Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi all bodybuilders and friends,

I'm being quarantined for several months and feel like working out but i have difficulties arranging a proper plan. Do you guys previously experience fat loss exercise or maybe ingredients/meals and can guide me some lines, please? Thanks in advance.

I'm at 82-83kg and 176cm (dunno in feet probably 5'10")

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Eat/drink less, do more.

Eliminate soda, beer, and booze - lots of calories and no beneficial nutrients.

Cut portion sizes. No snacking after 7:00 pm.
been doing it recently, do u have any recommendations for workout session?

Reactions: Gj816

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You’re quarantined but are you allowed to go outside to exercise? If so, start running long distances. Put in 30-40 miles a week and you’ll lose weight.
sadly no, I have to stay at home. And about running, I have some difficulties with me accessory navicular in my feet and can not run for too long :<< However some cardio exercise is no problem, instead. It's kinda weird

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
sadly no, I have to stay at home. And about running, I have some difficulties with me accessory navicular in my feet and can not run for too long :<< However some cardio exercise is no problem, instead. It's kinda weird

Do you have stairs at home?

You need to find a rhythm that works for you that is sustainable… yes the basic principles of altering diet and upping exercise are great, but they need to be sustainable otherwise you won’t commit

also they have to be balanced and right for you, if you are upping your cardio then you need to ensure you are fuelling correctly to do so

in the abscence of being able to walk every day, if you have stairs I would start to set yourself targets of doing reps up and down each day

Reactions: Gj816 and well8hung

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do you have stairs at home?

You need to find a rhythm that works for you that is sustainable… yes the basic principles of altering diet and upping exercise are great, but they need to be sustainable otherwise you won’t commit

also they have to be balanced and right for you, if you are upping your cardio then you need to ensure you are fuelling correctly to do so

in the abscence of being able to walk every day, if you have stairs I would start to set yourself targets of doing reps up and down each day
Thank you, this does help a lot

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Body weight exercises and cardio.

Running is off my options because I like my knees and don’t want them filing separation papers. I question long sessions of jumping jacks, but do use them.

I focus on flexibility, cardio and body weight exercise, in that order.
Cardio can look like aerobic dance.
Trawl YouTube and find some options you will do.

on the kitchen side, focus on adding vegetables and fruit, fiber, and limiting added fat and sugars.

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thank you, this does help a lot
No worries, it’s about finding options that work for you, there is no hard and fast template as everyone functions differently

The other thing I would say is only get on the scales once a week… same time every week….

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Body weight exercises and cardio.

Running is off my options because I like my knees and don’t want them filing separation papers. I question long sessions of jumping jacks, but do use them.

I focus on flexibility, cardio and body weight exercise, in that order.
Cardio can look like aerobic dance.
Trawl YouTube and find some options you will do.

on the kitchen side, focus on adding vegetables and fruit, fiber, and limiting added fat and sugars.
That's great. How about carbonhydrates? should I cut down drastically or not?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That's great. How about carbonhydrates? should I cut down drastically or not?
I’m only half through my nutrition training (for certification), but I’m a nutrition nerd with a plant based slant. So this isn’t official advice, just my personal guideline.
I say make the carbs whole, keep them under 50 percent of the plate (the 33/33/33 option works for many people, I do better on less fats). More important is less “food” from boxes.

I watch the noodle and rice. It’s easy for me to get brown rice, and there’s usually a whole grain noodle available. If your location is accurate, I am not sure how popular unpolished rice is.

Reactions: Gj816 and well8hung

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m only half through my nutrition training (for certification), but I’m a nutrition nerd with a plant based slant. So this isn’t official advice, just my personal guideline.
I say make the carbs whole, keep them under 50 percent of the plate (the 33/33/33 option works for many people, I do better on less fats). More important is less “food” from boxes.

I watch the noodle and rice. It’s easy for me to get brown rice, and there’s usually a whole grain noodle available. If your location is accurate, I am not sure how popular unpolished rice is.
We do have that kind of rice. Thanks for your very informative advice! ^^

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

This would also have been my nutritional advice. And the 33/33/33 breakout for protein/fats/carbs is what has worked for me for many years.
Another rule of thumb I used was ideal lean body weight in pounds (and your 82kg = 180lbs) equals grams of proteins per day.
The remark about brown rice (unpolished) is also on target. I also do not eat starchy carbs (like rice, noodles, bread, or potatoes) after lunch UNLESS I have done a heavy weight workout.
Perhaps your workouts could include yoga?
How about goblet squats? These could be with any kind of heavy household item (a pot or jar filled with water?). These can burn a lot of calories because you are using the largest muscles in your body: quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes.

well8hung

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This would also have been my nutritional advice. And the 33/33/33 breakout for protein/fats/carbs is what has worked for me for many years.
Another rule of thumb I used was ideal lean body weight in pounds (and your 82kg = 180lbs) equals grams of proteins per day.
The remark about brown rice (unpolished) is also on target. I also do not eat starchy carbs (like rice, noodles, bread, or potatoes) after lunch UNLESS I have done a heavy weight workout.
Perhaps your workouts could include yoga?
How about goblet squats? These could be with any kind of heavy household item (a pot or jar filled with water?). These can burn a lot of calories because you are using the largest muscles in your body: quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes.
Thanks a lot for your advice, I may try to perform some today! ^^