How do you nerd?

T

T_Lurch

View attachment 34707361

It can breathe underwater through specialized butt glands called cloaca — orifices through which the turtle excretes urine, waste and lays eggs.
Now that's a turtle that's even more punk than GG Allin.

In other oddball biological trivia, apparently rats are unable to vomit. They lack the right esophageal function; hence why they are more vulnerable to poisons than most creatures.

The More You Know...:D

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
View attachment 34707361

It can breathe underwater through specialized butt glands called cloaca — orifices through which the turtle excretes urine, waste and lays eggs.

I pity the turtle!

th

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now that's a turtle that's even more punk than GG Allin.

In other oddball biological trivia, apparently rats are unable to vomit. They lack the right esophageal function; hence why they are more vulnerable to poisons than most creatures.

The More You Know...:D
How the fuck did I miss a GG Allin reference? I’m ashamed of myself.

D

deleted12229651

American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator2 on PC. Totally hooked on it. Always felt a little ashamed to be honest. Grown ass men shouldn't be playing computer games I always tell myself. But it's an escape

Reactions: bigmanmikey444
D

deleted12229651

I'm also a total dendrophile. I absolutely love forests. I feel drawn to them by something I can't explain. I just want to be in them all the time. I'll be out with my family and see a tree and ill start talking about what species it is or how it grew there, totally changing the subject from whatever they were talking about. It always gets questioning looks

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm also a total dendrophile. I absolutely love forests. I feel drawn to them by something I can't explain. I just want to be in them all the time. I'll be out with my family and see a tree and ill start talking about what species it is or how it grew there, totally changing the subject from whatever they were talking about. It always gets questioning looks

Ditto.

A/B

Reactions: deleted12229651

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I am a cannabis nerd.

Wanna talk terpene profiles? Let's do it. Cannabinoid content? What's the good, gimme the specs. You get a different effect with different strains, or is it all the same game for you? What your tolerance level: smoking, with edibles.. or even the patch? How many milli's you throwing down?

(obviously these are all rhetorical questions for the sake of being an obnoxious nerd about my nugs)

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Reactions: deleted5791141

Passandre92

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I love playing videogames and watching series. Used to watch anime but a long time since the last I watched.
I also love RPG's and boardgames, almost all my friends are also nerds.
I play Magic: the Gathering, Pokémon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh too.

Reactions: Cosgood

Number 9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
During my day to day everyday I am the site subject matter expert for process analytics. Be it gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, or environmental monitoring I am King Spazamataz! At least for a few more months.

Then when I step off at night I find my bliss just zoning out and throwing pots on the wheel. Getting lost in clay

NathanZweihander

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm a HUGE nerd about so many topics. I cannot get enough of reading about linguistics, neurolinguistics, phonetics, and etymology. Words in various languages, how they're tied to cultures, all those untranslatable words, the way words travel back and forth, words that become and stop being taboo, how language is learned and produced in the brain, the various neural connections involved in language processes... I could go on and on!

I also have a soft spot for animals and insects, particularly bees. They're so fascinating! I also love reading about dogs and their co-evolution with humans throughout history and various societies. We probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't thanks to our privileged relationship with dogs.

I'll stop here but I could write so many pages about topics that I nerd out about!

Reactions: deleted5791141

zazazaottantanove

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm a HUGE nerd about so many topics. I cannot get enough of reading about linguistics, neurolinguistics, phonetics, and etymology. Words in various languages, how they're tied to cultures, all those untranslatable words, the way words travel back and forth, words that become and stop being taboo, how language is learned and produced in the brain, the various neural connections involved in language processes... I could go on and on!

The same. I'm quoting @NathanZweihander because it's easier haha, but this describes my linguistic interest well. Also language evolution through the centuries, and language families. Also conlanging.

I am also very interested in organic chemistry and pharmacology.

• Love
Reactions: NathanZweihander