Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had an inguinal hernia repair (laproscopic) back in 2017. The actual operation wasn't bad. I was bed ridden for about 3 and was up walking around after that. Couldn't lift anything for three weeks but has no restrictions after that. It's been a few years now and I get occasional groin pain on my ride side. I've had it checked out a few times now and the mesh hasn't shifted and doesn't seem to be any tacks near any nerves. The doctors think it to be either scar tissue or a trapped nerve somewhere. Currently doing physical therapy to try to figure out this pain.

Reactions: CUBE

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had my inguinal hernia op exactly a week ago. No problems. A few observations:

UK NHS has deleted the hernia waiting list because of the coronavirus backlog and will only operate if a medical emergency arises. I went private. Total cost with the bits and pieces about £3,000. There’s probably a newspaper story here in the NHS reducing its waiting list by taking people off the list.

I was at the hospital about 7.30am, and went to the theatre about 9.30. The surgery was open with a mesh put in and therefore a general anaesthetic. I was told not to shave in advance. Apparently they are concerned about self-inflicted nicks and possible infection.

A general anaesthetic was a new experience for me. It was no big deal. When I came round I found an oxygen mask somewhat disconcerting, though this came off almost at once. I had no ill effects at all. I was on my feet in about an hour and perfectly steady. I had some discomfort but nothing I could really call pain.

As I live on my own the routine is an overnight stay. What I hadn’t expected is that I was ravenously hungry all day and indeed subsequently. The private hospital meals were good and plentiful. I was discharged 7am the following morning, taxi home.

In the last week I’ve had some discomfort but no pain. I was sent home with co-codamol, but I’ve taken hardly any. I was walking (including stairs) from the start. My scar is 8cm and very tidy. Stitches are the dissolvable sort. There’s quite a lot of bruising but already signs that it is going. I’m getting quite tired. Today a week on from the op I’ve done maybe three mikes of local walking. I might have another stroll out later. I’m being good and not driving but actually there’s no reason I shouldn’t. I’m doing some work (though a lot has been shovelled over to a colleague). I’m being very careful not to pick anything up.

As this is lpsg I might as well mention that bruising tracks down to cock and balls. I’m wearing the tightest undies I have to hold everything in place. I don’t know how long pubic hair takes to regrow but I want it back! For that matter I have a large patch shaved on my thigh which I understand was used to attach an earth lead, as the surgeon used some electrical equipment. How long do leg hairs take to grow? I would look odd in shorts.

Basically I’m thrilled to have this done, and I can put up with a bit of discomfort. And it really is just discomfort.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Two weeks from op. Scar neatly healed and not particularly visible. Bruising fast going. Some slight tenderness but nothing resembling pain. I’m walking and driving, and actually feel I could do anything. I’m being very careful not to lift anything of course. And I feel well.

Just thought I would post a good news story for the benefit of anyone waiting on a hernia op. The whole experience has been very easy. Now I have to wait for hair to regrow, which will cover much of the scar.

Reactions: lv3500

lv3500

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two weeks from op. Scar neatly healed and not particularly visible. Bruising fast going. Some slight tenderness but nothing resembling pain. I’m walking and driving, and actually feel I could do anything. I’m being very careful not to lift anything of course. And I feel well.

Just thought I would post a good news story for the benefit of anyone waiting on a hernia op. The whole experience has been very easy. Now I have to wait for hair to regrow, which will cover much of the scar.

Awesome news :emoji_thumbsup:

My scar is still visible but not bothered by it anymore. It’s definitely a relief to get the surgery over and done with.. In my case I could barely stand or walk for extended time before having pain set in (before repair).

FatCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's such a common thing, that it's no big deal.

I stayed in the hospital from 11 Am till 6h30 pm. I think you can only leave when you pee. Oh, and before I went to the hospital, I had to shower with a special sponge (that came with a special gel).

The pain. I was under general anesthesia. Although, when I woke up I was not drugged. I was OK, I think... Just a bit confused because I didn't knew the time (but lucky for me there was one in from on my bed) and I woke up feeling like I had the best sleep I ever had. Then, I got painkillers for 3 and 6 days. The first 3 were stronger pills. They also gave me SOS pills. The most pain I felt was in the first two days, when I was watching TV and saw people running and walking and I couldn't. On day 4 I could walk normally and thought I don't need this pills. I waited two hours and saw I needed them

They told me that I could get back to exercising in 3 or 4 weeks, but I couldn't lift weights for 2/3 months. You will fell something in the next 6 months. You can't streach that area as much as you could. But after 4 years, I rarely fell something.

I would say the only thing that happened to me that I think it was not normal, it was a pain that I get in the middle of my belly button and my dick when I was sitting poorly. Also, a vein on the base of my dick popped out. But after months got back to normal. Oh, expect some hard morning wood.

I'm from Portugal, so things might be a little different. The operation and the pills were free (payed by the state, no insurance). But when I had to change the "band aid" I had to pay like 7€ (more or less 7$ too) and I did it 2 times. After 3 weeks I got my staples removed (it did hurt a bit, but it's bearable. I did not take pills, but maybe save one for that moment if you not sure. Idk, better ask a doctor about that. Also, I got a one year follow-up with a doctor and a nurse during the first week called me I think at day 2 (or 3) and 6. And I was given a number to call if anything would happen.

I like to be in control, so it was difficult for me the actual day, because I did not know what was happening. I went to 3 or 4 different rooms before the operation room. But it's fine. I just hate that I couldn't keep those plastic briefs they gave me.

djhguy

Experimental Member
Media
I had a hernia mesh surgery 3 days ago and I am still in pain every time that I move. And my balls have swollen to the size of a grapefruit! Hoping that things improve over the next few days.

Reactions: LowerCapeCod

LargeUnit

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a hernia mesh surgery 3 days ago and I am still in pain every time that I move. And my balls have swollen to the size of a grapefruit! Hoping that things improve over the next few days.

This is more like the experience. I had 2 small ones repaired 2 years ago and anyone that says you’ll be done in a day or two is wrong.
You will be sore as F*ck and just moving will hurt for several days. It was about a solid month before I was moving freely but still didn’t lift much.
Take it easy and be patient - but don’t think it’s just a day or two.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is more like the experience. I had 2 small ones repaired 2 years ago and anyone that says you’ll be done in a day or two is wrong.
You will be sore as F*ck and just moving will hurt for several days. It was about a solid month before I was moving freely but still didn’t lift much.
Take it easy and be patient - but don’t think it’s just a day or two.

I can only say everyone’s experience is different. Mine was done 1st July. I had minimal pain and didn’t take prescribed painkillers. I was driving after a week, though no real reason why it couldn’t have been sooner. Lockdown means a lot ot work is from home, but I did do a commuter train journey and day of city walking ten days after. I had slight discomfort which went very quickly. It’s now almost two months after the op and I’ve forgotten about it. I’m still being very careful not to lift much, though this is really just me being very cautious as I’ve been signed off by the surgeon.

I had the non-keyhole procedure. I’ve a scar about three inches long which is not particularly noticeable, and still fading. Hair regrowth seems to take forever! I would have expected more in two months.

My treatment was in UK. Reading this thread (and others on the net) there seems to be a difference in experience on either side of the pond. Just a thought - does UK have better trained and monitored surgeons for this procedure? In UK it is treated as major surgery, so isn’t done by surgeons who got through their exams on the third retake.

AlextheRedhead

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Couple of years ago I noticed my belly button protruding and had a umbilical hernia. Had mesh surgery and it went back to normal.
Now I have a epigastric hernia. That is one that is above the belly button and below the rib cage. I'll get that repaired when this covid spike is over. No pain but I can't exercise my abs. I think I got them from exercise and age.

Here is the before and after umbilical hernia with some dick hehe...
Before my belly button was pushed out, after repair it is in.
2021-09-21.png
1467124840-lg.jpg

Reactions: Beardon

williamsw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have a severe groin hernia where my one testicle was badly damaged , my surgery was almost 3 .5 hours and i was sore for 3 weeks, they also had to cut my ball sack to relive the pressure in on my testicles

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
(I know this was started a year ago, and I'm sure the OP's surgery is long over, but am posting some thoughts for anyone who might be facing their first hernia surgery.)

