Has The Alpha/beta Male Stuff Gone Too Far?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Quick opinion s

while humans are primates ... it’s not even close... we are way way different from any other animal spiecies

and our infinite adaptability makes any type of behavior extrapolation more of a fun game then anything that could be construed as a valid guild for behavior

that being said...(and this is something remember hearing and not something I’m an expert on)

Sooo here goes.... even in primates the whole alpha thing is a bit of a myth and general only accrues is closed systems, zoo, small reserves etc. and left in open system cooperation and compassion becomes way more imports

extrapolate to human.... repeat ..as a fun game

closed systems... prison yards, sports teams, cohort units

open systems .. doesn’t really apply

but the term is USEFUL

too
1. All hole corporate ceo type .... being alpha gives them an excuse to be a complete dick and explain away theier success to thier alpha traits... instead of the 400 million kick start they got from daddy

2. guys selling you info and books on how to be a “chick” magnet

3. explaining away treating others like shit and being over all sadistic

Hmmm I’m really liking this post...I’m gonna start trolling all you fuckers who I don’t like....but don’t cry trolling anymore losers.

I’m just being alpha!!!!

que my theme music bitches and smalls. .....cause I am out of here

Human beings aren't special and we're not infinitely adaptable. We are monkeys with calculators. At best

Reactions: Idcrightnow

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I'm "inferior" in the eyes of society. I'm also one confident muhfucka. My worth doesn't come from what society has labeled me as. It comes from my exquisite fucking self..

Fuck what anyone says. I'm cool as fuck. I don't need anyone but me to validate that.

You *can* have self esteem.. You have chosen not to.

Why would anyone choose to not have self esteem? I wish I could like myself, but I am inferior so I can't.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
So then the question really is how deeply entrenched are you upon the value system by which you judge yourself? I....feel you on a lot of the self worth and self value insights you post, because I've been through a lot of it to some degree as well, to the point where there are daily reconciliations I still have to make between what I value and what I sense the world values me for.
Are you introspective enough to explore the foundations upon which your values were formed, because I feel like once you become cognizant of the cracks and flaws that are present there you'd be unable to help but question the very value system you judge yourself so harshly by.

I am always searching for flaws and cracks in my value system and I haven't found any after 2 decades. My value system is perfect. I wish it wasn't, but it really is the perfect system.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Human beings aren't special and we're not infinitely adaptable. We are monkeys with calculators. At best
I hope you are just sort of joking, I always thought of you as a pretty intelligent fellow.

Now you lay down a certain degree of self hate but if you really think that you are really off the deepens

intellagence... we are soooo far from monkeys or even chimps,

25 percent of our calories are used to keep our brains going.

chimps use half that and there is a reason, we are way smarter

People get all excite when we teach a chimp our language... but while it’s a struggle for them to use a language we he have volumes and volumes of poetry and prose

they sometime use tools... we use tools to create micro electronics and 100 story buildings. Chimps eat there shit.... we have vast networks of plumbing

No compare

and infinitely adaptable....

We can survive and thrive in tribes of 20 all the way up to cities in the millions

From the jungle to the desert to the Arctic. Humans have been able to populate every continent of the earth....and then we stepped on the moon

The animals used to prey on us ...they are kept as pets

Monkeys a calculator....a calculator we made... that’s like a god handing you a magic item to use

Are human perfect , no.... but no other animal is remotely close

AND TO GET ON TOPIC of thread

we are soooooo different from animals that it is rediculas to even suggest that their behaviors can be extrapolated

to make a point about alpha and beta pack animals.... if it exists in them at all , it’s a survival device to keep order in a pack

Note remote necessary for our survival

in humans .... we have library of laws for that!

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I hope you are just sort of joking, I always thought of you as a pretty intelligent fellow.

Now you lay down a certain degree of self hate but if you really think that you are really off the deepens

intellagence... we are soooo far from monkeys or even chimps,

25 percent of our calories are used to keep our brains going.

chimps use half that and there is a reason, we are way smarter

People get all excite when we teach a chimp our language... but while it’s a struggle for them to use a language we he have volumes and volumes of poetry and prose

they sometime use tools... we use tools to create micro electronics and 100 story buildings. Chimps eat there shit.... we have vast networks of plumbing

No compare

and infinitely adaptable....

