How Do You Feel About How The Adult Industry Refers To Us?

I'll be blunt, so I apologize if I offended people here. I'm transgender myself, so the adult industry isn't my favourite industry in some ways, although I think it's great for expressing sexuality. However, it is also problematic for perpetuating negative interpretations of transgender people, women in particular. Names like trans and trans are common names used, and people either don't know or don't care that the terms are offensive.

I actually just realized that the two words I used were automatically edited (that's awesome).

Reactions: confidential36

pretzelslut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To be perfectly honest, the largest market in the adult film industry is targeted towards the more misogynistic demographic anyways, i.e; brazzers, fake taxi, blacked. And popular niches are always geared towards degradation and male domination. To put it bluntly, the only positive representation of the trans community in the industry is through self promotion and production.

But we gotta take things with a grain of salt as well, the adult industry is based upon the entire premise of removing the individual from the sex and intimacy. The best models and content producers are ones who can professionally detach themselves from their performances without losing the chemistry, which is like asking someone to dehumanize themselves.

D

deleted6505551

Honestly I care little what terms the adult industry uses to describe us. It's marketing, period. I am far more upset with phrasing normal, everyday people use. I try to be patient and try to help people understand but when they open with things like manboobs or boy pussy I have a hard time being understanding.

D

deleted6505551

( Quoted post by non-trans person deleted by moderator )

Honestly it's difficult these days to completely avoid offending people 100% of the time. I am in the midst of transitioning and I find the long list of preferred pronouns impossible to keep up with. My preference is to get to a persons name whenever possible. If you call me Alyssa or Aly rather than struggle at making a guess at a pronoun you're golden. I don't even get offended at being misgendered. What annoys me is when i go through all i do to grow breasts to project my lack of masculinity just to have a guy hit on me and call them manboobs. I don’t ever want a masculine label applied to me or my body parts. But even then I try to explain to a guy making that mistake. Most people, like you, are trying to be nice. I think trans folk need to understand that and help them understand us rather than take instant offense. Intent matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bittydrew
D

deleted6505551

( Quoted post by non-trans person deleted by moderator )

We're not so far apart. Maybe we should meet up so you can practice not offending a trans girl.

Last edited by a moderator: