How Do You "really" Like Your Coffee?

giantsausage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Malcolm Gladwell once gave a TED talk where he explained that if you ask a group of people how they like their coffee you get the same answer from everyone, "rich, bold, flavorful". But that actual taste tests show that the majority of people actually prefer weak sugary coffee, yet no one ever admits to wanting weak sugary coffee.

So ladies, if you'd like to continue with the metaphor; what is your version of weak sugary coffee? But in truth like a typical Man I wasn't going for metaphor, I'm merely mocking that other dude's thread about what Woman "really" want, but it got me thinking about coffee. So do you like it cold pressed, pour over, drip, or are pink drinks from Starbucks your thing? Let me know.

(For me, and I never admit this in real life, I fucking love Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Shame me if you must, but I remind you that the world does have some real problems, like pirates, and koalas with chlamydia and no health insurance.)

giantsausage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Was a barista for 9 years...

Are we opening that box?
:imp:
PSL humiliation I can get behind.
It doesn’t even have the only nutritious part in it...pumpkin.

I prefer my coffee as ice cream.

I know it's wrong but I enjoy PSL living. I feel the judgement when I order it, but it's not my fault corporate america made it a thing.

Coffee ice cream is great! I like Coldstone's for some reason.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I love straight espresso. No sugar. No milk/cream. Just a double of quality ground espresso.

I also live for an iced latte, soymilk and a spoon of cocoa powder. No sugar.

I don't do super sweet coffee, I prefer to taste the bitterness. Vanilla, REAL vanilla to sweeten? Fuck yeah. Not always.

If I get coffee from somewhere, then I mostly choose iced coffees. I also like cold brew, to drink it iced. I think it tempers the strongest of the more bitter notes, so I can appreciate other flavors in the coffee more. Dairy fucks me up. Sweetened some is my preference. I can drink my coffee black n unsweetened, but it is mostly not my preference. Also, coffee ice cream is amazing. A bit of espresso in chocolate desserts is great too. I do not enjoy IPA beers either, mind you. But I like my chocolate 90% cocoa, which is pretty fuckin' bitter. So. Different kinds of bitter, some good, some bad. I do enjoy some dessert drinks that have a little coffee in them too.

I like my wine more sweet, not so mineral-y. I really only sweeten my tea if I am ill or if it is chai.

I wanna try a caramel macchiato that T_N_J made though :eyes:

giantsausage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love straight espresso. No sugar. No milk/cream. Just a double of quality ground espresso.

I also live for an iced latte, soymilk and a spoon of cocoa powder. No sugar.

I don't do super sweet coffee, I prefer to taste the bitterness. Vanilla, REAL vanilla to sweeten? Fuck yeah. Not always.

When a buddy turned me on to Doppios I nearly cried thinking I had wasted my life ordering expensive lattes, I mean you can just add the milk yourself if you feel the need, but it's great straight, as long as it's right away and you don't burn yourself.

giantsausage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like strong black coffee. Dark roast. No sugar or cream - makes coffee taste like syrup.

I like many dark roasts, but for some reason French roasts I do not like. Komodo Dragon is a good dark roast, I like to french press it with a slightly too fine a ground, so that it gets a little silty. Not too much, but just a little something extra.

D

deleted848353

Usually when Im out and go get coffee I usually get a medium vanilla latte with almond milk. But if I'm at home I just have coffee with 2 sugars and almond milk

I use a strong but not bitter roast... i want to taste the coffee flavor... and add peppermint mocha creamer. It's easy to find in the winter, so i stock up when i see other flavor hit the shelves in spring. Sigh.

In the summer, I really enjoy an iced mocha mint, no whip.

Reactions: Enid and Mule

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BBC - big black coffee o_O:pensive: I'm awful.

In the morning, got to break out my press pot. Grind some beans. Work some caffeine alchemy to produce a potent yet nuanced morning cup. Summer might find a honey-rum soaked vanilla bean steeping in my cup. Winter sees cardamon and star anise. When I wanna lil strange rosemary, tumeric, or ginger for winding down.

Afternoon, my white girl takes over, all about that iced beverage. Lurves me a macchiato whip a plant-based froth. Coconut or walnut milk are my top two.