We can survive and thrive in tribes of 20 all the way up to cities in the millions

From the jungle to the desert to the Arctic. Humans have been able to populate every continent of the earth....and then we stepped on the moon

The animals used to prey on us ...they are kept as pets

Monkeys a calculator....a calculator we made... that’s like a god handing you a magic item to use

Are human perfect , no.... but no other animal is remotely close

AND TO GET ON TOPIC of thread

we are soooooo different from animals that it is rediculas to even suggest that their behaviors can be extrapolated

to make a point about alpha and beta pack animals.... if it exists in them at all , it’s a survival device to keep order in a pack

Note remote necessary for our survival

in humans .... we have library of laws for that!

Yes, we are much better at being humans than chimps. No other animal can be as human as a human being. Aren't we so special? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but what you wrote is just ego. You want people to be special so you assign value to things that in the grand scheme of things don't matter.

Monkeys with delusions of grandeur. That's all we are and that will eventually be our downfall.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, we are much better at being humans than chimps. No other animal can be as human as a human being. Aren't we so special? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but what you wrote is just ego. You want people to be special so you assign value to things that in the grand scheme of things don't matter.

Monkeys with delusions of grandeur. That's all we are and that will eventually be our downfall.

This is funny.

I have openly criticized the human species on this forum lots. You've seen it. I agree with you, to a point.

We're not that special, no. But we are *that* different from any other species which has lived natively on this planet. Sodominsane did make good fucking points. It wasn't ego, I didn't read it that way at all. And I'm quick to point out arrogance and unearned egotistical bullshit..

I hate it so much when you're trolling and making logical points in the same thread. You fucker. :mad:

Inferior my ass. You're smart as fuck. Just wish you wouldn't apply to troll-shit.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
This is funny.

I have openly criticized the human species on this forum lots. You've seen it. I agree with you, to a point.

We're not that special, no. But we are *that* different from any other species which has lived natively on this planet. Sodominsane did make good fucking points. It wasn't ego, I didn't read it that way at all. And I'm quick to point out arrogance and unearned egotistical bullshit..

I hate it so much when you're trolling and making logical points in the same thread. You fucker. :mad:

Inferior my ass. You're smart as fuck. Just wish you wouldn't apply to troll-shit.

Not trolling, but OK.

We're different, but it is a matter of degrees. There isn't some special thing that humans have that all other animals lack. We're just smarter (maybe) and being land-based tool users are in the perfect position to put that intelligence to use. That's all.

There is in intrinsic value to poetry, art or engineering achievements like the moon landing. Their value is subjective. We value them because we're humans and we're hard wired to like our own stuff. Narcissism is built into our DNA.

When you look at the state of the world and human society, it becomes very easy to question the very idea of human intelligence. We are smart enough to create wonderful technologies, but not smart enough to implement this technology in a way that won't kill us or the planet. We can build large civilizations but they are so fragile and dysfunctional that simple greed by a small number of elites can bring everything down and in many cases more than half of each society's human capital goes to waste every generation. Truly we are special things made in the image of God! :barf:

Ever read Marvel Man, also called Miracleman in the US, by Alan Moore? It is a superhero story that has a great sci-fi idea in it. Human intelligence on the galactic scale, is not impressive in that story. To the aliens in Marvel Man human intelligence is to them is what dog intelligence is to us. I think if we ever meet intelligent alien life that is probably how it will be.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
A follow up . Are human special. Totally totally yes

I don’t think we have some magical awesomeness. But there is no animal remotely like us on the world today. Look at chimps...chimps look and act a fuck of a lot like banobos, dogs look a lot like wolves, rabbits vs hare, etc.

