheragain148

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The Alpha/Beta thing is overplayed for sure, but theres also zero doubt that there has been a concerted effort by media/entertainment to feminize men. For years now. So many sitcoms where the hubby is a bumbling idiot that has to be led around by the nose by his wife, commercials, like dude is trying to hang a set of curtains and he winds up hanging upside down by the drapes or some shit lol so the wife drags him to Home Depot to get advice from a real man etc. Its also in the govts best interest to make men effeminate and weak cuz then they are easier to control. (and when I say effeminate,I'm not referring to sexuality please dont take it that way)

Theres a reason why UFC became so huge, and now theres an MMA school on every corner. Men wanted to be men again. When I first started watching UFC back in 2000 and I wanted to train, I had to drive like an hour to the only MMA dojo I could find. now theres like 4-5 schools within 15 miles of me, and I live in a relatively small town.

Same thing with rap music being so popular. They rap about fucking bitches, gettin high, gang wars etc. Now, thats a false Alpha manhood, dont get me wrong. But its a hugely popular genre, especially among young girls. For all the talk about feminism and #RespectWomen etc, most women especially white chicks are listening to Gangsta MC McGee rapping about hes gonna fuck 20 bitches tonight n get em drunk etc.

kankan63

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is the unfortunate caveat that allows these views to persist and thrive, that there are objective, formulaic, planned out steps a man can take in his life that may not expound upon his ability to love and understand his partner like we should strive for, but will definitely expand upon the number and attractiveness of women that exhibit at least some initial interest in getting to know whatever personality may or may not be present.

Agreed. It is a good thing however, that there are people out there promoting exactly this message - that it is possible to adopt a certain mindset and take certain actions in order to not only improve ones own standing in society but at the same time create a fortified personality incorportating a set of values and principles that will ultimately benefit said society. The Youtube Channel "Charisma on Command" or Jordan Petersons material comes to mind.

Theres a reason why UFC became so huge, and now theres an MMA school on every corner. Men wanted to be men again. When I first started watching UFC back in 2000 and I wanted to train, I had to drive like an hour to the only MMA dojo I could find. now theres like 4-5 schools within 15 miles of me, and I live in a relatively small town.

I don't believe that the UFC has become huge today because "men wanted to feel like men again" but because they've managed to create a format uniting some of the most talented individuals in the world of martial arts (men and women!) under one organization and offering exciting matchups across all divisions. MMA having become as popular as it is, is more likely a direct result of the exposure the sport has gotten through these promoting organizations. With that being said, I would 100 % agree that taking up martial arts (or any sport involving high intensity workout for that matter) is highly beneficial to men because it not only strengthens the body but also helps with testosterone production, ultimately leading to a more balanced psyche. Every single high-skilled individual I've met on the mats / in the ring turned out to be super nice and based human beings.

Reactions: sodominsane

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
A

I don't believe that the UFC has become huge today because "men wanted to feel like men again" but because they've managed to create a format uniting some of the most talented individuals in the world of martial arts (men and women!) under one organization and offering exciting matchups across all divisions. MMA having become as popular as it is, is more likely a direct result of the exposure the sport has gotten through these promoting organizations. With that being said, I would 100 % agree that taking up martial arts (or any sport involving high intensity workout for that matter) is highly beneficial to men because it not only strengthens the body but also helps with testosterone production, ultimately leading to a more balanced psyche. Every single high-skilled individual I've met on the mats / in the ring turned out to be super nice and based human beings.

True Well to me thats the definition of "alpha". Knowing you have a physical presence, can handle yourself but dont need to act out and strut around like Johnny Badass.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
The Alpha/Beta thing is overplayed for sure, but theres also zero doubt that there has been a concerted effort by media/entertainment to feminize men. For years now. So many sitcoms where the hubby is a bumbling idiot that has to be led around by the nose by his wife, commercials, like dude is trying to hang a set of curtains and he winds up hanging upside down by the drapes or some shit lol so the wife drags him to Home Depot to get advice from a real man etc. Its also in the govts best interest to make men effeminate and weak cuz then they are easier to control. (and when I say effeminate,I'm not referring to sexuality please dont take it that way)

Same thing with rap music being so popular. They rap about fucking bitches, gettin high, gang wars etc. Now, thats a false Alpha manhood, dont get me wrong. But its a hugely popular genre, especially among young girls. For all the talk about feminism and #RespectWomen etc, most women especially white chicks are listening to Gangsta MC McGee rapping about hes gonna fuck 20 bitches tonight n get em drunk etc.

Interesting perspective. I don't think anyone is trying to feminize men. I think men are having trouble adapting to modern society, because western masculinity is reliant on dominance and when you take out the dominated group (women) it collapses on itself.

As men we need to reevaluate what it means to be a man. Preferably creating something separate from the shackles of family, relationships and women.

Reactions: RandyStrotter
D

deleted5199391

Men. My fellow men. Are we doing OK as a gender? I feel like something is wrong. The alpha and beta thing kinda made sense. It might have not really been accurate, but it still made some amount of sense. Now it's just become stupid. As a few people in the comments section of the video wrote, it seems like astrology for men.

What do you guys think of the sigma male stuff? Is this an accurate description of human social structures? Has this gone too far? Is it stupid. Let me know what you think.

Those kind of vids usually are just scams. There's a whole market of sufference, and the message is more or less the same:
1) you feel bad and I understand you.
2) I have a theory that explains why you have no fault (it's society / immigrants / commie / big pharma / women or men, etc).
3) follow me and don't bother about people that tells you to emprove, you don't need that coz you are perfect like this.

A tons of this "theories" are related to genders, because people are understanding (slowly) that gender is a social convention. An approximation (not talking about phenotypes but even that...).
So there's a "male (or female) crisis" or stuffs like that.
People should just ignore this 202X whatever gurus.

Reactions: wallyj84