I've had three inguinal hernias and three umbilical. My experience was pretty good on all three, but a couple of warnings:

- Make sure they put you out. There may be some tugging and the local anesthesia isn't sufficient to avoid some discomfort.
- Don't overdo it for the first couple of weeks. Don't try to be a hero and push yourself. I tried that once and will never do it again. I ended up in the ER with pulled stitches and an infection. Lil Rambler was on open display with multiple nurses, doctors and - at one point - a group of students coming in. A buddy of mine pushed too hard and ended up with a permanent problem. Be a baby if you need to, don't push the recovery.
- Make sure you find out if there were any complications. My last one turned out to have been a larger repair than expected and I was worried that a week later I was still using a cane. The doctor said "that's not surprising given what we had to do." Um, huh? Make sure you know if there were any surprises.
- Take the pain pills. Nobody ever got brownie points for enduring pain.
- The assistant won't shave you completely. Shave the other side for aesthetics. Having half a bush is distracting.

user3833

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had my inguinal hernia op exactly a week ago. No problems. A few observations:

UK NHS has deleted the hernia waiting list because of the coronavirus backlog and will only operate if a medical emergency arises. I went private. Total cost with the bits and pieces about £3,000. There’s probably a newspaper story here in the NHS reducing its waiting list by taking people off the list.

I was at the hospital about 7.30am, and went to the theatre about 9.30. The surgery was open with a mesh put in and therefore a general anaesthetic. I was told not to shave in advance. Apparently they are concerned about self-inflicted nicks and possible infection.

A general anaesthetic was a new experience for me. It was no big deal. When I came round I found an oxygen mask somewhat disconcerting, though this came off almost at once. I had no ill effects at all. I was on my feet in about an hour and perfectly steady. I had some discomfort but nothing I could really call pain.

As I live on my own the routine is an overnight stay. What I hadn’t expected is that I was ravenously hungry all day and indeed subsequently. The private hospital meals were good and plentiful. I was discharged 7am the following morning, taxi home.

In the last week I’ve had some discomfort but no pain. I was sent home with co-codamol, but I’ve taken hardly any. I was walking (including stairs) from the start. My scar is 8cm and very tidy. Stitches are the dissolvable sort. There’s quite a lot of bruising but already signs that it is going. I’m getting quite tired. Today a week on from the op I’ve done maybe three mikes of local walking. I might have another stroll out later. I’m being good and not driving but actually there’s no reason I shouldn’t. I’m doing some work (though a lot has been shovelled over to a colleague). I’m being very careful not to pick anything up.

As this is lpsg I might as well mention that bruising tracks down to cock and balls. I’m wearing the tightest undies I have to hold everything in place. I don’t know how long pubic hair takes to regrow but I want it back! For that matter I have a large patch shaved on my thigh which I understand was used to attach an earth lead, as the surgeon used some electrical equipment. How long do leg hairs take to grow? I would look odd in shorts.

Basically I’m thrilled to have this done, and I can put up with a bit of discomfort. And it really is just discomfort.
It will be good to see how the scar looks, I'll have the same op this friday

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It will be good to see how the scar looks, I'll have the same op this friday

Good luck for Friday. Hope yours is as straightforward as mine was. For me it’s now nine months on. The scar isn’t really visible. A lot is beneath pubic hair, and anyway it is is really just a faint line going with the crease of the body. It’s quite possible not to notice it.

Reactions: user3833

user3833

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck for Friday. Hope yours is as straightforward as mine was. For me it’s now nine months on. The scar isn’t really visible. A lot is beneath pubic hair, and anyway it is is really just a faint line going with the crease of the body. It’s quite possible not to notice it.
Thanks!! I'll share how it goes when it's done

grandstand1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mine was 20 years ago. It went fine. I still have to watch about lifting but it has not re occurred... Even though I thought it had several times. When I woke up they had shaved me... I have no idea how "Richard" behaved...

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mine was 20 years ago. It went fine. I still have to watch about lifting but it has not re occurred... Even though I thought it had several times. When I woke up they had shaved me... I have no idea how "Richard" behaved...

I’ve been very careful about not lifting things. I suspect I could have done a lot more than I did in the early weeks, and probably could do lots more now. However I don’t want either the same hernia to go again or one on the other side, where there is presumably a comparable weakness.

Yes being shaved was part of the process and re-growth took a while. A patch shaved on my thigh (for attaching an earth cable because they used electric tools to “stitch” me up) took ages to regrow and looked really weird.