There is nothing on this planet remote close.

for better for worse. Hell it may be cause we kill off any close relative that looks like us( neadrathals) this is not a rah rah thing

a friend of mine.... who is pretty smart but not really formally educated once joke around that maybe we are from another planet (it’s a joke neither of us believe it )
However here were his points

1. comfort .... most people find that they are comfortable in a very limited temp range . About 68 to 75 degrees f

yet very few parts of the world stay that temp for long. My experiences even in the day to night that temp changes... we need clothing to protect from sun and winter.... my Rottweiler seems fine in just about any temp between 80 and 10 f

2. we have to coolk our food, every other animal just eats, we have to use a technology no other animal has, to modify are food daily

3. We HATE it here. When we show up somewhere wether it’s a new uninhabited island or you buy some land.... the first thing we do is modify how it looks . We favor straight lines , flat floors and colors that color patterns that don’t really come up in nature.

we gravitate to non nature accruing sounds (music) and light levels. Sunglasses in the day streetlights all night.

Reactions: 6inchcock

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not trolling, but OK.

We're different, but it is a matter of degrees. There isn't some special thing that humans have that all other animals lack. We're just smarter (maybe) and being land-based tool users are in the perfect position to put that intelligence to use. That's all.

There is in intrinsic value to poetry, art or engineering achievements like the moon landing. Their value is subjective. We value them because we're humans and we're hard wired to like our own stuff. Narcissism is built into our DNA.

When you look at the state of the world and human society, it becomes very easy to question the very idea of human intelligence. We are smart enough to create wonderful technologies, but not smart enough to implement this technology in a way that won't kill us or the planet. We can build large civilizations but they are so fragile and dysfunctional that simple greed by a small number of elites can bring everything down and in many cases more than half of each society's human capital goes to waste every generation. Truly we are special things made in the image of God! :barf:

Ever read Marvel Man, also called Miracleman in the US, by Alan Moore? It is a superhero story that has a great sci-fi idea in it. Human intelligence on the galactic scale, is not impressive in that story. To the aliens in Marvel Man human intelligence is to them is what dog intelligence is to us. I think if we ever meet intelligent alien life that is probably how it will be.

There are things that separate us from other animals (in particular, mammals). That’s why we aren’t apes. Larger, more complex brains that give us the ability to create and use tools. Opposable thumbs to help grip said tools. Are we perfect? Fuck no, not even close. Our bodies are on the tail end of evolving. The bigger brain also let us create things like religion, war, and other atrocities. Doesn’t mean that trait is bad, it just got used for sinister purposes. We are also more rational animals (in the grand scheme), and more sentient than other animal life.

Because your impression of yourself isn’t high, and we have millions (I’m being nice here) of shit humans throughout history, that doesn’t mean we aren’t a pretty cool species. A few degrees of difference in DNA is a major difference. We definitely need to do better with our abilities, but we can’t paint ourselves with such a wide brush.

Reminds me of lyrics from One of my favorite songs:
“Because we're animals
With golden rules who,
Who can't be moved
By rational views”

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea WTF this thread is about...but I have to admit you guys had me at "monkey's with calculators"
Same. Doesn’t bode well regarding my “we are indeed special” line. Also, gonna go look at some boobs. I can almost feel my opposable thumbs regressing...

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
A follow up . Are human special. Totally totally yes

I don’t think we have some magical awesomeness. But there is no animal remotely like us on the world today. Look at chimps...chimps look and act a fuck of a lot like banobos, dogs look a lot like wolves, rabbits vs hare, etc.

There is nothing on this planet remote close.

for better for worse. Hell it may be cause we kill off any close relative that looks like us( neadrathals) this is not a rah rah thing

a friend of mine.... who is pretty smart but not really formally educated once joke around that maybe we are from another planet (it’s a joke neither of us believe it )
However here were his points

1. comfort .... most people find that they are comfortable in a very limited temp range . About 68 to 75 degrees f

yet very few parts of the world stay that temp for long. My experiences even in the day to night that temp changes... we need clothing to protect from sun and winter.... my Rottweiler seems fine in just about any temp between 80 and 10 f

2. we have to coolk our food, every other animal just eats, we have to use a technology no other animal has, to modify are food daily

3. We HATE it here. When we show up somewhere wether it’s a new uninhabited island or you buy some land.... the first thing we do is modify how it looks . We favor straight lines , flat floors and colors that color patterns that don’t really come up in nature.

we gravitate to non nature accruing sounds (music) and light levels. Sunglasses in the day streetlights all night.

