Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My laelia orchid bloomed for the first time.

2 big beautiful flowers. They opened on the most perfect day possible. She would have been 2, and I bought this plant in her memory. So, this is by far the most special flower show of my life. 2 flowers for her 2nd unbirthday. I miss my baby.
IMG_20210809_092020689~2.jpg

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

FOOD & DRINK
28 Excellent Outdoor Dining Options in NYC

The Burning Hills Amphitheater is a little like LA's Hollywood Bowl… only with a lot more elk. From the top row, the vast badlands of Theodore Roosevelt National Park spread out into the distance. On the butte directly behind the stage, a Hollywood-like, multi-story sign reading “Medora” fills the hillside where, today, a couple of elk are prancing in full view.

funny how i share such
when its not really my thing/thang usa ha
what the,why not,others maybe interested huh

iXryrCTZlyQJwxkB5DTH6SnakngC0msBcWRDORE1mNKRwTdvl9HBnZQaOrmJIfzfaCfxFQ7O13smMqVHr9DVZesukc9qfA=s0-d-e1-ft

iXryrCTZlyQJwxkB5DTH6SnakngC0msBcWRDORE1mNKRwTdvl9HBnZQaOrmJIfzfaCfxFQ7O13smMqVHr9DVZesukc9qfA=s0-d-e1-ft

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My laelia orchid bloomed for the first time.

2 big beautiful flowers. They opened on the most perfect day possible. She would have been 2, and I bought this plant in her memory. So, this is by far the most special flower show of my life. 2 flowers for her 2nd unbirthday. I miss my baby.
View attachment 39854641
My love has admitted she does not have a green thumb, yet her Orchards are going amazingly well. Her babies as she calls her plants have always thrived under her care. Next time they flower, I'll place a photo here.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I just came back from the "garden". It's been 100 off and on this summer. I can shade and water all I want but... It's tough!

In the spring:
Lots of lettuce, radishes, carrots, beets (we boil and eat the greens), kale, cucumbers.
I got a nice return of potatoes (grown from market organic gold potatoes).

Some tomatoes but the heat started cooking them even with shade cloth. The Roma is full and green but no fruit after the first pickings. The Brandywine heirloom tomato plant is 7' tall! But it gave me only 4 fruit. But each was almost a 1 pound in weight!
Same with my heirloom bell pepper plant... A few picked by it just died fast with the heat.

If it starts to cool just a bit I will regroup and do it again for our warm fall. I did start more potatoes since they will be underground for a while.

Themissingframe

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've really gotten into plants the last three to four years. I started with some basics but unfortunately even though I tried to do my due diligence and learn about the plants I would buy, they'd die. Really had a black thumb and have have for the most part have found my way to a green thumb. My apartment doesn't get the best lighting here in LA so I've invested in having grow lights to help with that which has made a huge difference. At this point I have accumulated way too many plants. I probably have like 20 something in my bedroom alone. So I'm at that stage in the game where if I really want to buy a plant, it has to be a thoughtful choice which happens to be rarer plants which is costly. I would say that I have found that favor philodendrons and most of my collection are of that family. For whatever reason no matter what I do, I do not do well with prayer plants or begonia rexs and I'm totally fine with that now. I recently started experimenting with fruit seeds that I had and am growing my own loquats and they're doing really well! I probably will need to separate them at some point as I threw like nine seeds in one medium sized pot. They might make nice gifts for friends of mine who own homes! Also just tried throwing a date seed into some soil and theres like an inch of growth out of nowhere. Random choices but hey its fun.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've really gotten into plants the last three to four years. I started with some basics but unfortunately even though I tried to do my due diligence and learn about the plants I would buy, they'd die. Really had a black thumb and have have for the most part have found my way to a green thumb. My apartment doesn't get the best lighting here in LA so I've invested in having grow lights to help with that which has made a huge difference. At this point I have accumulated way too many plants. I probably have like 20 something in my bedroom alone. So I'm at that stage in the game where if I really want to buy a plant, it has to be a thoughtful choice which happens to be rarer plants which is costly. I would say that I have found that favor philodendrons and most of my collection are of that family. For whatever reason no matter what I do, I do not do well with prayer plants or begonia rexs and I'm totally fine with that now. I recently started experimenting with fruit seeds that I had and am growing my own loquats and they're doing really well! I probably will need to separate them at some point as I threw like nine seeds in one medium sized pot. They might make nice gifts for friends of mine who own homes! Also just tried throwing a date seed into some soil and theres like an inch of growth out of nowhere. Random choices but hey its fun.
Good luck with your date seed (plant) I have planted one and now it has five long leaves on it after a few years in a 5" pot. I would separate your loquat seedlings to their own pots sooner rather than later before the roots become too entwined with each other making it harder to divide them and cause more transplant shock.

Themissingframe

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck with your date seed (plant) I have planted one and now it has five long leaves on it after a few years in a 5" pot. I would separate your loquat seedlings to their own pots sooner rather than later before the roots become too entwined with each other making it harder to divide them and cause more transplant shock.

Thank you! How long have you been growing your date for?

Good point, I'll definitely separate them soon and gift a few away since I don't have enough available pots at the moment and really don't need nine haha. I'd say they're all around from the soil up, 5 - 6 inches tall, though the first one that sprouted is a solid inch taller than the rest.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rounding out the Florida sucks balls but has a great fall growing season garden. While melon hunting I found this...

Mickey-Lee-Gold-new_grande.jpg

:neutral:

This rest of the garden is packed with tomatoes, cuz yummy, peas, peppers, herbs and critter/crawly friendly plants.

My froggo/gecko window is a huge hit for the kittehs *no sticky toed beings are injured* I'm looking for a plant to attract night feeding buggies to the window. Something that doesn't smell like a bucket of week-old anus left out in the sun.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rounding out the Florida sucks balls but has a great fall growing season garden. While melon hunting I found this...

Mickey-Lee-Gold-new_grande.jpg

:neutral:

This rest of the garden is packed with tomatoes, cuz yummy, peas, peppers, herbs and critter/crawly friendly plants.

My froggo/gecko window is a huge hit for the kittehs *no sticky toed beings are injured* I'm looking for a plant to attract night feeding buggies to the window. Something that doesn't smell like a bucket of week-old anus left out in the sun.

uhmmm
i could be mean ml,and suggest 'suttons seeds of sucess'
ie breed/bring on my long lost aliens,o/in the in then halloween period ha

arbe
intent on breeeeeding aliens,to combat you/we know who huh

Reactions: Mzseduction

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thank you! How long have you been growing your date for?

Good point, I'll definitely separate them soon and gift a few away since I don't have enough available pots at the moment and really don't need nine haha. I'd say they're all around from the soil up, 5 - 6 inches tall, though the first one that sprouted is a solid inch taller than the rest.
I have been growing my date plant for at least 3 or 4 years maybe longer I don't remember exactly how long. I would keep the taller loquat and one or two other as a backup and gift the rest.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Update of my variegated Monstera…she’s unfurling here...with a new big leaf in back of my Monstera Deliciosa …:) View attachment 42840631

commonly called salad plant/no
well thats what ive always called ours
got so huge,we planted her outside
uhmmmm,talk about big/bigger ha

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
D

deleted5791141

CDD599CD-1228-439B-B535-2ACCF83167A6.jpeg
D43CB1A9-B031-4A6C-8033-C9B5A4264620.jpeg
The pomegranates are ready to harvest! They are super sweet this year - we just cut the first one open and they’re big - a little bigger than a good size grapefruit.

The Meyer lemon tree is also getting ready to give us some lemons soon. I spotted this lovely praying mantis on it earlier today.