How often do you find yourself negatively misinterpreting a man's actions?

3hoursofsatisfaction

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I'm in college one day after my math class, I'm briefly speaking with my professor (she's a female, happens to be an attractive one to me at that). So long story short she drops one of her markers she writes with as she's walking out and now I'm figuring she didn't notice because we were talking. I stopped to pick it up to return it to her, but she's already out ahead of me. So I try to catch up with her & she turns (now because I myself wasn't paying attention).. I'm thinking she just walked through the staircase door so I could catch her and return into before she gets too far & go my way.. Only to push open the door and find out it was the door to women's bathroom, which is a few doors away from the staircase.. So now I just opened the door but didn't step in once I realized it was the bathroom & backed away. She saw me though but anyway I gave her her marker left and apologized (hearing this it sounds like something sexual would take place). Anyway I ended up with people alluding to the incident so I guess it was seen on the camera near the bathroom. Then later on some woman who works in the college tried to down talk me, reprimand me (as if that behavior is in my character) & make it seem like I was trying to follow the woman into the bathroom.. Trying to make me seem like a peeping tom. Now if she wanted to have a (or some) consensual F**k at some point during or after that semester or after I left campus have sex with me I'm all for it if she'd let me know but damn I'm not the stalker type. Odd situation but..

I doubt she's the one who complained as we were getting along fine the rest of that semester. I guess they saw me on camera & drew it up later to hold against me.
I guess she works at another school or left to pursue her master's now because I haven't seen her in almost year. So I guess it was that female who reprimanded me (inability to mind her business)

Now story, why do you some females so badly/negatively misinterpret the actions of men?
Do you all have any stories where you realized you've completely negatively misread a man's actions towards you? & is it common when you think about it? & did you ever go about apologizing or just went on?

Sorry if this comes out bashing like, strictly educational