Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A quick glance at my posting history will show you I'm a total music nerd. I've spent whole days in a city's various record shops. My nights out are almost always to see live music.
When it come to favourite tv shows or movies I'm nerdy about those too - I classify that as re-watching dvd episodes with the commentaries on. I don't really know if I'm in a small minority doing that, I know my friends never bother with these dvd extras.
Books used to take up much more of my time when I was younger and I can still spend a few hours in the library without realising how long I've been there.

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A quick glance at my posting history will show you I'm a total music nerd. I've spent whole days in a city's various record shops. My nights out are almost always to see live music.
When it come to favourite tv shows or movies I'm nerdy about those too - I classify that as re-watching dvd episodes with the commentaries on. I don't really know if I'm in a small minority doing that, I know my friends never bother with these dvd extras.
Books used to take up much more of my time when I was younger and I can still spend a few hours in the library without realising how long I've been there.
I love DVD commentary. I watched all of Buffy and Angel, in original broadcast order and whenever I finished a season, I went back through and watched all of the episodes again with the commentary overdubbed for the ones that had it as well as all of the extras. I will do that with just about any DVD series or movie that has them though, that was just the most in depth I ever did.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love DVD commentary. I watched all of Buffy and Angel, in original broadcast order and whenever I finished a season, I went back through and watched all of the episodes again with the commentary overdubbed for the ones that had it as well as all of the extras. I will do that with just about any DVD series or movie that has them though, that was just the most in depth I ever did.
It's good to know I'm not the only one. :)
I generally have the commentary on not long after I finish a season, the one exception I've made is for the last 8 episodes of Mad Men I've just been saving them as a treat because there won't be any more.

I like videogames especially the Silent Hill, Hitman, Grand Theft Auto and Resident Evil series. Movies I like to collect them mainly enjoy dark fims/tv series, thrillers and the mystery genre . I also like old black and white movies.

Reactions: MickeyLee

My work. I oversee all the field gas chromatography and mass spectrum analysis for a large chem plant. I also assure compliance to environmental guidelines.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gives a whole new meaning to “release the kraken!”

View attachment 20912811

63868fd9-efe3-4719-a571-c362afc76a66_text.gif

Well. Actually, Chet.. It totally was a whale's dick

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You should get back into it, its fun as hell

I played some Commander over the past few years, and had some fun, but I just don't have the time to be able to devote to playing anymore, unfortunately. Also, it was more playing with a specific group of friends at that point.

I started back around the transition from Revised to 4th edition and then stopped playing consistently sometime between after 5th and 6th. I would occasionally play with some friends where we would do booster drafts, but not consistently. When I tried to get back into it, around 7th, I would try to play but didn't have the time or resources to stay current and there really weren't any truly casual players at the time, they were all into local tourneys and such.

I tried several more times through the years, but finally just stopped because it was like learning a new game every time I tried to play. The endlessly changing rules and updates just made the game more confusing to me. The only thing I found enjoyable was commander, but again, only with friends. I tried a commander game a few times at a local shop and it was just tech-decks and net-decks and not casual or just out of the box, and so I really wasn't having any fun at all.

I look back on having fond memories of it, though. I did get together with some friends and played old school style online, but only very few times.