But we are pretty close to chimps and other primates. It's just ego and this narcissistic desire to be special that makes you think otherwise. Even you admit that we were even closer to some of our evolutionary cousins like neanderthals. There even other arguments you can make, but you can't make them without coming off as a Trump supporter, so I will stop here on that point.

The things you bring up that supposedly make us special aren't even all that special. Lots of animals change their environment to suit their needs and attach objects to their bodies to protect against the environment. We don't do anything that isn't already done in nature. Sorry, not special.

What you wrote about us, "hating it here" really proves my point. We're so obsessed with being special and unique that we hate the world that birthed us, because as long as we're here we know in our hearts that we're not special. That we are just animals. So we change the world. Going so far as to make it not only unrecognizable but also harmful to us. Sad. I wonder if this over-inflated ego also killed the neanderthals. Their existence was just a reminder that we aren't special and we can't have that. Genocide to soothe the ego. Depressing. If human beings are special, it's only because we're a special kind of trash.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
There are things that separate us from other animals (in particular, mammals). That’s why we aren’t apes. Larger, more complex brains that give us the ability to create and use tools. Opposable thumbs to help grip said tools. Are we perfect? Fuck no, not even close. Our bodies are on the tail end of evolving. The bigger brain also let us create things like religion, war, and other atrocities. Doesn’t mean that trait is bad, it just got used for sinister purposes. We are also more rational animals (in the grand scheme), and more sentient than other animal life.

Because your impression of yourself isn’t high, and we have millions (I’m being nice here) of shit humans throughout history, that doesn’t mean we aren’t a pretty cool species. A few degrees of difference in DNA is a major difference. We definitely need to do better with our abilities, but we can’t paint ourselves with such a wide brush.

Reminds me of lyrics from One of my favorite songs:
“Because we're animals
With golden rules who,
Who can't be moved
By rational views”

The tail end of evolving? LOL You are a human. All ego.

We are different from chimps, but different in the same way a chimp is different from a gorilla. Different species> Yeah. A wholly separate thing for which nothing else o the planet even comes close? No. Not at all.

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The tail end of evolving? LOL You are a human. All ego.

We are different from chimps, but different in the same way a chimp is different from a gorilla. Different species> Yeah. A wholly separate thing for which nothing else o the planet even comes close? No. Not at all.
Ego? Yes, but not in the way you are using that term. We are superior, Brain wise, to any other beings. That’s not arrogant, it’s a widely accepted notion. We are the top of the food chain. We are still shitty animals too, that use our advantages for bad, or overlook their downsides. What I meant about being the tail end of evolving is that our physical beings are still nowhere near “optimal” and are far behind out cerebral progress. If anything, it’s a knock at our species, far from “all ego” as you claim. Sharks haven’t needed to evolve physically, basically ever. Other mammals give birth to offspring ready to walk. Our advanced mental capacities compensate for our physical shortcomings. While we are intelligent and sentient, we are physically falling short in comparison to other mammals.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Ego? Yes, but not in the way you are using that term. We are superior, Brain wise, to any other beings. That’s not arrogant, it’s a widely accepted notion. We are the top of the food chain. We are still shitty animals too, that use our advantages for bad, or overlook their downsides. What I meant about being the tail end of evolving is that our physical beings are still nowhere near “optimal” and are far behind out cerebral progress. If anything, it’s a knock at our species, far from “all ego” as you claim. Sharks haven’t needed to evolve physically, basically ever. Other mammals give birth to offspring ready to walk. Our advanced mental capacities compensate for our physical shortcomings. While we are intelligent and sentient, we are physically falling short in comparison to other mammals.

We are intellectually superior to other animals. Even I wouldn't deny that. Although we're not as superior as some people want to believe. I doubt that we are at the pinnacle of what can be achieved mentally through biological evolution. If we are then that is the saddest thing of all and perfectly explains why we've never encountered alien life.