How can I find out if my friend is interested in me?

FelixM

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a friend who says he's straight...I have known him for a long time, and I think he is very cute...he has been spending alot of time at my house the last couple of months and when we're alone we have very intimate conversations...I'm in a rocky relationship i don't think is gonna last much longer...my friend and I have gotten very close in the last few months...he's even asked me about sex and I've admittedly told him I like to give blowjobs and I told him about another guy I knew who was straight and this other guy and me hooked up quite regularly for a couple of years...my friend asks me almost everytime we talk lately how me and my boyfriend are getting along, i don't know if he's doing it out of concern or is he kinda subtly telling me he's attracted to me? if there is any chance of me and my friend having anything I wanna know how I can know if he actually is interested in me?

horsey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hmmm...always a difficult one. If your pal is straight, and you make the wrong assumption and move, you risk losing him. Through my experience, I would err on the side of caution.
Is it worth the risk?

FelixM

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he's been spending alot of time at my house...thing is we're both in relationships, though mine is on the verge on ending...me and my boyfriend fight and we don't have sex...I don't know how often him and his girlfriend have sex, doesn't seem to be much, because he's at my house at least3 days a week, sometimes more...we just dropped him off at 2:30 (an hour ago)

If you value him as a friend error on the side of caution.

Girlfriends are like wives; don't try to gauge his relationship with her by how often they meet or have sex. Assume he is legitimately concerned for you as a friend and leave it at that. He knows your preference and if he is wanting to swing your way he will figure out how to make a move.

thisrighthere

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would leave it alone. He is straight, and he identifies as a straight male. Even if you are gay--its not right to weasel your way into anyone's sexual identity.

Him asking might not even be concern, just interest. Guys frequently ask other guys about their relationships.

Respect the relationship you have. Don't try twisting his interest away from women; rather embrace it. Cupid's arrow will strike you eventually.