Historic figure

None. Other people's perceptions of an individual don't mean I'll perceive them the same way. I haven't known any historical figures before they died, so without knowing the people? None. Personality + behavior rank pretty substantially, versus someone having done some interesting things or some good things in their life span. I wouldn't date someone based off of an autobiography or a biography...

Loads probably, and then I'd come back here and provide insights and character references. - And of course all the relevant information.
So what made you think of this question (it is kind of a fun and lighthearted one)? Have you been sat alone ruminating on whether Hitler did have only one ball ? Was Napoleon overcompensating? Why would Van Gogh cut off his ear and send it to a woman in a brothel? These are the kinds of questions I often ask myself, and it's infuriating, almost too much to bear, that we will never know the answers.

Reactions: Enid and AlteredEgo

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I'm going to come right out and say Jesus. Seriously. And knowing what I know now I would warn him that people are going to do some pretty crazy things using his name including killing others. I know he would be appalled.

I can hear him now, "I told them specifically not to do those things? Were they even listening?"

I'd pick up the tab.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Akhenaten. I find his era of Egyptian history to be crazy fascinating. I wouldn't want to date him. I want to pick his brain. Learn his motivations, what aspirations he had for Egypt. Then I would totally hit on his fine ass woman. :imp:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Andre Breton! His love poetry was epic and wonderful and weird.

"You pretend not to know I am watching you
Marvelously I am no longer sure you know
You idleness brings tears to my eyes
A swarm of interpretations surrounds each of your gestures
It's a honeydew hunt"

He was insanely talented, far ahead of his time. I want to learn about pure psychic automatism, from him.

Also, Joseph Cornell. To be able to watch him construct one of his boxes would have been like watching Monet paint his waterlillies.

Joseph Cornell's Boxes Coax, Captivate, and Channel Juan Gris

I suppose this is, like Mickey said, more of a "I want to date your brain" situation. Though....IMO, Breton was also HOT.

Last edited:

Since my fantasy of a fling with a cave man probably doesn't count, I'm going to say Sir Francis Drake. I always wanted to see the world by boat.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Akhenaten. I find his era of Egyptian history to be crazy fascinating. I wouldn't want to date him. I want to pick his brain. Learn his motivations, what aspirations he had for Egypt. Then I would totally hit on his fine ass woman. :imp:
Didn’t the embalmers pick his brain?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Folks necrothreading made me think for half a second that soren was back. Ugh.

Same.

If only someone had recorded the individual uughhhhhs and eye rolls from each Coven member when this OP/thread popped up.

A virtual a Capella choir of "not this shit again" exhaustion/annoyance.

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Based on this portrait of Jesus via anthropological and historical data, Jesus. Knowing he was among the most compassionate and selfless of men of his day doesn't hurt either. Save me daddy :heart_eyes:

UfsHqLQ.jpg